Tinfoil hat time! A recap.

Exponentially

I've been keeping a casual eye on the forums, and things haven't been adding up regarding the hate going on here, so I'm going to give a recap.

1) The game goes live. We start to see complaints, but nothing too major.

2) People get banned for Ilum objective trading. People claim to have been banned for going to Ilum, but they all can't produce anything but a CSR email with Ilum spelled as "Illum".

3) More ban claims. They are all rebutted by CSRs, topics are closed...Then no one lies about this ever again.

4) Getdown bug is made public. People try to falsely claim that BW is banning people who dance out of designated dance zones. This is rebuked by BW, and the statement is proven fake. The player who reports this once again disappears.

5) Texture resolution complaints come into full force. A group of 3-4 people try to claim that the game is being "streamed" to our computers by remote servers, which is rebutted by Stephen Reid. The post is closed, and they are never heard from again.

6) Ilum patch comes out. It is hugely broken, resulting in people getting 10-20 valor levels in a day. People claim that turrets are giving valor and they gained 50-100 valor levels. Some Empire players troll, openly mocking Republic players and fanning the flames.

7) This morning: A group of 3-4 individuals are making the rounds, posting the stock projection article every time it falls off the main page.

Does this seem a bit too convenient to everyone else? It seems like someone is fanning the flames every time a contentious issue comes up. Furthermore, most people in the game I talk to have no idea these things even exist. I'm not crazy enough to thing that Blizz is paying people to do this, but there is definitely something funny going on here.

Does this seem a bit too convenient to everyone else? It seems like someone is fanning the flames every time a contentious issue comes up

but there is definitely something funny going on here.

I agree. Aliens and Sasquatch have teamed up to incite people to quit SWTOR.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

I only browse the forums at work during down time, but the one thing I've noticed is the same 10 names pop up in any thread with something positive to say so they can bash the game and the people who enjoy it. My impression is that there is a small group of disgruntled kids out there who made it their mission to troll these forums.

I only browse the forums at work during down time, but the one thing I've noticed is the same 10 names pop up in any thread with something positive to say so they can bash the game and the people who enjoy it. My impression is that there is a small group of disgruntled kids out there who made it their mission to troll these forums.

Yes, forum trolls are an odd sort. I have a hard time understanding why one would spend so much time on a web forum complaining about a game.

My opinion? It's 4chan. They want to see BW fail after DA2, and this is how they're trying to do it.

I agree. Aliens and Sasquatch have teamed up to incite people to quit SWTOR.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Yeah, but they're just pawns of the Illuminati.

Honestly, though....I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there were anti-TOR shills running around on the forums.

Hello everyone,

Threads in the general discussion forum should be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ gameplay and not the community itself. This thread is off-topic so we are going to close it, but please do feel free to to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics if you like.