Champion Gear? To buy or not to buy...

KillerSwordz

Being fairly new to the game, and not close to 50, I was wondering about champion gear/sets for PvP.

My main toon is a 39 Jedi sentinel. I have roughly 400 WZ and Merc comms saved. I was trying to decide whether or not to buy champion gear bags (200 WZ/200 merc comms eac) or wait for something else. I am still on Alderaan, finishing up any and all missions on the planet. So far I have gone through each planet in the same way, do everything on the planet.

So I have heard of Ilum (umm yea thats about it) and dailies and such. But I wanted a more thorough understanding, considering I will be looking to PvP quite regularly later.

Are there any sites/links/etc which will help. I know of torhead but are there others? went through the forums but havent found anything....yet. Any help is much appreciated

How do I acquire the sets that I see some toons wearing?

Why only buy one? I didn't really understand that? Is there a disadvantage? I want to save for the 50 gear, and it was my understanding that the bags gave you some tokens to be spent for the gear. Is that incorrect?

I'm lost....a lost noob....

they are unique and not usable till 50, you can't buy more than one.

Well you can have actually 3 worth when you get to 50.

- buy 1 bag for 200merc coms + 200wz coms that you cannot open till u are 50.

- farm another 200merc coms

- farm 1000wz coms.

When you get to 50 you can open the bag you have, buy another one with the 200merc coms you saved + 200wz coms and with the 800wz coms left you can get another 200merc coms + 200wz coms

- farm 1000wz coms.

When you get to 50 you can open the bag you have, buy another one with the 200merc coms you saved + 200wz coms and with the 800wz coms left you can get another 200merc coms + 200wz coms

Haha, what? Did they change it from 1k limit per com? 1k of each is 5 bags plus the one you already had, 6.

- farm 1000wz coms.

Its odd you seem to choose 3 as the number one can also have, given that 1000 Merc and 1000 WZ comms can give you 5 bags. Combine that with the 1 bag already bought, 1 from the first daily, and 3 from the first weekly, a good night's grind at 50 can hopefully provide at least a few Champion pieces and maybe enough Commendations for a cheap Centurian piece. You ain't going to be matching a Battlemaster, but the expertise and tier 2 gear helps immensely.

OP, when we say the bags are unique, it merely means you can have only 1 such bag in your inventory at a time. Once you open it and take the contents, the bag disappears, and you can replace it with a new bag, ad infinitum (well, until you run out of Commendations/Missions).

Thanks guys. That was the main issue I was worried about. Didn't realize that the bags were unique. So I guess buy one now, and then save up for em later.

One more question: if i bought one now, and then put one in cargo, I can buy another right? Or is it a global inventory? (whether on person or cargo hold)

I am now 42, so getting closer...still have no idea about Ilum and things, but I guess I'll find out soon enough

Being fairly new to the game, and not close to 50, I was wondering about champion gear/sets for PvP.

My main toon is a 39 Jedi sentinel. I have roughly 400 WZ and Merc comms saved. I was trying to decide whether or not to buy champion gear bags (200 WZ/200 merc comms eac) or wait for something else. I am still on Alderaan, finishing up any and all missions on the planet. So far I have gone through each planet in the same way, do everything on the planet.

So I have heard of Ilum (umm yea thats about it) and dailies and such. But I wanted a more thorough understanding, considering I will be looking to PvP quite regularly later.

Are there any sites/links/etc which will help. I know of torhead but are there others? went through the forums but havent found anything....yet. Any help is much appreciated

I had 6 bags upon hitting 50. That's, what... 4800 wz commendations?

I got 18 centurion commendations. Which can't get me a single set piece. I feel like an idiot. I'd rather just continue without special armor than bother this crap.