Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Forum Rankings for posters

Scill

Could you possibly implement a system that people can rate people that post on here from credible to complete troll. It seems the loudest people here are the same kiddies that can't get over the fact they didn't get an iphone for christmas. If you don't like the game ... walk away.

I enjoy valid complaints, but the excessive/lying story telling is getting a lil overwhelming.

Just like to see a way you could rate the poster, not the post.

Lots of forums have a karma feature for ranking. I think it's a good idea, but would be abused here.

I agree. It works on political forums but I'm not sure it would work very well on a gaming forum where people just do stuff without thinking first.

Edited by JCommando

I wouldn't mind seeing post count.

I say this because trolls seem to get bored after awhile and tend to have lower post counts than serious and regular forum visitors. I tend to trust people with really high post counts a little more.

I wouldn't mind seeing post count.

I say this because trolls seem to get bored after awhile and tend to have lower post counts than serious and regular forum visitors. I tend to trust people with really high post counts a little more.

You can see it in their profile.

But like others have said, much like thread ratings, forum rankings would be abused to the point of becoming another troll tool.

Hey Everyone,

We ask that topics posted in General Discussion stay focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is off-topic, we're going to close it. We encourage you to make threads about specific game-related topics if you like.

Also, while we understand that people can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this, while made with good intentions, tend to draw out people who wish to be overly negative and incite flames. In the future, please create threads that encourage gameplay discussion and not ones which criticize the community.

Thank you for understanding.