Carnage vs Anni in a PVP environment

beaujames

I am lvl 31 and I made the switch from Annihilation to Carnage for PVP. I felt that Carnage was the spec that I was missing. In PvP, the bleeds had too much ramp up time to suite my playstyle. It was effective, but Carnage can throw out some controlled burst while sustaining DPS. Gore is a great ability to pair with force scream and will be better when I get an additional 30% crit dmg bonus to scream.

Annihilation is a good spec as I have used it alot, but the switch to Carnage was a breath of fresh air. To those that say Carnage is junk, I would say that it is one of the best specs for PVP. I faired much better as carnage as I did as Annihilation.

I do not feel as rage starved as Carnage.

To each their own spec, but Carnage is just as viable as Rage and Annihilation. I am really enjoying it and I hope people don't overlook the spec due to the bad rap it has here on the forums.

I will say that without Gore, Carnage may be lacking before lvl 30.

There is no doubt in my mind that anni is 100x better than carnage in PvE ( leveled from 1-39 carnage and 39-47 anni) when I switched to anni I noticed everything was way easier but i just switched back to Carnage from Anni and alll those stuns and snares are hilarious in PvP it is def a great PvP spec that seems to be heavily over-looked

i'd say carnage really started to get going around lvl 43 for me, i picked up the 1 rage refund on massacre and the damage i did in wz shot up by a lot. i'm having great fun with it, i'm pretty confident it's an overlooked and effective spec for PvP, maybe pve not so much but i'm not keen on respeccing every hour :) Edited by DarthBoga

1-50 Annihilation is extremely strong in the level process due to the high survivability.

But at level 50 its anybody's game. Annihilation does strong single target DPS however people forget that Carnage's damage scales better than Annihilation. So once your at level 50 with your fancy armor maybe Carnage does more damage maybe not? Who knows, I don't have a damage chart to show you.