Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

60+ pages and really the only arguements against dual spec is that it is lazy? Or that it breaks your RP decision/consequence immersion? I played all the old games, and I hate how watered down and trivialized certain aspects of games have become just as much as anyone. I agree certain things should be hard and should take time and effort and should not be handed to you, but in my opinion this is not one of them.

If my guild needs dps for raids, but the server community needs tanks for pick up flashpoints, then how does everyone not win by me being able to fulfill both roles? Or if a pure dps class wants one spec for raiding and another for pvp, how does that negatively affect the game in any way?

The ability to respec is already there, the only difference with dual spec is that it provides the convienence of not having to manually change action bars, hot keys etc everytime you want to switch, along with not having to waste a million credits a week in order to do so.

If that's all you came out of 60 pages with? Then you're doing it wrong.

But I'm not going over all the crap again. Just go back and read.

Also, respeccing is completely different from having two specs.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed an entire thread. Good job coming in late to the game, making some grand proclamation and then ignore everything that was said within.

Great success!

Don't worry I read it, I just think your other reasons are stupid and not worth commenting on.

No reason NOT to introduce dual spec other than seeing babies cry about getting their tank/healer roles replaced by a more skilled dps willing to click a respec button.

:)

Edited by Kurfer

I think the people against dual-spec are the ones that chose a support class to make up for their lack of skill.

They are afraid that someone who primarily runs dps can change to a healer and force them out of their raid slot. These same types of players usually hog skill positions and prevent guilds from advancing because they just are not good enough.

I get it, you play a class that is needed and not everyone wants to play. You can't handle someone coming along and doing it better than you therefore you don't want dual spec.

Solution: play better.

I think instead of typing, you might want to spend some time reading the entire thread. If you want to add to the discussion then, please feel free :)

I think the people against dual-spec are the ones that chose a support class to make up for their lack of skill.

They are afraid that someone who primarily runs dps can change to a healer and force them out of their raid slot. These same types of players usually hog skill positions and prevent guilds from advancing because they just are not good enough.

I get it, you play a class that is needed and not everyone wants to play. You can't handle someone coming along and doing it better than you therefore you don't want dual spec.

Solution: play better.

I think that your assumptions have no base what so ever and you should probably shove them somewhere that if I told you the exact location, this post would be removed for being offensive. ;)

I was arguing from the standpoint of... Le gasp! A sniper.

The reasons you're stating? Come from your elitist little mind. Nowhere else. They are made up. They are there to make you feel better... Superior... Elite, as it were.

So please. Come back with something intelligent or don't come back at all.

I think instead of typing, you might want to spend some time reading the entire thread. If you want to add to the discussion then, please feel free :)

You should learn to play better and then you won't be so scared of "dual spec"

I think that your assumptions have no base what so ever and you should probably shove them somewhere that if I told you the exact location, this post would be removed for being offensive. ;)

I was arguing from the standpoint of... Le gasp! A sniper.

The reasons you're stating? Come from your elitist little mind. Nowhere else. They are made up. They are there to make you feel better... Superior... Elite, as it were.

So please. Come back with something intelligent or don't come back at all.

No.

Carry on.

You should learn to play better and then you won't be so scared of "dual spec"

HAHAHAHAHA You clearly HAVEN't read it. If you had done you would see that I am, infact one of the people in the "FOR" crowd when it comes to duel spec. But feel free to fill the thread with crap :)

HAHAHAHAHA You clearly HAVEN't read it. If you had done you would see that I am, infact one of the people in the "FOR" crowd when it comes to duel spec. But feel free to fill the thread with crap :)

If you're scared say you're scared!

You chose a support class knowing it would be limited quantity to hide your lack of talent. You're scared you will have more competition and can't come to terms.

I won't see it any other way. Any other argument simply doesn't make sense.

Carry on.

Solution: Play better, stop holding your poor guild hostage!

You chose a support class knowing it would be limited quantity to hide your lack of talent. You're scared you will have more competition and can't come to terms.

Carry on.

Solution: Stop trolling.

Carry on.

Yes Sir! Right away Sir!

Erm.. what was your point by the way? Are you in the for or against crowd? Are you sane or one of those wierdos? #confussed

Please enlighten me on how the two differ in any way other than the actual process of doing it.

If you dont take in the process of how they are done then they really dont. Thats also why I dont like the ability to respec the way it is now either. To me they are both wrong.

Please enlighten me on how the two differ in any way other than the actual process of doing it.

Respeccing has a progressively increasing cost and lets you reasign point how ever you want them. Duel spec would have (maybe) a one off cost and then lock you into 2 sets of spec point assignments that you can switch between.

Edited by Tolil

Uh, it's the process that makes it different. You don't have to go back to the fleet to use your dual spec. You do it at your -convenience-. That's what changes it completely from what it was. Utility is a huge thing in MMO's, if you haven't noticed yet.

Yes Sir! Right away Sir!

Erm.. what was your point by the way? Are you in the for or against crowd? Are you sane or one of those wierdos? #confussed

I'm clearly for it, anyone against it is just nit picking. Dual spec needs to be added yesterday period. If you're also for it then why the **** are you ************ at me? Go away, you're strange.

Uh, it's the process that makes it different. You don't have to go back to the fleet to use your dual spec. You do it at your -convenience-. That's what changes it completely from what it was. Utility is a huge thing in MMO's, if you haven't noticed yet.

Not as convenient as that. I would be quite happy to have to walk back to fleet, or my ship or whatever - in the name on balance. The main aim of duel spec (IMO) is to offer the player an option when it comes to playstyle.

Edited by Tolil

I'm clearly for it, anyone against it is just nit picking. Dual spec needs to be added yesterday period. If you're also for it then why the **** are you ************ at me? Go away, you're strange.

I'm drunk! What did you expect!?

That is still no different other than the round trip to the mentor.

To be honest I wouldn't have a huge problem with having to be at the fleet to switch, although it seems unnecessary to me.

Another thing that drives me crazy is that even if I play a class that has nothing much to gain from dual-spec options (Sniper) it would still be an advantage.

WoW dev's said it best:

Bring the player, not the game.

Example: My guild is a guild of 10 RL friends that play very well together; we are tight knit and generally like to keep to ourselves. 4 of us are out of town on the weekend, 6 of us would like to continue to raid.

Finding 2 pugs for an EV is hard if 2 of them need to be healers/tanks. But with dual-spec I can have my trusted guildies change their roles for the raid and then worry about finding 2 dps (much easier).

Bottom line is, dual spec grants us the ability to find the human player not the role.

How many times do you see some poor soul spamming LF1 heals or LF1 tank all NIGHT long trying to run HM FPs?

Another thing that drives me crazy is that even if I play a class that has nothing much to gain from dual-spec options (Sniper) it would still be an advantage.

WoW dev's said it best:

Bring the player, not the game.

Example: My guild is a guild of 10 RL friends that play very well together; we are tight knit and generally like to keep to ourselves. 4 of us are out of town on the weekend, 6 of us would like to continue to raid.

Finding 2 pugs for an EV is hard if 2 of them need to be healers/tanks. But with dual-spec I can have my trusted guildies change their roles for the raid and then worry about finding 2 dps (much easier).

Bottom line is, dual spec grants us the ability to find the human player not the role.

How many times do you see some poor soul spamming LF1 heals or LF1 tank all NIGHT long trying to run HM FPs?

Totally. I have no problem when a game wants to try and be flexible and allow the player to do more.

Mechanics should never get in the way of gameplay.

it doesn't matter how YOU play .. I'm talking about how the MAJORITY play.

and its not just because.. maybe its because i like to play differently with my class.

Your not talking about the majority. The majority of the players are in the game enjoying it and dont have a need to come into the forums. Its the vocal minority that want duel-spec. :cool:

Your not talking about the majority. The majority of the players are in the game enjoying it and dont have a need to come into the forums. Its the vocal minority that want duel-spec. :cool:

So if the vocal minority want dual spec, what part of the player base do you represent? The Non-vocal-non-minority?