Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then ask for them...

of course, you're not actually talking about an analogous situation to dual spec.

So, tired of strawmanning people, and now you're going for an argument by gibberish fallacy, eh?

I know that it sometimes is discomforting to see what your arguments actually are. You want to change the game to be how you want it to play and scoff when the same ability is asked for but just happens to be about something you personally don't want.

Wait, you can say how others should play but complain when others are saying how you should play?

Seriously?

yeah you cant be taken seriously i read everything you said so far it added up to be nothing relevant to the matter you are making up more arguments on top of more if dual spec doesnt hurt you why are you here?

Same goes to you it seems. I want a dual spec. You don't need to learn it.

Don't waste your time. As soon as you make the point that a properly implemented duel spec system would have no impact on someone who doesn't want it, his argument falls flat and he moves on to something else.

I guess my points and comments were too sensible and hit too close to the mark, because now you've left all realm of reasonable discussion behind.

The people arguing for Dual Spec actually want to play the game, in groups, with their friends, on their characters. Why is it you have a problem with that?

People should play with whomever they want. The lack of dual-spec doesn't not prevent this. But that was a pretty weak straw-man, in any case.

So what if all the DPSers suddenly decide they want to have a shot at healing? Who are you to say they can't?

Duel specs lead to

1. People that you expect to know their role having the chance to not no one thing about how to do their role. (that guy has heroic raid gear lets get him because he has to know what hes doing, even though he got it as DPS and never healed before in his life)

2. It makes it harder for you to find people at your skill level that would help your group succeed.

3. It just adds thread of like people need to L2P. I got a healing in my flashpoint earlier today that had no clue what he was doing and the group ended up breaking up because of that, so I wasted 30 mins.

yeah you cant be taken seriously i read everything you said so far it added up to be nothing relevant to the matter you are making up more arguments on top of more if dual spec doesnt hurt you why are you here?

Oh oops... Have we a nice definition of someone who want the attention?

He still ignore my ratio argument.

You said my wants were no good.

actually i told you how much of the game would be altered if you can have ability to get gear with out trying or hit instant 50 sounds like you want to play a private server or something.

dual spec hardly even changes the game

but once again dual spec doesnt do anything to YOU why are you here?

Don't waste your time. As soon as you make the point that a properly implemented duel spec system would have no impact on someone who doesn't want it, his argument falls flat and he moves on to something else.

Not really. It's not even an effective point. That you keep regurgitating it over and over doesn't make it more valid.

Duel specs lead to

1. People that you expect to know their role having the chance to not no one thing about how to do their role. (that guy has heroic raid gear lets get him because he has to know what hes doing, even though he got it as DPS and never healed before in his life)

2. It makes it harder for you to find people at your skill level that would help your group succeed.

3. It just adds thread of like people need to L2P. I got a healing in my flashpoint earlier today that had no clue what he was doing and the group ended up breaking up because of that, so I wasted 30 mins.

Still you need 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps in a flashpoint. You need 1 tank, 2 healers, 5 dps in a 8 man. So in other word one tank need to respec. That mean he won't know his offspec as well as main one. Same for the dual spec.

actually i told you how much of the game would be altered if you can have ability to get gear with out trying or hit instant 50 sounds like you want to play a private server or something.

dual spec hardly even changes the game

but once again dual spec doesnt do anything to YOU why are you here?

Allowing someone to skip levels or get automaticaly doesn't hurt you either. Why are you complaining about it?

Heck, allowing Advance Class changes would hurt you but here you are, in a thread, that all about denying that option to folks. Why?

Duel specs lead to

Again, the argument that people shouldn't play a role they aren't familiar with. Get off your high horse and let people play what they want to play. Until someone else starts paying for my monthly sub, I'll play whatever role I enjoy.

It's up to you to decide wether or not you think I'm good enough to group with again.

Duel specs lead to

people not knowing their class can happen with or without dual spec....... i know people that went to school to repair computers and i know people that havent seen a text book for college a day in their life know more than them.

just because you leveled and put time into your character doesnt mean anything

people learn things faster than others it is human nature.

Still you need 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps in a flashpoint.

No you don't. It may be the optimal (min/max) but you can do it with other class combinations. It may speed up or slow down the run or force a different set of tactics but it is not a requirement.

Not really. It's not even an effective point. That you keep regurgitating it over and over doesn't make it more valid.

So make an argument against it.

Allowing duel specs would have a negative effect because...

Edited by Tolil

people not knowing their class can happen with or without dual spec....... i know people that went to school to repair computers and i know people that havent seen a text book for college a day in their life know more than them.

just because you leveled and put time into your character doesnt mean anything

people learn things faster than others it is human nature.

Some ppl don't even know to play there spec even if they played it since the level 1.

I leveled myt alt as a dps and I respected healer when I hit the lvl 50. Took me 1 Flashpoint to understand how it works. No wipe.

Edited by Guzul

Allowing someone to skip levels or get automaticaly doesn't hurt you either. Why are you complaining about it?

Heck, allowing Advance Class changes would hurt you but here you are, in a thread, that all about denying that option to folks. Why?

what? dual spec is not about AC change go get your head checked or better yet READ THE THREAD TITLE.

you are in here deny for a feature that does nothing to hurt you

it is like you are complaining about people that pay for gas with a credit card because you want them to use cash instead of their credit card because they are too lazy to go to the bank and get money and come back.

that is how you sound right now.

It's not needed.

/thread

/facepalm. That mean you don't have any. Good to know. We said it's needed and give a lot of arguments about it.

You: "It's not needed becasue it's not needed /threat" No argument just wow...

My main argument, it's needed because of the ratio between the flashpoint and the operative. The ratio might change in every boss fight in the operative. You didn't say a word on this yet.

Edited by Guzul

what? dual spec is not about AC change go get your head checked or better yet READ THE THREAD TITLE.

I think you mis-understood my point.

you are in here deny for a feature that does nothing to hurt you

How would AC changes hurt you?

it is like you are complaining about people that pay for gas with a credit card because you want them to use cash instead of their credit card because they are too lazy to go to the bank and get money and come back.

Folks should pay cash as it is saves them a pretty decent chunk of change per gallon. Cash prices is cheaper than the credit price (at least in CA).

that is how you sound right now.

Not really but to each his own.

so time = easy

in your logic

these dual spec arguments are so weak.

if a boss fight is hard i dont see how dual spec can possible make it EASY.

I told you how it would be easier.

Lets not add that if you had duel spec you would have an advantage over someone who didnt have duel spec.

Now here comes the well he can have duel spec no one is stopping him from having it right. well no one is stopping you from rolling an alt to do another spec either. But no that would involve you playing the game more instead of just clicking a button and being a healer or a dps or a tank.

Fanboiz response to players saying there is no end game.

Level an alt and all is well

Fanboiz response to being told to level an alt to have 2 specs

I want to play my main and not level an alt.

So its ok when there is no engame content for many players that they have to roll an alt but when you have to roll an alt then there is a problem. Makes perfect sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.