Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't wow and it's a perfectly valid argument that you just don't like because it doesn't fit your needs. If you want to pve do a pve spec. If you want to pvp then pay to respec. It's far to easy to earn credits in this game as it is and nothing at all to remove them at end game.

oh its easy? ok how i spend about 200k in repair bills a night in a operation because a boss bugs out.

yet i am unable to keep credits half the time from that reason alone

like i said before how does dual spec hurt you in any way? right it doesnt.

easy.

simple math here

8 classes total in this game 4 on empire 4 on republic they are both mirrored from each other.

the classes have 2 AC which are permanent choices.

the fact they have 2 AC and 4 classes on 1 side is pretty much 8 different roles i could play those 8 different AC with the 8 slots that is with dual spec.

without dual spec i can still do the 8 classes on empire but from what people is telling me to reroll which is not possible i can no level the same AC twice without wasting a slot and ruining my chance to level a DIFFERENT AC.

There is ONLY 3 roles. DPS, Tank or healer. There is not 8, there is not 4. 3 roles that people would be able to spec for when the group does not have it. In all of those 8 char slots you will ONLY get three role choices. DPS, Tank or Healer. Roll 8 characters and you will have multiples of at LEAST one of those roles. And no one is in here saying they want to dual spec for 2 choices in DPS...

Edited by Uben

That still shoots his example to crud. The hypothetical friend would have his gear then, right? Making it STILL a bad example. :rolleyes:

Actually I don't understand what you wanted to say agains my example. I mean your alt is maybe lvl 5 or 50 with greens. That's what I meant by not ready. If you do an operative with your main, that mean it is ready for it. Maybe your friend have a second set for his offspec but since there is no dual spec he need to pay 100k credit and make the raid wait 5 or more minutes each time he respec. Maybe you don't want to wait and pick someone else for the fight in question (yeah some guild do that).

Edited by Guzul

There is ONLY 3 roles. DPS, Tank or healer. There is not 8, there is not 4. 3 roles that people would be able to spec for when the group does not have it. In all of those 8 char slots you will ONLY get three role choices. DPS, Tank or Healer. Roll 8 characters and you will have multiples of at LEAST one of those roles. And no one is in here saying they want to dual spec for 3 choices in DPS...

jesus christ.......

there is 4 classes alone on the empire side each with 2 different AC which changes the way they play dramatically operative does not play the same as a Sniper Sorcerer does not play like a assassin

in other words there is 8 different classes.

Edited by genmyke

How does not having dual-spec hurt you?

That's right, it doesn't.

Yes it hurts us. Like I said in another post. Ratio for a flashpoint 1:1:2 (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps)

Ratio for a 8 man: 1:2:5. Ratio for a 16man: 1:4:11 (can be 2:4:10 or even 1:3:12)

It cost time to respec and a lot of credits. Some fight need more healers and tanks than others. That mean some of your teamates need to respec.

Edited by Guzul

jesus christ.......

there is 4 classes alone on the empire side each with 2 different AC which changes the way they play dramatically operative does not play the same as a Sniper Sorcerer does not play like a assassin

He said there are three roles.... and he is right.

Actually I don't understand what you wanted to say agains my example. I mean your alt is maybe lvl 5 or 50 with greens. That's what I meant by not ready. If you do an operative with your main, that mean it is ready for it. Maybe your friend have a second set for his offspec but since there is no dual spec he need to pay 100k credit and make the raid wait 5 or more minutes each time he respec. Maybe you don't want to wait and pick someone else for the fight in question (yeah some guild do that).

It is still a bad example. Your friend could have a dual spec and only have gear for one of the roles also. Making him just as useless to you. It does not make the dual spec any different from him re-speccing or having an alt with only 'greens' on.

How does not having dual-spec hurt you?

That's right, it doesn't.

Actually, NOT having dual-spec does hurt me. It means that the only way I can switch roles is to pay for a respec. Anymore than a few respecs during the week begins to add up high into the tens of thousands of credits. I don't have that kind of money, or the time to waste farming it.

I'm a healer by role. People love my heals. Their playtime would be diminished without them. However, in addition to healing Ops/FPs I must do PvE AND PvP dailies on a daily tbasis. Taking advantage of my healing ability for FPs and Ops and trying to prevent me from switching to my DPS spec for my dailies is completely selfish of you, and is utterly pointless.

So the time wasted while looking for a tank/healer/dps argument just went right over your head then did it?

I guess plain old travel hurts. Travel from quest giver to quest are and the like. All that time.....

Yes it hurts us. Like I said in another post. Ratio for a flashpoint 1:1:2 (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps)

Ratio for a 8 man: 1:2:5. Ratio for a 16man: 1:4:11 (can be 2:4:10 or even 1:3:12)

It cost time to respec and a lot of credits. Some fight need more healers and tanks than others. That mean some of your teamates need to respec.

Many things in the game cost you time and credits. They don't hurt.

It is still a bad example. Your friend could have a dual spec and only have gear for one of the roles also. Making him just as useless to you. It does not make the dual spec any different from him re-speccing or having an alt with only 'greens' on.

last i check you can have off spec gear

not hard to farm FP to get offset gear

of course there is 3 roles doesnt mean i dont want to play other CLASSES with the limited slots we have.

i swear im talking to 10 year olds.

He was very specific about roles. You assulted him about classes. I just pointed out what he actually said. No need to get mad and name call.

jesus christ.......

8 different classes. 3 roles. Whether or not the sorc plays different than the operative does not really matter. in the end you are either DPS, Tank or a healer. When they call for that in a raid they never ask WHAT class you are. They just ask what role you are playing. Are you a DPS Jugg, or are you a tank Jugg. Are you a DPS Sorc or a Healer Sorc... They go by the roles.

Even the people in this thread never come here and say i want to dual spec between 2 DPS roles on their character. They make a point to say they wish to be a healer or tank or DPS as the group needs it.

of course there is 3 roles doesnt mean i dont want to play other CLASSES with the limited slots we have.

i swear im talking to 10 year olds.

What exactly is your argument? Nobody is asking to be able to have extra specs that they can swap to a completely different class. Just the ability to change to a different role in the same AC.

oh its easy? ok how i spend about 200k in repair bills a night in a operation because a boss bugs out.

yet i am unable to keep credits half the time from that reason alone

like i said before how does dual spec hurt you in any way? right it doesnt.

First if you are spending 200k a night your group is just bad. Second why should some classes benefit while others cannot? You already have the option to change your role you simply have to pay to do it. That's more of a choice than other classes get. You made your choice the same as everyone else. I'd say you should worry more about learning how to play the spec you have than trying to switch between the two since your group is spending so much time failing.

Yeah because an alt lvl 25 will be great in an operative. Still, most of your gear you have for your main spec isn't useless for your offspec. I can say, it will be better than any greens. There is no AC with an healer and tanks spec. So your gear can be use in any spec. I have an Operative and my healer gear isn't bad for my melee dps spec.

Maybe your friend love his main character and doesn't want to go on his alt (if he has one) What will you do?

Edited by Guzul

Speeders in game hurt me. I have to pay for them. And training too! It huuuuuurrrttttsss!

Right, so make people pay for the ability to have a 2nd spec... that sounds like a viable solution. Or have it as a legacy option. Who knows?

Speeders, quest travel time, all of that is just a time/cash sink that people expect to have - no complaints here.

What exactly is your argument? Nobody is asking to be able to have extra specs that they can swap to a completely different class. Just the ability to change to a different role in the same AC.

i know this is what im saying is that we want dual spec and the main replies i get is "What do you want it for" i say i pvp and pve alot and you know that require alot of switching which cost.

then i get told to make a alt just for a different spec.....

then i got told this by him

The question here is.. WHAT are you using those other slots for? There are 3 styles of class here. DPS, Healer, Tank. You have 8 slots. What would you roll an alt for if you can do two of the three roles with one character. If you ROLLED an alt you would have at least two different roles, OR you just have two of the same. You obviously are NOT going to roll two of the same role by your own admission, so the point is moot.

This game relies on you rolling alts. They encourage it. To see their all-so-mighty storyline. Why would they want to take about the only part of end game they have and ruin it with dual specs? I mean seriously it is not a hard go at all to level in this game. :rolleyes:

so what i got from that is if i can dps and heal on my merc BH i should never play a Sith Sorc at all...... which makes no sense since they play different from one another.

Right, so make people pay for the ability to have a 2nd spec... that sounds like a viable solution. Or have it as a legacy option. Who knows?

Speeders, quest travel time, all of that is just a time/cash sink that people expect to have - no complaints here.

So we agree that time and credits aren't hurting anyone, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.