So... BIOWARE why hasn't there been a valor rollback

Ciboro

This is coming from a Battlemaster imp, I was BM before the patch.

This has to be the worst patch in history of MMO gaming, and than you just tripled how bad it was by not shutting down the servers soon after people were reporting in mass all of the issues.

You clearly show your design and management incompetence when:

A. Rollback has yet to happen or be announced. (-20 MMO points)

B. Showing a clear favoritism to empire not only in design, animations, armor textures, and damage delays. Now it looks like the ones who abused it (empire) in 1.1, will not be getting their rollback. Clear Favoritism. Making a patch to force fighting but not fixing imbalance issues. Clear Favoritism. (-50 MMO points)

C. Making a world pvp map with large scale battles in mind on an engine that doesn't support over 15-20 vs 15-20. (-10 MMO points)

D. RNG bags and bugged RNG. People with 40+ bags and 2 pieces only of duplicate gear?

E. Most imbalance classes seen in an mmo at launch TO DATE. A 500 expertise tank getting killed in 3-4 seconds by a 45 operative? Shouldn't matter if it was a tank or any class for that matter, I have never played any mmo that failed that much. Everybody knows people like to see BIG numbers when it comes to a damage hit or healing hit, and people like fights that last a good amount of time. NO IT IS NOT JUST BIOCHEM.

(-20 MMO Points)

F. Still no rollback? Ive been writing this thread for over a couple hours, one tid-bit at a time. /fail.

G. Screwing up the que times just to satisfy the altaholics, and the slow levelers. Im not getting reports that the que times are not only 5x longer since the patch but reversed. As in republic are now waiting in que MUCH longer than imps... this could obviously be that most of the repubs were getting farmed on illum.. but still. (-10 MMO points)

E. Not listening to the community that relayed 80% of the present issues to you in BETA!.

(-20 MMO points)

Unfortunately, you can't get any positive points since everything that is good about this game was taken from other games.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the worst patch in history of MMO gaming, and than you just tripled how bad it was by not shutting down the servers soon after people were reporting in mass all of the issues.

B. Showing a clear favoritism to empire not only in design, animations, armor textures, and damage delays. Now it looks like the ones who abused it (empire) in 1.1, will not be getting their rollback. Clear Favoritism. Making a patch to force fighting but not fixing imbalance issues. Clear Favoritism. (-50 MMO points)

C. Making a world pvp map with large scale battles in mind on an engine that doesn't support over 15-20 vs 15-20. (-10 MMO points)

D. RNG bags and bugged RNG. People with 40+ bags and 2 pieces only of duplicate gear?

E. Most imbalance classes seen in an mmo at launch TO DATE. A 500 expertise tank getting killed in 3-4 seconds by a 45 operative? Shouldn't matter if it was a tank or any class for that matter, I have never played any mmo that failed that much. Everybody knows people like to see BIG numbers when it comes to a damage hit or healing hit, and people like fights that last a good amount of time. NO IT IS NOT JUST BIOCHEM.

(-20 MMO Points)

F. Still no rollback? Ive been writing this thread for over a couple hours, one tid-bit at a time. /fail.

G. Screwing up the que times just to satisfy the altaholics, and the slow levelers. Im not getting reports that the que times are not only 5x longer since the patch but reversed. As in republic are now waiting in que MUCH longer than imps... this could obviously be that most of the repubs were getting farmed on illum.. but still. (-10 MMO points)

E. Not listening to the community that relayed 80% of the present issues to you in BETA!.

(-20 MMO points)

Unfortunately, you can't get any positive points since everything that is good about this game was taken from other games.

yeah its sad really.... :(

Also Quests are much better on the Emperial Side. 60 Millions for the Empire, 20 for the Republic? It's just so depressing playing Republic atm. You get fu.cked over and over. We have a hard time finding Groups for heroic quests, hard time finding a group for flashpoints, we had a hard time in Warzones because of level difference (2/8 fifties on the republic side against 6/8 fifties on the imperial side), we have by far the uglier armors, we have horrible animations compared to the empire (projectile vs shock, scoundrel stun vs operative stun etc) and now this with the freaking valor.

I can't stand this atm, it's just ridiculous. The Underdogs should have advantage, not the fu.cking zerging faction.

Gogo, +100% Valor for the republic.

Edited by Teabaker

Show evidence someone gained extreme amounts of Valor, say over 100k, in one day and maybe they'd consider a Valor rollback. Right now I don't think anyone gained extreme amounts of Valor. The only exploiting that happened was the turret exploiting. It's all forum rumors and hysteria. Edited by Ayestes

Show evidence someone gained extreme amounts of Valor, say over 100k, in one day and maybe they'd consider a Valor rollback. Right now I don't think anyone gained extreme amounts of Valor. The only exploiting that happened was the turret exploiting. It's all forum rumors and hysteria.

We had a phantom in the Ruinous vent channel all day listening to their delusional guild leader. His zerg was camping IMP base all day/night and he never stopped crying they were out numbered 4 to 1. ... anyway I digress.

He repeatedly bragged about gaining 15 levels of valor exploiting the valor gains in mere hours, telling everyone to take advantage of exploit while they can.

Edited by ChuckThePug

MMO's are hard to get right and Bioware has very little exp with this type of game they gave it there best shot =(.

GW2 i wander if the grass is greener on that side lol. and can anyone tell me, it looks like it does but does GW2 have 1 sec GCD.... XD, i hate i hate i hate Rifts and SWTOR care bear 1.5sec GCD. if you say 0.5 sec ant a big deal your the care bear im talking about so **** idiot you just don't get it.

Show evidence someone gained extreme amounts of Valor, say over 100k, in one day and maybe they'd consider a Valor rollback. Right now I don't think anyone gained extreme amounts of Valor. The only exploiting that happened was the turret exploiting. It's all forum rumors and hysteria.

Agreed. I do not want a rollback. They have already mentioned that they will be looking into the individuals that received anything really rediculous and that's fine with me.

Rollback will damage all the melee classes that couldnt do anything on ilum personaly i was 1 hour there and couldnt even complete my ilum daily quest as melee. Also will dmg all those who played wz instead of il(ag)um (+20 troll points to u )

I am juggernaut and my animations are crap, they are extremely slow like your char is wielding a sledgehammer instead of lightsaber, not to mention 5 of them are jump high and smash the ground animation. If they open faction change, paid or free, i would swap to guardian in no time. (+50 troll points to u again)

Instanced pvp on ilum , like later city cieges on warhammer, will solve the lag and population balance problems.

Ok, i agree here too

(-20 MMO Points)

They should have added brackets since release... So they can clearly see what needs balance and nerf. They based on 50s criting lowbies with crap gear for their lvl, to make adjustments to biochem....Also, Biochem didnt need nerf. The rest useless professions need buff.

If they wanted to rollback, they should have at least warned us. If they rollback now, bb swtor.

The queues are bugged. My friend was playing next to me from internet cafe, he was in wz that was ready to finish cause of lack of players, while i was on same server , queued for 15min+ and didnt got invite to join. After i abandoned queue and re-queue, i got inv instantly.... Same bug like warhammer..

(-20 MMO points)

(-40 MMO points)

There will be NO ROLL BACK!

There was no exploit! It's called population imbalance and yesterday everyone got a taste of just how bad it is.

Just accept that the game you hoped this would be IS NOT the game that it is.

Agreed. I do not want a rollback. They have already mentioned that they will be looking into the individuals that received anything really rediculous and that's fine with me.

Congratulations, you are one of maybe 50 vs thousands that want the rollback. The rollback is completely needed and they should just give a free sub day added along with it since some people actually legitimately played yesterday.

Lets look at the best case scenario outcomes here:

No rollback= people will keep unsubbing the more the aftermath becomes apparent. People that have already unsubbed with not re-sub. Game will become free to play in a couple months with micro transactions

Rollback = sure a few will unsub, doesn't mean they will not come back. Sure there will be only a FEW rage posts complaining from someone stating they were "playing legit" yesterday. But you will get a lot of your income back from people re-subbing.

HINT: if you do NOT know how to rollback (to Bioware) then you shouldn't be running an MMO in the first place.

Congratulations, you are one of maybe 50 vs thousands that want the rollback. The rollback is completely needed and they should just give a free sub day added along with it since some people actually legitimately played yesterday.

Lets look at the best case scenario outcomes here:

No rollback= people will keep unsubbing the more the aftermath becomes apparent. People that have already unsubbed with not re-sub. Game will become free to play in a couple months with micro transactions

Rollback = sure a few will unsub, doesn't mean they will not come back. Sure there will be only a FEW rage posts complaining from someone stating they were "playing legit" yesterday. But you will get a lot of your income back from people re-subbing.

HINT: if you do NOT know how to rollback (to Bioware) then you shouldn't be running an MMO in the first place.

You're one of the 10 people who want a rollback.

Completely ignoring the fact Battlemaster title meant nothing before the patch, Unless you think they should roll you back to Valor Rank 0 because you got to spend the first month rolling over level 20's.

Sure that was skillfull as well.

It's too late. Something needed to be done immediately, but they were deer in the headlights.

I cancelled yesterday. This could take a long time for imbalanced factions to overcome and by then what's the point? A few repetitive WZs and a small boring pvp area to die in a constant stunlock. This just killed Tor's pvp population one billing cycle sooner

Edited by asdfgasdfasd

(-20 MMO Points)

(-20 MMO points)

yeah its sad really.... :(

He repeatedly bragged about gaining 15 levels of valor exploiting the valor gains in mere hours, telling everyone to take advantage of exploit while they can.

15 levels of Valor are incredibly easy to get in Warzones assuming it's a low Valor level. The lack of context, anecdotal claims, lack of evidence, and tendency for the forums to greatly exaggerate things makes all of this a simple case of forum hysteria. It's all misinformation with a bunch of people riled up about things they are misinformed about. If there were actual people that went from Rank 1 - 60 last night from just Ilum I'd be concerned and pissed off too, but I've seen nothing even close to that.

I was there in Ilum myself. On my own server, camping the Republic base. The turrets destroyed us every 10 minutes or so. I only gained about 10k Valor in 2 Hours. I fail to see how someone could suddenly be gaining Valor at a rate hundreds of times greater then mine.

I'd like to thank BW for this, it looks like you are weeding out the whinners and cry babies by calling their bluff on canceling subs. let'em cancel, thats not the kinda players we want to pvp against anyhow.

We want players who are loyal and can handle a few bugs glitches and exploits in the first month of the game. Who can survive nerfs and patch changes in the future. Not a bunch of gimme now carebears who can't dedicate the effort to earn anything.

Any significant gain should be rolled back.

Why a few get the bonus while the most don't?

Completely ignoring the fact Battlemaster title meant nothing before the patch, Unless you think they should roll you back to Valor Rank 0 because you got to spend the first month rolling over level 20's.

one of 10? More like your 1 of 10 who cannot count.

More like 10^100

I'd like to thank BW for this, it looks like you are weeding out the whinners and cry babies by calling their bluff on canceling subs. let'em cancel, thats not the kinda players we want to pvp against anyhow.

We want players who are loyal and can handle a few bugs glitches and exploits in the first month of the game. Who can survive nerfs and patch changes in the future. Not a bunch of gimme now carebears who can't dedicate the effort to earn anything.

corporate America loves sheep like you.

(-20 MMO Points)

Wich game are you playing ?

This is by far the best balanced class system EVER in an MMO, you can complain about all other points by here u shot yourself in the foot imho.

and clearly u havent played neither WoW, WaR,Lotro or Rift...

You can say that the title meant nothing 'til you're blue in the face, but to the people who got it legitimately, it meant many long nights of busting heads, to just see it given as charity to the already overpowered faction on each server (whether Republic or Imp).

It also gives you better commendations, and chances at Battlemaster Bags, which are pretty easy to come by, though subject to randomness. Even 100 fresh Battlemasters due to this "bug", which was a result of horrible testing and complete indifference towards what the players had already warned the company of, are too many.

It's spitting in the face of everyone who worked to get it.

Get real bro. You are either an imperial, under level 50 or some kid who plays 16 hours a day to give your empty life meaning through a video game.

The average republic lvl 50 player just got put months behind because we will still be working on champ gear through the god awful system while imps are picking up battlemasters which in turn makes the 50 bracket much harder to win putting us behind even further.

As the game stand 1 hour of imperial playtime is worth 5-10 republic hours in terms of pvp gear.

The only reason I didn't cancel immediately is because I am in a guild which is capable of raiding regularly so I can see some progression without pvp.

Get real bro. You are either an imperial, under level 50 or some kid who plays 16 hours a day to give your empty life meaning through a video game.

The average republic lvl 50 player just got put months behind because we will still be working on champ gear through the god awful system while imps are picking up battlemasters which in turn makes the 50 bracket much harder to win putting us behind even further.

As the game stand 1 hour of imperial playtime is worth 5-10 republic hours in terms of pvp gear.

The only reason I didn't cancel immediately is because I am in a guild which is capable of raiding regularly so I can see some progression without pvp.

It doesn't just invalidate the work that Republic players put in, but also Imperials.

And getting farmed happens in games. It's the sheer incompetence and sloth-like response that has done it for our guild. Issues like ability delay and quests not working, not abandoning quests is annoying to say the least, but game changers like this need fast responses. 24 hours is pathetic for an MMO. EvE and WAR monitor their servers real-time and bring them down and intervene as necessary. Bioware Austin is going the opposite route, and turtling and weathering the storm.

I stuck with WAR for five months , heck even DDO got me for four months. TOR got me for one. Yes, I am annoyed by the fact that Imperials got a moderate to significant boost of valor gain, but it took Bioware 13 hours to even acknowledge the issue of being camped and unable to leave, which is totally unacceptable in my mind, because it ruins the play of others- And no, I didn't get farmed. I remotely logged in and moved my character once Skrigg's live feed came up.

I am glad that Austin will not have a hand in ME3, so at the very least, I can have some hope.