Ilum and the hatred spewing

Drazzat

Bannings should not happen, rollbacks should.

They gave too high a reward for kills when they *KNEW* that all servers were unbalanced in massive favor of the Empire. Their incredibly poor foresight rewarded ****** behavior/gameplay in a way nothing else in the game did. There was no breaking of the game that wasn't done by Bioware.

If Rollbacks don't happen, the game will be permanently unbalanced until valor cap is raised.

Until then, quite a few people (the people who already have the gear without grinding for it) will have less and less reason to PvP meaning longer queues, more losses to those who abused it and stuck around, and eventually less interest altogether. It's not like PvP is the bees knees as is...if you're constantly losing on top of that, welps...

Rollbacks and a free day or two should happen.

Remember that golden age, when a new game would come out and if the devs ****ed something up badly enough we would get free days? Especially if they took something away from us? Yeah. It was a nice gesture, almost like an apology and a promise to move forward.

Hey, Bioware...I like you.

I do. You've made some great games in the past, and your handling of the Star Wars universe is usually great. You've done some good stuff story-wise and aside from some bugs and UI/camera issues, I like the game...but you need to get the **** rid of the Warhammer designers.

Or at least...at LEAST...hire some high end PvPers and PvEers from other games for consulting. My entire guild was staring at the coming patch notes wondering, "Why? Do they not see what's going to happen? Did they not talk to anyone about this? REMEMBER WINTERGRASP?!" No, seriously. *Seriously* It was painfully obvious, and my faith in you for not even CONSIDERING this outcome is shaken. This is rookie ****, I expect more from a dev like you.

Edit: I'm Imperial. I gained a lot of valor. And I want a rollback. I'm Degren of Friends and Pals, and I make Datacron videos. I try not to use the forums too much, but felt inclined as this is pretty serious.

Edited by Drazzat

Troll thread, close it down.

so now all imps tag all complains about ilum as troll, because let's face is 99% of the servers are imps 10:1 rep so they benefit heavy from this ilum wonderful fix, nice, kids are happy game is working fine.

troll thread? Are you serious?

The result of this patch is obvious. Empire players are able to do their dailly and weekly quests in ilum with ease and can then farm valor there as they have a MASSIVE numerical advantage where as republic players are having to spendall their time inside a base looking out a mass of red players hoping they don't get pulled into them and killed.

I do not complain and I do like this game alot, but when you see ilum from the republics point of view I can understand why I'm now on skype with our gm and he's talking about quitting :/

Smth needs to be done, even an admission of a mistake I would be fine with as I know then there is a fix on the way.

Edited by Waizer

Heh, I'm actually Imp. I brought my 50 there and got 3 valor levels, then brought my 19 there thinking it would be funny to get 60 Valor on him before he reached level 20. I gave up after a while...did get rank 17 though. Y'know...from rank 1. In an hour.

Actually they should hand out bans for excessive Ilum-abuse, regardless if it was empire or republic since it was a plain bug abuse. It doesn´t matter that bioware could have forseen it because everybody knew it was just a ****ed up way to gain valor. I even see some guys complaining about 'boring' gameplay in Ilum - hell you could´ve easily made it fair by leaving the spawn zone and let people group up for some nice pvp.

But as the majority had its share of profit i guess there won´t be bans and eventually even no rollbacks if they continue to wait.

So yes to your proposition.

Edited by Gohr-

I don´t think camp spawn was intended. It was still a massive abuse of game mechanics, even if they were screwed up to begin with. You should think that was obvious for anyone. PvP is player-made (Player vs Player) but it seems that you have to take everyone by the hand to show them what to do.

gotta love how all the exploiters say it wasnt our fault, they let us do it... you cant blame us. Typical teen behavior, never take responsibility for anything th ey do.

Roll back ALL chars no matter who it is, only way to be sure you gety them all. its only a days play, your not going to be scared by it. Nothing in your life will change because of it.

People seem to be confused here, this si EA, an EA are NOT MMO makers, they have no experience in MMOs other than what can laughingly be called a joke.The only way an i do mean only way they would change everything is is 100s of thousands of players quit on mass, an that did not an will not happen. No-one quit over this. Nor will anyone quit over it. Sadly I even resubbed today, to play with my real life friend.

gotta love how all the exploiters say it wasnt our fault, they let us do it... you cant blame us. Typical teen behavior, never take responsibility for anything th ey do.

Roll back ALL chars no matter who it is, only way to be sure you gety them all. its only a days play, your not going to be scared by it. Nothing in your life will change because of it.

People seem to be confused here, this si EA, an EA are NOT MMO makers, they have no experience in MMOs other than what can laughingly be called a joke.The only way an i do mean only way they would change everything is is 100s of thousands of players quit on mass, an that did not an will not happen. No-one quit over this. Nor will anyone quit over it. Sadly I even resubbed today, to play with my real life friend.

So on the one hand you say it's exploiting (its not, learn what that is) then attempt to attack my age (I'm 28)...then you agree with me? Whatever, I'll take it.

Personally, it was a bad design and choice by BioWare/EA and not abuse. Players cannot be banned or blamed for being opportunistic in their *use* of a horrid design, that completely lacked the forethought that was very much needed.

Having said this, and hearing about what we already saw as the inevitable result of this patch, many of my guild have chosen to reroll Republic and hope for a rollback.

For those that choose the path of *cry more* or a lesser skilled QQ maneuver, you all obviously do not wish the game to last. Many players have already plateaued their characters in the matter of hours , the Valor leveling process was meant to take much longer, I'm sure. How long do you think the game will last when so many no longer login due to all achievements practically being handed to them?

Many players have already plateaued their characters in the matter of hours , the Valor leveling process was meant to take much longer, I'm sure. How long do you think the game will last when so many no longer login due to all achievements practically being handed to them?

So it was an abuse of game mechanic not intended. And now they complain? It´s like pissing on the floor and saying it´s dirty but nobody told me not to so it can´t be my fault.

Greetings everyone,

We know that the subject of PvP on Ilum is a hot topic right now and players have a lot to say. To keep this discussion focused we are asking everyone to give their feedback in one thread, found below:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=197991

Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez addressed the specific issue of valor in his post:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

We will be closing this thread now. Please feel free to continue the discussion in the "Update on Ilum Open World PvP Issues" thread

Thank you for helping us keep these forums a little better organized. We appreciate your patience!