Range sin?

BadNewzzz

Hello i have a lvl 50 deception sin and for every day it feel more and more useless, All bosses do AoE that only affect melee that stay close. And it is so easy to get away from me in PVP since my range is so limit.

So my question is would switching to Madness or darkness unlock any more 30m skills?

Madness has two abilities that are 30m that I can think of off the top of my head. I've also found most fights require a ton of movement and find I am at least DPSing more often as madness than deception though I can only guess at the damage between the two specs with no combat log.

To be honest, if you want range, re-roll. You will not be a viable assassin dps at range in PvE no matter what spec you go. Sure, there my be a few more ranged abilities in other specs, but trying to stay at range and cap dps as a Sin is not going to happen, you will be hurting the group by trying to do this.

As a sin if im not actively in range to dps im checking cooldowns and triggers as I get close, and I'll pop my relic or overcharge saber, recklessness things like that as I get back in range. Force Speed is your friend when getting back into the fight when you get knockback. If you are about to die, run away.... force cloak and back off, you are more helpful if you stay away until you get healed then dead on the floor, I tend to pop Mass Mind Control before I do this as well, since Im going to drop threat anyway by Cloaking.

Edited by Midnight_Malice

Hello i have a lvl 50 deception sin and for every day it feel more and more useless, All bosses do AoE that only affect melee that stay close. And it is so easy to get away from me in PVP since my range is so limit.

So my question is would switching to Madness or darkness unlock any more 30m skills?

Sorc was what you should have picked at level 10.

You can: pay attention and move out of avoidable pbaoe, interrupt it or anticipate it and use FL with Reck during it, or immune it with cloak

Or

Level up a ranged class.

I tend to pop Mass Mind Control before I do this as well, since Im going to drop threat anyway by Cloaking.

Why pop it then? If you're taking aggro off the tank then dropping the aggro it just means he has to work at picking up that aggro again.