Time to nerf heroic 4 quests?

keano

It's impossible to do them on my server now, on Voss and now Corellia there was rarely more than 10 people in the zone and I'm expected to get almost half of them to do this quest?

I think pretty much everyone on this server has given up on them.

This is a common problem in most MMO's once the majority of players have out levelled these quests and the lowbie zone's have turned into ghost towns.

I suggest they're all tuned into heroic 2 quests.

It is quite worrying how quickly this has happened, a month into the launch and there's not enough people to do the lower level heroic quests, it's probably just a problem on the lower population servers but still.

It's impossible to do them on my server now, on Voss and now Corellia there was rarely more than 10 people in the zone and I'm expected to get almost half of them to do this quest?

This is a common problem in most MMO's once the majority of players have out levelled these quests and the lowbie zone's have turned into ghost towns.

why does no one put their server in the message on these posts? is it because we can look at the server status list and see the population?

There's no problem on my server since every planet or zone has 130+ in it it seems at all times, but do you guys want the 2 hour queues we have or find 3 people for a quest? Just asking, not being sarcastic.

That hardly tells anything because even when some servers are showing 'high', lower level zones still have very few people because just like other MMOS SWTOR is getting top heavy.

So only choice is to invite a high lvl guildie to complete quest and get no xp or just skip the heroics and still get no xp.

Try to find a partner that fits with your current role. Healer if you're tank, tank if you're healer (respec to either if you're DPS!).

That way, you just duo all the HC4s and they become quite fun and sometimes challenging.

heroic quests are optional.

you want more quests then ask for more quests

People QQing about SWTOR being a single player game and here we have someone asking for group content to be made single player.

I am enjoying doing the heroic 4 mans with a couple of friends on a new toon.

I enjoyed running through the single player content with my lvl 50 without grouping or anything

This aspect of the game is fine. There is plenty to do for the single player without destroying group content

Edited by corbanite

They buddy I usually play with and I have two-manned every 4-man heroic. It's not impossible (and many of them aren't even hard).

But even so, I think asking Bioware to essentially remove content for players who want to group for them is awfully selfish. Maybe you should change servers, rather than ask for Bioware to remove content for everyone else.

Edited by imtrick

heroic quests are optional.

you want more quests then ask for more quests

People QQing about SWTOR being a single player game and here we have someone asking for group content to be made single player.

I am enjoying doing the heroic 4 mans with a couple of friends on a new toon.

I enjoyed running through the single player content with my lvl 50 without grouping or anything

This aspect of the game is fine. There is plenty to do for the single player without destroying group content

Did you even read? the problem is due to lack of players in zones and not because OP like to play SWTOR as a single player game.

You guys get so emotional while defending every aspect of the game that you don't even bother to read properly before you start punching the keyboard.

Did you even read? the problem is due to lack of players in zones and not because OP like to play SWTOR as a single player game.

You guys get so emotional while defending every aspect of the game that you don't even bother to read properly before you start punching the keyboard.

Did you read?

Because OP is having problems does not mean everyone on his server is having problems.

There is enougth content for him to lvl to 50 completely solo.

A change such as this would affect all servers not just his.

nerfing heroic 4's would be a mistake

Completely agree. It's just a natural progression of an MMO to become top heavy over time. This has nothing to do with the state of the game, or the people forming groups, or wanting the game to become "single player" or any of the other meaningless arguments without any reasoning behind them that seem oh so popular on this forum. It is simply inevitable that the average level rises and getting groups for leveling content becomes much more difficult.

Personally I just skip them and it's not really an issue, a space mission or a pvp match will fix the xp lost easily, and the gear is hardly necessary. But it is still a shame that there is content that we are not seeing.

Did you read?

Because OP is having problems does not mean everyone on his server is having problems.

There is enougth content for him to lvl to 50 completely solo.

A change such as this would affect all servers not just his.

nerfing heroic 4's would be a mistake

I did read that is why i didn't blame him for anything. You on the other hand just assumed that he is asking for more single player content when problem is due to lack of players itself.

And of course he will talk according to his experience on his server. Unless you want everyone to roll a character on 100+ server every time they want to talk about an issue?

They don't need to nerf the quests, what they need to do is merge some servers, because that's really the core of the problem: too many servers. Every new MMO keeps making the same mistake, they have too high expectations for their game, they think the whole world is coming to play it. Another root of the problem is that they gave in to queue whiners on launch day. Now some of these whiners are flaming people on low pop servers for playing in them when it was themselves who demanded more servers to be opened.

Completely agree. It's just a natural progression of an MMO to become top heavy over time. This has nothing to do with the state of the game, or the people forming groups, or wanting the game to become "single player" or any of the other meaningless arguments without any reasoning behind them that seem oh so popular on this forum. It is simply inevitable that the average level rises and getting groups for leveling content becomes much more difficult.

Personally I just skip them and it's not really an issue, a space mission or a pvp match will fix the xp lost easily, and the gear is hardly necessary. But it is still a shame that there is content that we are not seeing.

Stopped doing Heroic 4's before I left Balmora; just not worth it. 13 people in the zone = very hard to get 4 together that have not completed the quest.

Our republic fleet area averages 35 people during peak times....

Some servers need to be merged asap!

They don't need to nerf the quests, what they need to do is merge some servers, because that's really the core of the problem: too many servers. Every new MMO keeps making the same mistake, they have too high expectations for their game, they think the whole world is coming to play it. Another root of the problem is that they gave in to queue whiners on launch day. Now some of these whiners are flaming people on low pop servers for playing in them when it was themselves who demanded more servers to be opened.

Wrong.

It has to do with experience of server lag and instability from massive influx of people into the game on day 1. Eventually people stop spending every waking day of christmas playing their shiny new game and online player counts taper off. Maybe nobody else noticed that nearly every server down the list was "High" or "Full" Population?

As for heroic 4 man, leave them alone. I have done every one and still do every one on alts. The OP'ers issue is their own. To me this is essentially like saying "Nerf flash points because I can't find friends". If you can't do it, skip it.

Edited by RevenantBob

I think they need to add "Heroic 4+" Shards that turn all the mobs that aren't already Gold or higher into Gold mobs. That way, you can get a group and do all the content together as a group and not be bored (or as bored). It's fun doing the heroic stuff in a party, but when it's just run in and hit an AoE, it gets a little dull. This game would be a lot more fun if you could level through out an entire area together and be challenged by the entire zone.

Wrong.

It has to do with experience of server lag and instability from massive influx of people into the game on day 1. Eventually people stop spending every waking day of christmas playing their shiny new game and online player counts taper off. Maybe nobody else noticed that nearly every server down the list was "High" or "Full" Population?

Erm...what? That was my point all along. And Bioware gave in to these demans to open more servers even though we all knew what was going to happen once the holidays were over. If they can listen to those whiners why can't they listen to us who are asking for server merges?

Erm...what? That was my point all along. And Bioware gave in to these demans to open more servers even though we all knew what was going to happen once the holidays were over. If they can listen to those whiners why can't they listen to us who are asking for server merges?

Those are needed too and they would temporarily alleviate the problem, but I can guarantee it will only be temporary. If you go to anything but the highest level zones even in a high population WoW server today, you will be there virtually alone, you can run around questing for hours and not see any other players. It's because everyone is max level already and only a few alts are running around the actual world leveling. ToR is a little more alt friendly with the story aspect so it might happen slower, but it will happen.

I like the fact you are suggesting what I've seen Blizzard do with its old content, making it single player so the people leveling dont have to skip it to see it.

Says so much about the game.

Yea, if they make things easier to do alone and dumb this game down. I leave. Period. I don't play WoW anymore for a reason. It's a steaming pile of care bear filth now.