Faction Balanace: The Solution

TryuneJMT

Empire would have to camp two spawns instead of one.

Lol'd.

This, but there is no solution. The entire game is skewed to the sith.

Republic gains 50k more players, Sith gained 300k people.

Then there comes the debate of how many people actually would pvp on the Republic side

I really don't want to see this, no matter the reason.

One of the really fun things with Warzones for me is that you come up against some of the people you have seen before. Which on my server is a pleasant thing, since there's no language barrier between the two factions which allow for some friendly banter while people try to smash eachothers faces in.

Should just declare victory for the Empire, make all the republic players empire converts, and run this game as a one faction game.

Bring back the republic in a later expansion when they figure out how actually run a game with 2 factions.

Should just declare victory for the Empire, make all the republic players empire converts, and run this game as a one faction game.

Bring back the republic in a later expansion when they figure out how actually run a game with 2 factions.

This is the true solution.

Lol'd.

This, but there is no solution. The entire game is skewed to the sith.

Republic gains 50k more players, Sith gained 300k people.

Then there comes the debate of how many people actually would pvp on the Republic side

There is nothing BioWare can do to prevent this either. Fact is, people like being the Sith. The bad guy.

Despite the classes being pretty much 100% mirrored of each other, people still like shooting lightning and choking people.

Realm vs. Realm.

Add a fringe faction BioWare, just saying :cool:

Three realms never stopped a faction imbalance. All it did was make two small factions and one big faction.

Nothing ever stops faction imbalance. It is just a fact. I am not surprised at the popularity of Empire... You get to play Jedi/republic/rebel in EVERY STAR WARS GAME.

Also to note is Server imbalance does not necessarily equal Lvl 50 imbalance. Either way what needs to be made is something that incentivize guilds like say.. guild conquerable planets and such.

PvP has to be incentivized and i am sorry but organized players beat pugs.

There is nothing BioWare can do to prevent this either. Fact is, people like being the Sith. The bad guy.

Despite the classes being pretty much 100% mirrored of each other, people still like shooting lightning and choking people.

This is also true.

The Republic animations, gear, and to some extent, voice acting is all sub par.

Instead of throwing trucks at people, sages throw pebbles and wrenches.

Well, if you look into it and want to have serious pvp, you have to choose sith because their classes animations fire off faster.

Sage vs Sorc always have the debate of lightning vs project. One hits instant, the other has a 2 second delay

instead of confronting enemies, judging and executing prisoners, and torturing slaves like the sith do right from the start, jedi get to tattle on their peers, break up romances, and not have sex with hot twileks because it would be bad

yep no way bioware could have seen this coming

Edited by bicuspid

It's why I like instanced pvp. Zerg fighting isn't really a show of talent as much as a show of numbers. Biggest zerg wins is pretty fail imo.

World PVP only works with neutral playerbase.

DAOC pvp wasnt really world pvp, it was just giant instance pvp.

The solution is actually really simple, it may not be very star warsy to do, but simply get rid of the faction vs faction and unify them into one. Warzones are just people at random to make 2 teams, Then you make ilum a free for all zone with 10-20 random spawn points so that when you zone in with yourself or your group you spawn at 2, while the next group spawns at 14 etc....then go at it. Cap group size at 4 anyone not in your group is fair game :p Make the flip points something your entire group needs to click on for 10 seconds to get 1 application of the buff with a 5 minute timer before you can use the same point again.

GG too eze, *****torm is now a sunny day :p

For one reason or another the majority of people look to rolled Empire over Republic. I'm not sure why that is Bioware's fault.

Neither of the sides was ever promoted as the de facto PvP faction.

Maybe the hardcore PvP crowds will all rolled Empire just think it's fun to play the evil side or thought that Empire = PvP faction.

You would have to ask them but I never Empire as being PvP half of this game.

Listen I'll put it as bluntly as possible. Every single MMO the last 5-6 years that has released has been good-two-shoes dominated. From WAR to Rift, I think alot of people (me included) were tired of always rolling the losing side in a 2 faction MMO, I have always played the bad side in WoW, WAR, and Rift and this is the first MMO that I can recall where there was a somewhat Biased opinion from the Devs to the Community that "this time, the bad side will prevail" AND I am so freaking happy that I finally got it right.

Its been 7+ years through 4 games that I rolled the underpopulated side so let me bask in this glory a while before you start the proberbial whining.

simple solution is to make an area like Illum for example and make it a neutral pvp ground where when you go there you are automaticaly added to team A or B which will be balanced and mixed so you get raw balanced pvp , alright it not what we realy wanted but miles better than what we got now

There are some ways of dealing with faction imbalance, but they won't be popular with the overpopulated side...

You could use one or more of the following options:

1. Give the underpopulated side valor bonuses. Say if they are outnumbered by 2:1, multiply the valor generated by two as well. If 3:1 then multiply 3 etc.

2. Reduce valor gain by similar ratios for the overpopulated side.

3. Cap the number of people from any one side in Ilum. This would mean queues for the overpopulated side but would endure balance.

4. Increase things like pve damage, xp and loot for the underpopulated side.

5. Add "cooler" things to the overall underpopulated side in the game. Think yodas' species, wookies, jawas etc.

The same thing happened in Warhammer people surprise surprise... CHAOS had a HUUUUGE population over the Order players simply because they were cooler; c'mon Chosen or Knight of the blazing sun? jesus it's not hard to tell the art direction for the good teams these guys make is just horrible.

Look at this game EVERYTHING COOL is darkside even darkside points on the lightside make your character look cooler. jesus everyone is sith because it is simply wayyyy cooler looking endgame armor and looks. Plain and simple, pretty sad every single sith inquistor / warrior type is decked in uber black armor of awesome and every jedi is in *********** hobo clothes from lvl 10-50

Edited by BranRizzy