What Republic Player Will Continue Playing?

Nostiator

I'm a Republic player and I just wanted to know that I will be canceling my sub if they do not roll back the servers. It has nothing to do with crying but to take a bad situation and make it worse I see no reason to continue. After this cluster "bad word here" how could a Republic player continue playing knowing that just about on every server the Empire has 60 Rank in Valor and Battle-master gear? They will always be one step ahead of you and you will continue to get your butts handed to you in PvP and Warzones or anything in the future. You have to understand that the future in this game was decided in 1.1 and if there is no roll back anyone with half a brain on the Republic who enjoys Pvp cannot go forward in the game. 29 days later GG! Edited by Nostiator

The valor isn't what bothers me.

BioWare and a lot of players have debated "population" problems a lot but thanks to all the videos we saw today there is undenyable proof that this game can't survive. Empire dominates 90% of the population and even if BioWare offers massive rewards for people to play Republic characters it still won't be enough.

6 months from now they will probably remove all of the Republic characters and make this a one faction game.

I can live with the valor gained for today, the issue that is the bigger concern is BWs apparent complete lack of interest in attempting to build a balanced faction. Without that there will never be meaningful world PvP. So it is either get fed upon by the other side, join them or quit.

BioWare and a lot of players have debated "population" problems a lot but thanks to all the videos we saw today there is undenyable proof that this game can't survive. Empire dominates 90% of the population and even if BioWare offers massive rewards for people to play Republic characters it still won't be enough.

6 months from now they will probably remove all of the Republic characters and make this a one faction game.

Thanks for the reply I don't understand why things weren't balanced from the start. I also think that early access didn't help either with people exploiting the warzone system. I have to agree with you too I don't see this game making it either the last resort will be one big faction.

Edited by Nostiator

but they did fix it, by putting a player cap on the zone. You don't think it will be a shared total between factions do you? There will be a seperate "per team" cap.

Essentially they turned Ilum into a very large warzone, complete with queue. Set the per team limit low enough and it doesn't matter if one side is outnumbered 100:1 overall. It just means a bunch of the "big" faction don't get to play, thus a large portion of subscribers, leading the dev team to undervalue the "matches" to not penalize people who can't get in.

It won't kill the faction, it'll just kill ilum as a PvP zone.

I disagree. Depends on how MASSIVE the rewards would be.

Personally I would settle for 5x the leveling speed. Just a flat 5x XP modifier from all sources. Compared to current 2x when rested.

I don't mind rerolling, I can understand them not wanting to let me just switch sides on existing character because infrastructure for such a move isn't there yet. But I'll not be leveling 1-50 at a normal pace with a class I already leveled once just for the story's sake.

Give me a 5x modifier, and I'll reroll. Heck, even a 10x modifier wouldn't be out of place, it should just be optional, like a consummable. So that if you want to go slow and do all the quests, you still can.

EDIT: With 10x XP consummable, you could theoretically level JUST by doing your class quests. Which would be ideal - you get the story, and still sink some time, without boring side quests.

Another incentive would be for a week after hitting level 50, you get 3x more valor. Again as a consummable. Not only would you level quick, level 50 in approximately 2-3 days played, but also gear up quick when you get there.

With incentives like that, I can totally see the game population evening out in 3 months or less. Because let me tell you, Imps are getting sick and tired of Imp on Imp violence in Huttball.

Edited by Sabbathius

but they did fix it, by putting a player cap on the zone. You don't think it will be a shared total between factions do you? There will be a seperate "per team" cap.

Essentially they turned Ilum into a very large warzone, complete with queue. Set the per team limit low enough and it doesn't matter if one side is outnumbered 100:1 overall. It just means a bunch of the "big" faction don't get to play, thus a large portion of subscribers, leading the dev team to undervalue the "matches" to not penalize people who can't get in.

It won't kill the faction, it'll just kill ilum as a PvP zone.

That doesn't solve anything.

The fact Imperials can play Huttball matches all day long feed the population problems too.

I was being rather vague but I can list 100,000 different legitimate balance problems this game has.

And putting a cap on a OPEN PVP world is a very bad idea. Huge battles are always really fun and now we know that we'll never have them.

I don't care about valor. As long as I keep playing pvp, win or lose I will get valor and commendation and catch up at some point. I only cared about the fact that there is no more pvp for me (lvl 50) on my server since there's not enough rep. lvl 50s on server. Even then half of them don't play pvp. A whole day wait and no queue.

I have unsubscribed it already and I don't think I will be coming back unless there's a change in pvp structure, such as cross servers pvp or make bracket from 50 only to like 41-50, etc.

I don't care about the valor myself.. Then again, there isn't any republic to farm on my server for it to have caused an issue.

I am fully confident in my champion gear vs a battlemaster geared player. If I lose, oh well.. Rez up, buff up, find that player and go at it again! If/when I die again.. REPEAT!

Sadly, I don't even get that chance as a Republic player. I think they may have forgot to put in the warzones for level 50 players on my server. I don't even see the warfront map list/ back story when I open the menu to queue up.

I disagree. Depends on how MASSIVE the rewards would be.

Personally I would settle for 5x the leveling speed. Just a flat 5x XP modifier from all sources. Compared to current 2x when rested.

I don't mind rerolling, I can understand them not wanting to let me just switch sides on existing character because infrastructure for such a move isn't there yet. But I'll not be leveling 1-50 at a normal pace with a class I already leveled once just for the story's sake.

Give me a 5x modifier, and I'll reroll. Heck, even a 10x modifier wouldn't be out of place, it should just be optional, like a consummable. So that if you want to go slow and do all the quests, you still can.

EDIT: With 10x XP consummable, you could theoretically level JUST by doing your class quests. Which would be ideal - you get the story, and still sink some time, without boring side quests.

Another incentive would be for a week after hitting level 50, you get 3x more valor. Again as a consummable. Not only would you level quick, level 50 in approximately 2-3 days played, but also gear up quick when you get there.

With incentives like that, I can totally see the game population evening out in 3 months or less. Because let me tell you, Imps are getting sick and tired of Imp on Imp violence in Huttball.

Good ideas... I honestly think those are good ideas.

I don't see them actually working though.

DAoC had population problems but they had three factions so it didn't seem too bad. In a game where you have only two factions... It is totally unbearable.

They didn't put a cap on the zone, they said the "lowered" the cap. We have no clue what it was lowered to or if it is shared between both sides or not. The perfect way of doing it would be different caps, which would increase provided the numbers remained balanced.

That doesn't solve anything.

The fact Imperials can play Huttball matches all day long feed the population problems too.

I was being rather vague but I can list 100,000 different legitimate balance problems this game has.

And putting a cap on a OPEN PVP world is a very bad idea. Huge battles are always really fun and now we know that we'll never have them.

They didn't put a cap on open PvP, ilum isn't open PvP anymore. Open PvP is no longer a thing they do. You can if you want to, there are contested zones near each other in several places, but BioWare has essentially thrown in the towel for now.

BioWare won't force players to one side or the other, they will simply have to design around the playerbase by making most faction competitive things instanced and player capped if there are rewards involved.

For me, it's the lack of responsiveness to their players. I expect bugs and patch mistakes with a new mmo, I'm not naive. It would be nice if BW/Mythic could admit they made a mistake, or acknowledge an issue within a timely matter. With the amount of money and funding this game has you think they could hire competent people.