For all the people overtly negative to this game...

DarthMeerkat

Because it's the only way to effect positive change in this game.

"Because it's the only way to effect the change I want." is what you should have said.

Screaming at the devs to fix bugs they are already aware of does nothing but bury other minor issues that need fixing.

And what did you learn?

Because it sure as hell wasn't that all MMO's launch with bugs.

You plan on making MMOs? So tell me do you also plan on making a time machine so you can go into the future, get your mmo polished 2.4 codes, then implement them into your 1.0 launch version?

I'm guessing he learned to listen to the playerbase in beta. That's all that it would have taken to make this game a massive, ongoing success.

But they didn't listen. I'm betting this guy will. He seems very rational and well spoken and doesn't go off talking about time machines and other nonsense.

Good luck, JediMasterShake.

Edited by monjiay

And what did you learn?

Because it sure as hell wasn't that all MMO's launch with bugs.

You plan on making MMOs? So tell me do you also plan on making a time machine so you can go into the future, get your mmo polished 2.4 codes, then implement them into your 1.0 launch version?

I learned quite a bit. I've been through a few MMO launches but hadn't really immersed myself in one. In any case, not sure what you mean about the codes.

Why are you still posting in a game forum (That I assume in two days) you will no longer be playing?

As a matter of fact if this game is so terrible and not worth your time why are you posting here?

Do you think people care that you are canceling your subs over Illum?

Do you hope to turn people away from this game somehow?

Are you fans of other games and just hope for this one to fail?

or all of the above?

I can honestly understand that occasional complaining about major bugs such as the whole Illum thing but when you seem to had the game for what it is why continue to complain about it?

Because deep down inside people are sadists we love to see things fail especially if it was a product we bought and wanted to succeed. Yeah sure we want the game to change into something better, but we realize that won't happen. I've seen this happen all to often,

Aoc, APB, WHO, Mortal online, Xyson, DFO....but people who know the what will happen to the game are trolls according to the fanbois.

"Because it's the only way to effect the change I want." is what you should have said.

Screaming at the devs to fix bugs they are already aware of does nothing but bury other minor issues that need fixing.

Really? Before the forum was screaming about highres textures, AA and ability delay Bioware ignored the issue when some people brought it up but when the forums all started screaming about it and game site started writing about it Bioware finally decided to just acknowledge the problem.

QFT :)

Also, there is somehow a strange sense of rage developing among people who spent time and money on something that turned into a disaster of mmo-epic proportions!

But dont worry, we will be gone tomorow. You're almost done with your prevention threads, just hang on a little longer, and we will be out of your hair.

So the game continues without you but is an epic disaster? Interesting.

No it doesn't... (well I would hope it doesn't)... I would imagine it motivates them to prioritize bugs like the ability delay bug which they've known about since Beta and haven't even given us an update on.. seriously how is that acceptable to you? Just because you play a class that doesn't experience it doesn't mean it's consequences aren't negatively affecting your game. It's causing players to leave left and right.

Edited by Taurusaud

Aoc, APB, WHO, Mortal online, Xyson, DFO....but people who know the what will happen to the game are trolls according to the fanbois.

You don't know what will happen though because TOR is not were near as broken and unfinished as any of those with the long shot of just maybe AOC, and I am being generous.

I think most of you are just looking for any reason to complain. I just laugh at these people so much because you're leaving for all these stated reasons yet you have a hard time finding the "cancel my subscription" button which took me all of 20 seconds to find. Bon voyage there mate this is your stop then, as for me I have a 6 month boarding pass to enjoy. Too much money has been put into this game for it to sink. We'll be seeing ya on the other side or maybe we won't will we. All aboard the RMS ToR!

Because as someone who works developing websites as a part time job/hobby, I know that one mess up in coding can spell disaster.

Yea but then you fix it as soon as possible. I write games for iPhone/Android and when bugs surface I need to fix them immediately because it hits my bottom line. If (in the case of Android) I can't fix the issue due to the user's phone model I need to communicate with them and apologize and assure them that there is no available fix for their phone at the present time. You don't just completely ignore bugs like Bioware has been doing for months!

Edited by Taurusaud

You don't know what will happen though because TOR is not were near as broken and unfinished as any of those with the long shot of just maybe AOC, and I am being generous.

Honestly despite some of them being more buggy than Tor, I enjoyed them far more than this game. Dfo being my most favorite and I am debating going back even though it has it's glaring problems.

Mortal online was a scam, but its getting pretty good updates. Xyson was a guy's dream he is still working on it and its getting better. Aoc was fun for a while until you realise there was no endgame, although it still had more to do then this game, plus very pretty graphics and a nice combat system.

WHO was just horrible, but had cool things like taking over PVP territories.

Apb was fun, but too many hackers and no real substance other than customization and RTW crashing and burning.

pfft SWTOR is Age of Conan 2.0 its got the exact same issues and BW is handling them the exact same way.

Deleting forum posts, patching in more bugs, broken endgame. Ability delay is the same as the female character animation error in AoC, exploitable crafting, exploitable seiges.

The funny thing is AoC was actually fixed to be a really good game, its just hardly anyone stayed to play it, which will probably happen with this game too.