"Pre-Ilum Battlemasters" Lost, but never forgotten!

Rancorzealot

It's not like battlemaster took anything more than time anyway. This was an inevitability. Besides, I only wore battlemaster when I was one of like 5 on the server. Then it was back to party time.

It was nice while it lasted :p.

AFK till march and rated bgs with more exclusive rewards :p.

Edited by Lina_Inverse

We worked hard to get the tag and perks that go along with it. Now anyone that likes to glitch/exploit can get it today..

...and it's not really going to have much of a negative effect on you, other than the fact that your opponents in Huttball might be just as geared as you. Oh damn, a fairer fight? What kind of a PvPer wants that? It's the end of the world.

Yeah, I agree it's lame, but all of the "the-sky-is-falling-I'm-cancelling-my-subscription" QQers have really killed any sort of sympathy I had. It's a huge overreaction.

We worked hard to get the tag and perks that go along with it. Now anyone that likes to glitch/exploit can get it today..

It's not really "work", and it's not really "hard". It's a long, tedious and boring grind - yes, I'll give you that much.

And ultimately it is meaningless. Think three or four MMOs back, think of your titles or achievements or whatever in that game. Do they still have any meaning to you at all NOW?

Yes, it sucks that Bioware did what they did. What sucks worse is the way they handled the public relations. And what sucks worst of all is that they did it the day before subs renew. And they will pay for it, quite rightly too. But it's just a game, and the title is just another digital carrot at the end of a long, repetitive grind. It's not based on skill or anything of that nature, it's just a grind.

Edited by Sabbathius

...and it's not really going to have much of a negative effect on you, other than the fact that your opponents in Huttball might be just as geared as you. Oh damn, a fairer fight? What kind of a PvPer wants that? It's the end of the world.

Yeah, I agree it's lame, but all of the "the-sky-is-falling-I'm-cancelling-my-subscription" QQers have really killed any sort of sympathy I had. It's a huge overreaction.

I was one of the rare few that never complained about absolutely anything during my gring to r60 pugging warzones, and I have to admit I have some mixed feelings on the fact that everyone and their grandmother will have battlemaster gear within a few days if nothing changes here.

If I spend a considerable amount of time doing something, I expect everyone else going through the same ordeal, or of course, if you'd like to bother with premades, kudos to you and faster ranking well deserved. But not like this. I doubt I'll rage quit though, there's plenty other stuff in the game to do for atleast another month.

However, BW is saying to all the 'hardcore' pvpers out there, or ppl like me who just had a bunch of free time on their hands, playing this game more than your average pvper won't get you anywhere. There is no reason for you to play this game more than just casually.

Personally, my free time is running out, so I'm fine with that. But I don't see the hardcore ones sticking around, doing the same hardcore grind knowing that it can be rendered useless over night. The 'hardcore' players are not the majority though, so it seems like it shouldn't matter if a few unsub here and there. However, if there is no sense of achivement for getting some gear (and lets face it, in pvp it comes mainly from grinding, regardless if you spend 15h a day or 15h a week) what exactly is the point?

Pre-Ilum Battlemasters, wear your tags with pride! We are the few, the beautiful. To bad Bioware did this to us, the truly gorgeous ones! Remember, it's not the tag it's the shirt that the tag is pinned to! I love you guys..

You are the few, the proud, the unemployed.

I changed my title to Apprentice because everyone is a Battlemaster now.

By the way, fighting inferior competition doesn't necessarily do much for getting Battlemaster, especially since some of the medal (300K damage done/healed) requires the opposition to be alive for a while. Of course, blowing through weak competition is still a good thing, but depends on how close you're to some of the medals that only comes from a long fight, it isn't always better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.