Quick bars remapping

Facie

When you go into cover, one's quickbars remap to move around the skills that are usable while in cover only. E.g., what I have in quickslot 6 moves to quickslot 4 when I go into cover. I'm sure others have noticed it.

Does anyone know a way to turn that off? I scoured the preferences last night and couldn't see any way to disable that "feature." It's playing havoc on my muscle memory,

Right. That's true But, for various reasons, I'd like them where they are if possible. Turning off that feature shouldn't seem that difficult inasmuch as it doesn't exist for the other classes (that I noticed at least).

seems to be a borrowed mechanic from WoW, it's the same as rogue stealth and druid cat stealth. I personally enjoy it, I find it handy. It might not seem necessary right now but at level 50 when we have all our abilities unlocked, 2 bottom center quick slots aren't going to be enough (i don't like putting combat abilities on the left/right side quickslots), so a cover-only quickslot is not only neat but a big help. Maybe you should try to use it for awhile before trying to find a way around it, it might grow on you. Edited by Sharma

Iirc, you can turn it off in options. I think it's called the cover bar or something. It's a totally separate bar which replaces the normal one whenever you are in cover. I actually found it pretty useful in beta as it let me assign my vibroblade skills to the same keys as skills like Snipe and Ambush.

Right. That's true But, for various reasons, I'd like them where they are if possible. Turning off that feature shouldn't seem that difficult inasmuch as it doesn't exist for the other classes (that I noticed at least).

I'm not sure what reason you could have for not wanting it. If you wanted your bar to stay the same in and out of cover, then having placing the same abilities in the same spot on both bars would achieve this anyway.

It's extremely useful when I played an Op in beta...just like it was extremely useful in wow as a rogue/druid.

Iirc, you can turn it off in options. I think it's called the cover bar or something. It's a totally separate bar which replaces the normal one whenever you are in cover. I actually found it pretty useful in beta as it let me assign my vibroblade skills to the same keys as skills like Snipe and Ambush.

Yes it's called a cover bar. Also I believe in one of the last patches they did add a feature to disable the cover bar or at least that's what I heard.

Well, I'm just level 18 but … the problem I'm having with the cover bar (apart from that very annoying mentioned bug) is that I can't quite determine skills that are NOT useful while in cover, so I can't decide which skills to switch with my cover-only skills.

For example the melee skills (especially the stun) and other instants CAN be useful if you get someone in your face. The only ability I can think of is the actual "take cover" and I got that on my middle mouse button. So what's the point?

I agree with the original poster, this is a huge pain in the @s... Better players will have this option turned off so that their hot keys do not change.

Or said "Better Players" just make sure that they know what to press.

Other than earlier mentioned lag issues; I see no reason to really turn it off. There are abilities I only use in cover and there are abilities I pretty much exclusively use out of cover.

And you can simply make sure the abilities match as you keybinds stay the same. I got my melee attacks on 1 and 2; when I enter cover they are still on 1 and 2.

That said though there is an option for it somewhere.

Edited by _Nyth