The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3 PM PST; 6PM EST; not a single heavy server.

Mannic

9:05 PM EST and there's over a dozen heavy pop servers on the east coast. Only TWO of all the servers are light.

Did you have some kind of point or was this a troll post?

Of course he didn't. These forums are a real low point on the internet. I thought 4chan was bad..

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9:05 PM EST and there's over a dozen heavy pop servers on the east coast. Only TWO of all the servers are light.

Did you have some kind of point or was this a troll post?

This thread doesn't become relevant until tomorrow night, when we can compare.

TBH, I was shocked that there were no heavy servers at off-peak time when I checked. But what will they be like tomorrow?

9:08PM EST, 6:08PM PST, currently in North America there are 41 heavy servers, the vast majority of them (unsurprisingly) East Coast servers, with fewer than 10 West Coast servers -- again, rather obviously due to the actual time of day.

/thread

Edited by knightblaster

This thread doesn't become relevant until tomorrow night, when we can compare.

TBH, I was shocked that there were no heavy servers at off-peak time when I checked. But what will they be like tomorrow?

You should have saved it for tomorrow night then. Using off peak hours to make a point about server populations was always going to catch you out when actual peak hours arrived. I seriously doubt that those not re-subbing are playing right now.

You should have saved it for tomorrow night then. Using off peak hours to make a point about server populations was always going to catch you out when actual peak hours arrived. I seriously doubt that those not re-subbing are playing right now.

Why would I have saved it? Then you don't have anything solid to compare it to. Tomorrow night, or a week from now, if there's 20 fewer heavy servers and more light servers, we'll be able to make some relative assessments of the impact of Day 31. Otherwise, you guys will simply insist there was no significant drop-off. And this way, if there is, in fact, no significant drop-off, then I'll will acknowledge that the numbers of people leaving TOR are not as great as anticipated.

Edited by Mannic

Why would I have saved it? Then you don't have anything solid to compare it to. Tomorrow night, or a week from now, if there's 20 fewer heavy servers and more light servers, we'll be able to make some relative assessments of the impact of Day 31. Otherwise, you guys will simply insist there was no significant drop-off. And this way, if there is, in fact, no significant drop-off, then I'll will acknowledge that the numbers of people leaving TOR are not as great as anticipated.

We will see, but the point stands that people who are planning to unsub when the re-up period starts in the next few days probably are already not playing the game, so they aren't accounting for the servers being heavy. Again, we shall see.

That wasn't the point of your op though was it. You were trying to insinuate that the 'significant drop-off' was already taking place, and you used off peak hours to back up your insinuation. I'm no fanboy but these tactics of manipulating 'facts' to back up your side seems to be rife here. That was bad form.

We will see, but the point stands that people who are planning to unsub when the re-up period starts in the next few days probably are already not playing the game, so they aren't accounting for the servers being heavy. Again, we shall see.

So you're saying the significant reduction has already happened? Hmm... maybe. Thing is, pointing out there are no queues or full servers just brings the "but they've raised pop caps" response.

I'm thinking it's around peak time right now. 6:30 PM WC, 9:30 PM EST, 8:30 CST. Going to count.

So you're saying the significant reduction has already happened? Hmm... maybe. Thing is, pointing out there are no queues or full servers just brings the "but they've raised pop caps" response.

I'm thinking it's around peak time right now. 6:30 PM WC, 9:30 PM EST, 8:30 CST. Going to count.

I think it's a good thing that there are no longer queues and full servers -- likely that does have something to do with raising the caps. Having queues long-term is not desirable for anyone, really.

That's why, in my view, the key is how many heavy servers there are -- and right now that number is quite healthy in the TZ that is in prime time now (East), and starting to pick up in West now, too.

Okay, so I'm counting:

Full with queue: 0

Full w/o queue: 0

Heavy: 58

Standard: 63

Light: 1

Anyone else care to corroborate?

I believe Swiftsure goes to very full status in a couple hours because of the Aussies and New Zealanders.

Edited by Mannic

I think it's a good thing that there are no longer queues and full servers -- likely that does have something to do with raising the caps. Having queues long-term is not desirable for anyone, really.

That's why, in my view, the key is how many heavy servers there are -- and right now that number is quite healthy in the TZ that is in prime time now (East), and starting to pick up in West now, too.

I still get them on weekends. had them this Fri, Sat and Sun

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/

Instead of making a forum thread for this experiment, you could have just used a site dedicated to tracking ToRs population XD.

Honestly though, you brought this up during not-so-peakish hours, and indicated that they should "merge servers" because the server population is low during non-peak hours, which is kind of messed up to be honest.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

I haven't read all of the posts, but could it be that a significant number of people are shut out of the game because of the patching error that the customer service channel is raging about? I haven't been able to successfully patch all day and am currently downloading the 11GB client. I may be able to try again tomorrow.

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/

Instead of making a forum thread for this experiment, you could have just used a site dedicated to tracking ToRs population XD.

Honestly though, you brought this up during not-so-peakish hours, and indicated that they should "merge servers" because the server population is low during non-peak hours, which is kind of messed up to be honest.

I said that if the exodus affects the servers the way I think it's going to, they should think about merging servers. If it doesn't, then they should still think about merging some servers, like the ones that never get above "standard."

I see enough heavy servers. Also, when I checked the EU side of things at peak times, I saw a couple of full servers and 30 very heavy servers.

Here's some more facts:

- a 'standard server' can have 1000-2100 ingame players, one I checked around 5-6PM a day or so ago had about 2050 ingame players with server status 'standard'

- a high population server in other MMO's often range from 1200-2000 ingame players at peak times, when LotrO and AoC went F2P their top populated servers had 1800-2400 players ingame.

- a Rift full server with a queue has 2000 players max ingame

From what I could estimate so far, a heavy server ranges somewhere around the 2000-2100 to 2600 and a full server with queue has an ingame player population of 3500-4000.

Oh, and the status ranges changed when the population cap changed: a 2000 that in the 1st week(s) before New Year maybe could have a server status 'full', now will only have a status 'standard' when the player cap was gradually increased. A thing that's good to keep in mind.

At 7:05 PST, 10:05 EST, 9:05 CST, counting:

Full with queue: 0

Very full or full: 0

Heavy: 54

Standard: 66 standard

Light: 4

Looks like we've reached the peak or close to it.

Edited by Mannic

Server pop were increased. at launch they were set to 50 % to force people on to other servers to avoid ques for weeks instead of days. personaly i think it was stupid now all the servers are feeling light populatiosn . luckily im on spaceslug that server is very active, eventually they will have to merge 50% of their servers

lol nthin to do with servers also bleeding dry ... this is so fail :s