This is RIDICULOUS

ValariusAbrose

Can anyone throw down some constructive feedback instead of trolling the forums. I don't want this game to be like /b/ from 4chan. I'm getting tired of people yelling, "FAIL" at the top of there CAPSLOCKING.

This trolling is becoming kind of ridiculous. Only people that stay around are going to be people that need to force their idea onto others or the other MMO individuals that are afraid of this game gaining in popularity. Just leave if you are just going to make it your mission to bash this game. You guys have to realize that EVERY MMO has launch problem and needs time to plant it's roots. WoW had crap tons of problems and they got fixed over time.

Patience - it's a lost art.

We understand that you hate the game. Just leave. I'm one of the those people that will stay with this game and support it in it's endeavors. I see potential.

The facts: BioWare is new to this field/genre. They are trying to improve this. This is their baby and it needs time to grow, learn, and fix what could be and what's broken atm.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very disatisfied with the way space is set up and from what I hear on Ven Zallow everone is. We were very much looking forward to an open world space with some pvp. Other than the obvious format of SWG maybe think big like a pvp fleet battle that you can take control of a capital ship or a fighter/bomber. Feelings on this people? If you feel the same way I do please help me let them know or we will be stuck with this Starfox 64 layout.

This is their baby

If this is their baby, and this was the real world... it would've been put into a care home by now.

If 6 years and a huge budget isn't enough to get a plyable working product free of bs out the door. Then they really need to go back and do what they do best i.e. make crappy pulp schlok console games for people who don't know any better...

Edited by Caspian_Rho

Can anyone throw down some constructive feedback instead of trolling the forums. I don't want this game to be like /b/ from 4chan. I'm getting tired of people yelling, "FAIL" at the top of there CAPSLOCKING.

This trolling is becoming kind of ridiculous. Only people that stay around are going to be people that need to force their idea onto others or the other MMO individuals that are afraid of this game gaining in popularity. Just leave if you are just going to make it your mission to bash this game. You guys have to realize that EVERY MMO has launch problem and needs time to plant it's roots. WoW had crap tons of problems and they got fixed over time.

We understand that you hate the game. Just leave. I'm one of the those people that will stay with this game and support it in it's endeavors. I see potential.

The facts: BioWare is new to this field/genre. They are trying to improve this. This is their baby and it needs time to grow, learn, and fix what could be and what's broken atm.

This is passion in their hearts which will lead to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering and suffering leads to the darkside in the end trolls will be trolls people who want to be part of something new they will be they said rift wouldn't last 1 year guess what is about to have 2 now with this i let you know that this game is awesome just needs to fix somethings yes so what its been out for how long? A month? Come on they already released patch 1.1 and you still mad please give me a break...

I am very disatisfied with the way space is set up and from what I hear on Ven Zallow everone is. We were very much looking forward to an open world space with some pvp. Other than the obvious format of SWG maybe think big like a pvp fleet battle that you can take control of a capital ship or a fighter/bomber. Feelings on this people? If you feel the same way I do please help me let them know or we will be stuck with this Starfox 64 layout.

I do want what your talking about but i bet they will do it in time they won't just put altogether in one gulp it takes time bit by bit...

If this is their baby, and this was the real world... it would've been put into a care home by now.

If 6 years and a huge budget isn't enough to get a plyable working product free of bs out the door. Then they really need to go back and do what they do best i.e. make crappy pulp schlok console games for people who don't know any better...

Word MMORPG meaning: massive multiplayer online roleplaying game

What im trying to say with this is that the less people the less bugs are in the game the more people get in the bigger the problem becomes to any company would happen even blizzard still has some issues every week...

Seriously, it's like they think the game has been out for 2 years and it's still broke. They absolutly nothing constructive so this game has a fighting chance. They declare it dead and they need to notify EVERYONE that they are incredibly right. Like a modern day soothsayer. It's irritating.

From what I heard about the Space Combat is that they are going to improved in a big way. According to BioWare that is.

Must admit I very rarely come onto the forums because my IQ seems to drop when i read a lot of the posts here.

Granted constructive critique on the game is welcome but i'm getting sick of seeing all the Doommonger threads with no point to them or the 'Oh my good PVP sucks the whole of this game will fail.'

I love the game, i understand it's still young and i have no doubt that things will get added that a lot of people want to see, time just needs to be given to allow the game to grow.

Granted people are gonna compare this game to other mmo's but at least wait till its been out for a bit instead of comparing it to games that have been out for years.

SWTOR is it's own game why would i want it to be like other mmo's (or other failed mmo's) I don't want it to be like WoW or SWG.

Just my thoughts on things.

Word MMORPG meaning: massive multiplayer online roleplaying game

What im trying to say with this is that the less people the less bugs are in the game the more people get in the bigger the problem becomes to any company would happen even blizzard still has some issues every week...

if you're making a point it's bad one. This game is barely playable. I've been in most beta MMOs for the last 10 years. If not beta'd been there on day of release, by all accounts this is the biggest buggiest unplayable release out of all of those.

And it's getting worse, fail update 1.1 has changed my fps from an average of 90 to 17. It stutters and crawls, doesn't load, disconnects, crashes, abilities taking an eon to fire WHEN they do. Broken companion systems that don't react to key presses, texture issues, broken quests, memory leaks, glitched UI and that's before I talk about ridiculous design decisions.

Edited by Caspian_Rho

if you're making a point it's bad one. This game is barely playable. I've been in most beta MMOs for the last 10 years. If not beta'd been there on day of release, by all accounts this is the biggest buggiest unplayable release out of all of those.

And it's getting worse, fail update 1.1 has changed my fps from an average of 90 to 17. It stutters and crawls, doesn't load, disconnects, crashes, abilities taking an eon to fire WHEN they do. Broken companion systems that don't react to key presses, texture issues, broken quests, memory leaks, glitched UI and that's before I talk about ridiculous design decisions.

Let me tell you and this is said by people who played Vanilla not me WoW was so bug when it started that the game was not playable this game you think this game is not playable? WoW was worse then this when it started but let it pass 6 months atleast then you can say if it sucks or what...

People always think that WoW started off PERFECT.

I dont think so.

But the truth is you cant compare TOR to a game in 2004. You have to compare it to actual games, and in that point you realise all the issues and problems that TOR has.

I really like the game, but im also pissed off with all the fps issues, the bugs, crashes, etc.

I dont think so.

But the truth is you cant compare TOR to a game in 2004. You have to compare it to actual games, and in that point you realise all the issues and problems that TOR has.

I really like the game, but im also pissed off with all the fps issues, the bugs, crashes, etc.

Like i said the more people logging into the game the more the servers and the game itself becomes bugged so imaging yourself with a fruit basket your carrying it to some place and the road its empty you get there with all the fruits in your basket now imaging this situation if more people get going by the same road in both directions and trying to go faster then you at some point some of them will bump into you making you lose some of the fruits in the basket your carrying those are the bugs seen if you go down to pick the fruit you just lost you might have one of 2 but same reaction one fruit falls or someone else bumps into you and makes another one or more to fall this is what happens every time hope this explains somehow :\

Sorry english not perfect im not a teacher >.>

Yeah, this is a new game. Yeah, it's BW's first MMO. Yeah, there's some bugs to be expected.

BUT... We are doomed to repeat past mistakes if we can't learn from the mistakes of others. BioWare, and EVERY OTHER person/corporation in the gaming industry knows how to at LEAST try to avoid making the same mistakes that competitors made years ago. MMOs are not new, and the mistakes BioWare/EA are making are not new.

Bugs aside, mistakes have been made needlessly. I'm hoping to see mistakes corrected, because I enjoy playing this game for the most part. I have no intention on playing the other MMOs that are released currently; I'm just giving an object opinion from a subjective point of view.

What are these "mistakes", you might ask?

No community support, in game with guilds/friends and no support with forums in a manner that is actually beneficial to anyone.

The UI is locked, unable to move UI elements, or even scale them. At least in EQ (10+ years ago), you had a game world viewport that wasn't cluttered by UI elements... and iirc, you could scale it.

Customer service is terrible. I won't get into details because that horse is dead and rotting.

I've had very few problems with the game at all and even fewer with the people playing it. Apparently everyone but me is having bad luck. Sadface.

That being said, new game is new. Bug fixes will come out, things will be changed in time. Keep in mind that some issues may not be the game itself, but your computer or your game settings. Obviously if you have an older computer that hasn't been upgraded, you'll probably not want to attempt running graphics at high settings. Play around with your settings, see if it helps any.

Actual game bugs are still being discovered. Yes, they have people test the games before they put them out, but it's a team of kids smashing the same button over and over to see if they can break the game. THAT'S Quality Assurance and that's how they find bugs. Obviously you won't find them all that way, it takes actual game play sometimes. So be patient.

Also, as someone who has some experience with coding/programming... Sometimes a code should work a certain way, but isn't. They're easily overlooked mistakes and can cause some of those mistakes that have been made so often in the past. Some of the issues are as simple as forgetting a single figure in a code. HUMANS are making this game, you can't expect it to be top notch right out of the package. It's good and they're working to fix things. Again... Patience.

Edited by Brosephiine

I've had very few problems with the game at all and even fewer with the people playing it. Apparently everyone but me is having bad luck. Sadface.

That being said, new game is new. Bug fixes will come out, things will be changed in time. Keep in mind that some issues may not be the game itself, but your computer or your game settings. Obviously if you have an older computer that hasn't been upgraded, you'll probably not want to attempt running graphics at high settings. Play around with your settings, see if it helps any.

Actual game bugs are still being discovered. Yes, they have people test the games before they put them out, but it's a team of kids smashing the same button over and over to see if they can break the game. THAT'S Quality Assurance and that's how they find bugs. Obviously you won't find them all that way, it takes actual game play sometimes. So be patient.

Also, as someone who has some experience with coding/programming... Sometimes a code should work a certain way, but isn't. They're easily overlooked mistakes and can cause some of those mistakes that have been made so often in the past. Some of the issues are as simple as forgetting a single figure in a code. HUMANS are making this game, you can't expect it to be top notch right out of the package. It's good and they're working to fix things. Again... Patience.

Agree with you on this, servers I play on are generally populated by nice people who can have an adult conversation at length ( go try that on WoW and see what happens to you )....yeah, bugs are bugs, and yes Beta is to bug report, but seriously, out of all the players on the Beta servers, most just go on to play the game and ignore most bugs that come their way. Same with any MMO that enables Beta testing environments. And then the company get slammed for releasing with bugs that were'nt caught in Beta...not their fault, thats why you get a Beta invite, not for early play giggles. Still, people with no patience will always blame someone and not look at the bigger picture in the long run. Personally I enjoy playing the game, got some nice folks I talk to in guild while leveling. Just give the game and the devs a chance, it's early doors yet, I expect they have a ton of cool features and updates to the game coming throughout the year. :) Great potential to come from the game, and they are still learning the ropes, need to allow for that too instead of diss it, if you can do better....off you go, I look forward to Play testing your game in the future...

Agree with you on this, servers I play on are generally populated by nice people who can have an adult conversation at length ( go try that on WoW and see what happens to you )....yeah, bugs are bugs, and yes Beta is to bug report, but seriously, out of all the players on the Beta servers, most just go on to play the game and ignore most bugs that come their way. Same with any MMO that enables Beta testing environments. And then the company get slammed for releasing with bugs that were'nt caught in Beta...not their fault, thats why you get a Beta invite, not for early play giggles. Still, people with no patience will always blame someone and not look at the bigger picture in the long run. Personally I enjoy playing the game, got some nice folks I talk to in guild while leveling. Just give the game and the devs a chance, it's early doors yet, I expect they have a ton of cool features and updates to the game coming throughout the year. :) Great potential to come from the game, and they are still learning the ropes, need to allow for that too instead of diss it, if you can do better....off you go, I look forward to Play testing your game in the future...

Indeed, a lot of the people complaining about the game "sucking" or having too many bugs after release don't actually know what goes into creating a game or anything about the process. I majored in Game Art & Design and while I don't know everything, I know that it'll never be perfect at release and a lot of people underestimate just how much work goes into the game.

I'd LOVE to see said people struggle to create their own game that appeals to the public, has great gameplay, graphics that meet public approval, a working website, and amazing artwork. I'd then like to see them try to market that game. xD

There is a difference between what you are getting at. You are asking us to be patient and wait for all the kinks to be worked out, all the while spending hard earned money on a product that in many aspects is broken. This goes with the argument of even playing and paying for an MMO in its first few months of release, knowing you are going to be passed around like a chinese ****** with temper tantrums from happy to mad. My experience has been up and down since early access, but moreover a very bad experience. I don't think we should have to pay to see a game come into fruition 1 year down the road and pave the way for others to enjoy it who later join, especially with this latest patch (1.1) offering 50k valor an hour, but no punishment or rollback (as of now) to fix this major failure. This is what testing phases are for, and many items found in testing from a year ago are still in the game launch. Patience is virtue yes, but not at the expense of money, happiness and sanity. If they want to work out the kinks, test the game longer, give us a product that is worthy to be subscribed to. Ignore the statis quo that " we can fix the game at launch with all our subs" Is the orignal players happiness irrelevent? Are we just game launch test subjects? NO, i think not, and this train of thinking in the MMO jonra must be fixed, starting with us the players. And you think all these ppl are trolling or mad? They arnt! They very much want to see this game succeed even so much as care because many of us have been following and anticipating this for years. We want to ensure the bioware team takes into account all information and we absolutely see potential, but it seems on many occasions it falls on deaf ears. But again, they can't expect us to sit around forever until they turn this game around. There is a difference between love(diehard fan) and abuse(ignored customer), and eventually the abused leave.

There is a difference between what you are getting at. You are asking us to be patient and wait for all the kinks to be worked out, all the while spending hard earned money on a product that in many aspects is broken. This goes with the argument of even playing and paying for an MMO in its first few months of release, knowing you are going to be passed around like a chinese ****** with temper tantrums from happy to mad. My experience has been up and down since early access, but moreover a very bad experience. I don't think we should have to pay to see a game come into fruition 1 year down the road and pave the way for others to enjoy it who later join, especially with this latest patch (1.1) offering 50k valor an hour, but no punishment or rollback (as of now) to fix this major failure. This is what testing phases are for, and many items found in testing from a year ago are still in the game launch. Patience is virtue yes, but not at the expense of money, happiness and sanity. If they want to work out the kinks, test the game longer, give us a product that is worthy to be subscribed to. Ignore the statis quo that " we can fix the game at launch with all our subs" Is the orignal players happiness irrelevent? Are we just game launch test subjects? NO, i think not, and this train of thinking in the MMO jonra must be fixed, starting with us the players. And you think all these ppl are trolling or mad? They arnt! They very much want to see this game succeed even so much as care because many of us have been following and anticipating this for years. We want to ensure the bioware team takes into account all information and we absolutely see potential, but it seems on many occasions it falls on deaf ears. But again, they can't expect us to sit around forever until they turn this game around. There is a difference between love(diehard fan) and abuse(ignored customer), and eventually the abused leave.

I stopped at the whole "fruition" thing.

You need to understand that an MMORPG is CONSTANTLY changing and a lot of gameplay, while yes it can be tested in QA, will be bugged because QA doesn't test with gameplay. They test by pushing some buttons fifty thousand times and seeing if you can break the game by running into a corner repeatedly. That being said, there will ALWAYS be some kind of bug because there are SO many people playing the game all at once, that's millions of chances for something to go wrong that was missed in QA.

If you don't like the way an MMORPG is constantly changing and therefor constantly subject to bugs... Then you need to be playing console games only. Or, if you remember Red Dead Redemption... You should probably just stick to board games.

If you have an issue, report it and I'm sure it will be taken care of in due time. If like you said you feel you shouldn't be subject to all these bugs at any point in this game, go back to board games and save yourself a monthly fee. Just realize that you're quick to criticize that which you do not understand.

Edited by Brosephiine

Indeed, a lot of the people complaining about the game "sucking" or having too many bugs after release don't actually know what goes into creating a game or anything about the process. I majored in Game Art & Design and while I don't know everything, I know that it'll never be perfect at release and a lot of people underestimate just how much work goes into the game.

I'd LOVE to see said people struggle to create their own game that appeals to the public, has great gameplay, graphics that meet public approval, a working website, and amazing artwork. I'd then like to see them try to market that game. xD

So from an arrogant perspective you expect everyone to do everything. If I could perform brain surgery on myself, let alone everyone else, what would separate everyone on the planet from one another? Alas I cannot, nor can I design games. You specialize in Game Art and Design, it is your duty to master this aspect as you do it for a living(not exactly you, but Bioware in this regard). You can't just say you don't like it make it better yourself, because if we all said that in our day to day job, I can guarantee you with absolute certainty the customer would look elsewhere. And where would that leave you the designer of the product? Yes its hard to create, design and upkeep all these aspects to make a game, but in actuality that is irrelevant to the customer. The customer only cares about what the product is supposed to do, cost, and how do I get it. Everything else added into the process is extra. So my promise from Bioware was blah blah blah yadayada, everything they said before this game launched. In playing the game, I can see there are many flaws, promises about how the game should perform, what it does, what it offers, all these different things are not what I wanted or expected when buying this product. So you see its not our job to enhance or make this product better, its the company trying to make money off of us to entice us to stay. Our complaints are valid and Bioware knows this.