No more...

timcclayton

I think youre wrong because people who have been around longer expect quality. Unfortunately there is so much garbage being sold these days new gamers dont even know whats good or bad anymore. Im sorry but the cost of the game + security key + subscription is enough to demand the game be what was being sold and quite frankly its not. This game is a LONG way from having everything thats wrong with it fixed and id bet just about anything that as soon as D3 launches this place is a ghost town as a result.

TLDR; most people have very low standards these days.

Pretty sure you're the wrong one.

I've been playing in this genre for 17 years. I don't expect better quality necessarily, rather I know what to expect.

It isn't that developers are lazy, or don't know how to create a game. It's not that they don't get it or that they just don't understand. It's the masses of morons that WoW brought into this genre that don't have a clue about how an MMO launches and what happens to it in the first 6-12 months of being live. Every MMO that has launched is doing things the same way every other MMO has done including the great WoW.

This MMO is no different than any MMOs that came before it and those that come after it will be no different either.

Remember those words and think of them when GW2, Blade and Soul, Warhammer 40,000, Perfect World, Tera Online, and so on launch.

I cant wait til you realize tons of people are already done with their free month yet still posting and unsubbed..

No one is done with their free month yet. EGA doesn't count against your time, and so the earliest one could be denied forum posting privileges is tomorrow. I realize that several people have a notice in their account today that says they have 0 days remaining, but that's not an error. You do have 0 days, what you have is a matter of hours before your account is shut off.

I can tell you this, you've never touched a line of code, painted a 3D texture or set foot in a VO studio in your life.

That's what they did do. Sound engineers, voice actors and the developers integrating the sound have no relation to the game engineers, encounter or content designers. The person you're quoting has no actual concept of how games are built.

The only people who overlap between these two groups would be producers.

This^^

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

No more flashing green lights

- that's happend twice in my 18 hours of play not a big issue

- NO IT HAPPENS IN EVERY OUTPOST EVERYWHERE

No more 11FPS in Warfronts, not much better in Fleet

- GET A BETTER COMP and THEY'RE WORKING ON IT

- MY COMP IS QUAD CORE i7, 8GB RAM, ATi 6800!

No more "I am playing in a Guild Wars instanced box"

- they're working on it

- OH GLAD TO HEAR THAT! EXCEPT THAT THE GAME ENGINE IS DESIGNED THAT WAY SO IT WON'T CHANGE

No more imbalanced PvP

- PvP is always imblanced in EVERY MMO

- NOT LIKE HERE!

No more appalling customer support

- that is a vaild point

- YES IT IS ISN'T IT

No more lame storylines (HOW do people think they are great?!)

- have you played them all to 50? if not shut up.

- I PLAYED JEDI KNIGHT TO 50 AND IT WAS BLOODY AWFUL, I DON'T WANT TO IMAGINE THE OTHER STORYLINES

No more endless travelling to get from one planet to another

- get a speeder also a valid point

- GOT A 110% SPEEDER, BUT THEY DON'T DO INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL, DUH

No more stupid quests that demand I use a companion I have never used or geared before

- meh not that big of a deal

- BUT A GAMEBREAKER IN MY FINAL CLASS QUEST SINCE I HAD TO ASK ANOTHER PLAYER TO HELP ME KILL THE EMPEROR!

No more quests stuck in the quest log that I can't abandon

- they're fixing it

- YEP, SURE THEY ARE

No more endless loading screens

- it's not that bad

- YES IT IS

No more empty worlds with about 3 other people in them, 2 of whom are probably bots

- go to a full server and say that

- MY SERVER IS HYDIAN WAY (EU) AND ALWAYS ON HEAVY POPULATION

No more clunky auctions

- I have no rebuttle for that as I dont trade

- TRUST ME, IT IS CLUNKY

No more broken companions

- working on it

- GOOD TO KNOW THAT THANKS!

No more boring and pointless crafting

- then don't do it? that's your fault

- IT'S PART OF EXPERIENCING THE GAME, ISN'T IT? TO TRY EVERYTHING IT HAS TO OFFER?

No more allday downtime while they apply a patch (or not) which makes things worse

- LOL you haven't played a lot of MMOs have you?

- AS I SAID, I HAVE PLAYED A LOT AND NEVER HAD AN ALLDAY DOWNTIME THAT I CAN REMEMBER. IN FACT MANY MMOS ARE ONLY DOWN FOR A FEW EARLY HOURS ONE DAY A WEEK, SOME ARE HARDLY EVER DOWN

(My answers in CAPS and second!)

Edited by Yvin
insults

I like how people being affected by nearly game breaking bugs and glitches like the ability and animation delays and poor warzone performance are the bad guys. Do you think we WANT these glitches in our game? I want to play TOR but I usually can't because these issues seriously effect the experience. Smart adults don't pay real money for things that don't work.

So what you're saying is I need to first buy a new computer (even though the one I have is already very good) and then on top of that I must wait while they work on fixing it.

Seems reasonable.

No and yes the people who use laptops or think their comps are good generally don't know what's good and should get a computer geek to help them pick out what they need (like I did). If your one of the unfortunate people who have issues with a high end comp just unsub and come back later no need to make drama out of it. As for waiting it's up to you.

I'll start grouping more often after all the instant gratification crowd are gone, which will be Friday. I love the day after Free Month ends in MMO's. The game is full of people that want to achieve and do better things than melt faces, complain and NEED on everything.

No more allday downtime while they apply a patch (or not) which makes things worse

- LOL you haven't played a lot of MMOs have you?

- AS I SAID, I HAVE PLAYED A LOT AND NEVER HAD AN ALLDAY DOWNTIME THAT I CAN REMEMBER. IN FACT MANY MMOS ARE ONLY DOWN FOR A FEW EARLY HOURS ONE DAY A WEEK, SOME ARE HARDLY EVER DOWN

(My answers in CAPS and second!)

- WRONG - if some arent hardly ever down, some hardly ever add things, or fix things, and a few hours is for simple maintenance, most major mmo's have went and still go down for more then a few hours for patches / content additions. Even ftp browser games with way less assets then a true MMO have gone down for 4-8 hours for updates.

Edited by Cbrinegar

I'll start grouping more often after all the instant gratification crowd are gone, which will be Friday. I love the day after Free Month ends in MMO's. The game is full of people that want to achieve and do better things than melt faces, complain and NEED on everything.

Hopefully your fleet won't be empty. GL to ya.

Pretty sure you're the wrong one.

I've been playing in this genre for 17 years. I don't expect better quality necessarily, rather I know what to expect.

It isn't that developers are lazy, or don't know how to create a game. It's not that they don't get it or that they just don't understand. It's the masses of morons that WoW brought into this genre that don't have a clue about how an MMO launches and what happens to it in the first 6-12 months of being live. Every MMO that has launched is doing things the same way every other MMO has done including the great WoW.

This MMO is no different than any MMOs that came before it and those that come after it will be no different either.

Remember those words and think of them when GW2, Blade and Soul, Warhammer 40,000, Perfect World, Tera Online, and so on launch.

What you say is true, but even in other MMOs, there are too many people who think that because they can write a "Hello World" program, they are qualified to tell Dev's how easy it is to fix program code they have never seen. So it is not just the WoW crowd.

I started in IT when data was still stored on punch cards, so I know how difficult it is to deal with large complex systems. Crimeny! Even Word Processing programs that are many, many versions in have bugs. Expecting that a large, multi-user system as complex as an MMO to be relatively problem free is ridiculous, especially when it is first released.

It is not that we don't expect quality. We do. We just don't expect the impossible, and what most people expect is the impossible.

Hello everyone,

While we do welcome all feedback, we ask that whether it is positive or negative feedback, that it is constructive. For better understanding on helpful feedback, please do see this post by Allison Berryman. We are closing this thread, but do strongly encourage anyone who wishes to submit feedback to please do so. We only ask that when anyone posts new feedback, it is done in a constructive manner.

Should anyone wish to offer suggestions, please do use RuinGaming's compilation thread, here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=87349

Thank you!