Snipers and blaster rifles....

Ryoten

I actually see a lot of snipers running around with blaster rifles. Is there some reason why people choose to use blaster rifles on their snipers over a sniper rifle?

'cause they're stupid?

Now, are you actually inspecting them and seeing a blaster rifle, or are they just carrying a rifle that doesn't look "sniper" like to you? Because a lot of the sniper rifles look like plain old rifles.

or like me when i went to purchase a the champion sniper rifle it black screened and gave me the champion blaster rifle, and still 5 days later with a ticket still active no response. Also love the lower overload shots i get with the blaster then my pve sniper rifle.

does it make any real difference? i mean, i use a sniper rifle, just because i found one that i like. but its not like an assasin where you need a dualsided saber to use attacks, everything still works with a blaster rifle. isnt the lvl 50 pvp wep a blaster rifle too?

does it make any real difference? i mean, i use a sniper rifle, just because i found one that i like. but its not like an assasin where you need a dualsided saber to use attacks, everything still works with a blaster rifle. isnt the lvl 50 pvp wep a blaster rifle too?

I would like to know ths too.

There is a PvP Sniper rifle

ANd yes, it matters. at the same rating, the blaster rifle does 55 less top end damage and almost 100 less bottom end damage. Since all your shots are based on your weapon damage, you're easily looking at 200-400 less damage per attack you use.

Snipers use sniper rifles. Anyone who has a blaster rifle equipped is Doing It Wrong

Because you dont like have a higher top end and a tighter damage range apparently. The rifle matters a lot.

Logically, since the sniper rifle is the "mirror" of the gunslinger's dual pistols, it does more damage per shot than a blaster rifle of equivalent item level... but I'm not too acquainted with the mechanics so I can't provide specifics and could be wrong.

Edited by archifikoss

• 3 weeks later...
There is a PvP Sniper rifle

ANd yes, it matters. at the same rating, the blaster rifle does 55 less top end damage and almost 100 less bottom end damage. Since all your shots are based on your weapon damage, you're easily looking at 200-400 less damage per attack you use.

Snipers use sniper rifles. Anyone who has a blaster rifle equipped is Doing It Wrong

Probally becasue every freaking snipe rifle looks absolutely hidious, the only one i like is athis..the rest of them are the dumbest looking peices of equipment i have ever seen. like they put no thought into the looks...

they look like clown guns that shoot confeti.

The PvP sniper looks so terrible. I really wanted a rifle with the distinctive long barrel of a sniper rifle, not a silly looking short rifle. Hell, the Champion RIFLE looks more like a sniper rifle then the Champion Snipe. *Sigh* I hope they add more weapons.

Sniper rifles have higher base damage then the blaster rifles. This will increase the damage of your abilities. As far as looks are concerned I like the Columi and Champion versions of the rifles. If you are going for the long barrel look, though, the Tier III sniper rifles have more of the traditional sniper rifle look with the longer barrel. I can post screenshots of both if you are interested in seeing them.

Oh i have a sexy PVE snipe, the Combat Ripper, level 34 pvp snipe skin. with mods from columni rifle drop and a great drop off of HM Gharj. its really the look i love. ALso wanted to use the N-300, also a pvp vendor rifle, its the same as the ripper just black... problem is it doesnt have a scope. Im not using a sniper skin that has no scope!

well im just lvl 27 sniper right now and so far i got three snipers. The black talon, athiss and the one dropps on mando raiders. So far my favorite "sniper" is the black talon one. I dont know if its the scope or the stock of the gun that makes me like it so much.

Very unique looking.