I Play Two Days A Week

MilesTheFox

I have a car. I've heard the car is being recalled because it explodes whenever it is shifted into reverse while the windshield wipers are on. I never go backwards in the rain, so I dont care. All those exploded people are cry babies imo.

Car is for life. Game is for fun. Car not working means I can't get to work. Game not working means I look for something more fun.

I have a car. I've heard the car is being recalled because it explodes whenever it is shifted into reverse while the windshield wipers are on. I never go backwards in the rain, so I dont care. All those exploded people are cry babies imo.
That doesn't sound like a defective car, it sounds like the mob has put a hit on you.

The difference is TOR isn't being recalled.

You may be right with the crybabies though.

I have two accounts, one Rep, one Imp. Levels 25 and 18.

My snail's pace through the game has saved me from the bugs people are having at later levels.

I am very PVE oriented. I will most likely never PVP.

I am one of those rare forum breeds that are entirely satisfied so far with the game.''

Trolls and disgruntled haters can say what they want, say I'm wasting my money.

But I for one, welcome Bioware to take my two six-month payments tomorrow.

It's not that much money to me because I work for a living (hence why I only play 2 days a week) and it's not mommy's and daddy's CC's paying for my game time.

^^^ THIS!!

I do own TWO accounts (That right I sub for two separate accounts). I play weekends and an hour or so after work. I work 53 hours or so a week. I have kids. I have a wife. I work out at a gym and yadda yadda yadda. I built my own computer and its on 3 year old technology and the game looks great and runs great. I have been in since 4 days of pre-launch AND my main is not even 41 yet! Sorry if all these QQ'ers here. I feel your pain. You sad eyes and rage warm my heart!

Please O please let the poor old QQers /ragequit...More room for me....

The difference is TOR isn't being recalled.

You may be right with the crybabies though.

There is no difference, and I guess I'm not completely surprised you missed the point. I'll be less subtle now.

You have openly admitted to having an unusual use case. You are ultra casual, have not played the majority of the content, and you completely avoid other areas of gameplay (pvp).

And then you make ad hoc statements about the game at large, and deride people who experience issues in parts of the game that you dont even play.

There are scientific terms for that, but I am afraid the profanity filter might catch them.

Edited by BluePlatypus

Glad to hear you're liking the game so far. I agree - it's been a blast so far and I just hit level 48 recently.

And hey - if I find myself with nothing but the same repetitive tasks that ALL MMO's suffer from at level cap - then so be it. I've got an alt on the republic side to level and other games to keep me busy until new content is released.

I agree with both of you, I too am liking the game, I just hit lvl 44 and so far the only real complaint/frustration I had has been taken care of. The unbalance of low lvls against lvl 50s in PVP. Oh and the random too high lvl Crazy Wampa on Hoth they have deleveled, :p

I also have several characters to play, a couple of the same class but different attitudes/decisions so different story line.

I have played several MMOs and find the same people on all of them, they speed run to the lvl cap then sit back and whine about nothing to do. *shrug* Can't please everyone so just please those who will be around long term and actually experience the game.

There is no difference, and I guess I'm not completely surprised you missed the point. I'll be less subtle now.

You have openly admitted to having an unusual use case. You are ultra casual, have not played the majority of the content, and you completely avoid other areas of gameplay (pvp).

And then you make ad hoc statements about the game at large, and deride people who experience issues in parts of the game that you dont even play.

There are scientific terms for that, but I am afraid the profanity filter might catch them.

And you, sir, are misinformed as well.

MMO's are historically the most buggy of all games. And also, historically, the vocal part of the playerbase has had unrealistic expectations on how quickly they should be fixed.

You honestly expect to powerlevel and rush through the content, and then complain that you don't have anything else to do, and not encounter some bugs?

I believe I have the more realistic perception of things.

Nothing new.. Just someone who's never played an MMO before, so he doesn't know what the standards are.

I played Everquest, World of Warcraft (from beta through vanilla through lich king), I played FFXI, FFXIV, Planetside, Earth and Beyond, DAoC, Guild Wars, City of Heroes, and some other MMORPGs I'm probably forgetting about.

I echo OP's sentiment 100%. I do pvp unlike him, but I am having a BLAST, I work for a living so my main is only 40, I have lots of alts because I LOVE THE STORY, and I am so in love with this game.

For me, this improves on WoW 1,000x because THERE IS A STORY.

That sells everything else for me. I don't care if there are some bugs (uh, wow had bugs, and most games launch with bugs, get over yourself, software is complicated. They're patching it.) I don't care about lots of things, I can completely overlook them, because holy moly

I am having a blast just playing the story.

This is KOTOR 3-11

If you liked KOTOR 1 and 2, you're probably having a blast.

If you don't like TOR, go back to WoW. This isn't for you. This game is for people like me, and OP, and WE LOVE IT.

I played Everquest, World of Warcraft (from beta through vanilla through lich king), I played FFXI, FFXIV, Planetside, Earth and Beyond, DAoC, Guild Wars, City of Heroes, and some other MMORPGs I'm probably forgetting about.

I echo OP's sentiment 100%. I do pvp unlike him, but I am having a BLAST, I work for a living so my main is only 40, I have lots of alts because I LOVE THE STORY, and I am so in love with this game.

That sells everything else for me. I don't care if there are some bugs (uh, wow had bugs, and most games launch with bugs, get over yourself, software is complicated. They're patching it.) I don't care about lots of things, I can completely overlook them, because holy moly

This is KOTOR 3-11

If you don't like TOR, go back to WoW. This isn't for you. This game is for people like me, and OP, and WE LOVE IT.

Pretty much.

I just come on the forums a few minutes a day because I need a good laugh. And then on days like today, I try to inject a tiny amount of sense into it.

This is KOTOR 3-11

You and me both brotha.

I have two accounts, one Rep, one Imp. Levels 25 and 18.

My snail's pace through the game has saved me from the bugs people are having at later levels.

I am very PVE oriented. I will most likely never PVP.

I am one of those rare forum breeds that are entirely satisfied so far with the game.''

Trolls and disgruntled haters can say what they want, say I'm wasting my money.

But I for one, welcome Bioware to take my two six-month payments tomorrow.

It's not that much money to me because I work for a living (hence why I only play 2 days a week) and it's not mommy's and daddy's CC's paying for my game time.

In every other MMORPG I've played (since Dark Age of Camelot), I've played just like you. For some reason I find myself at level 48 already in this game, and I wish I'd had the sense to do my usual snail's pace thing, honestly.

Not that I've experienced any big problems-- it just feels weird to be approaching a level cap. I've literally never reached the level cap in any game I've ever played, but I'm about to do so here after one month. It's really weird.

I'm more or less the same as the OP. I have a level 35, a level 15, and a level 8. My goal is to have all three go through the story, which for me will probably take a few months. After that, I may desubscribe and wait for the expansion. That's mainly because "high-end" content such as raiding and PvP doesn't appeal to me.

I can understand people who played a lot leaving because they've gone through the questing and there isn't that much to do right now at max level. I don't understand the anger, however. This game has much more story content then your average single player RPG (e.g., Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc.). While it isn't Skyrim-esque, it isn't like there is only twenty hours of gameplay.

In my opinion, those who max-leveled their character and are leaving got their money worth. Plus, I won't be too surprised if some of them come back once Bioware adds more raids and other high-level content in the next couple of months. To some extent, I have to wonder why hard-core player buy games at release since there tends not be much high-end content at release. Instead, the devs usually polish the leveling stuff and leave future high-end stuff for post-release patches and updates. In six months, chances are that there will be plenty of high-end stuff. Why not just come back then and don't complain now?