**FRAUDALERT** Cancelled yet billed.

Gehoornde

I cancelled my wife's and my own account 2 weeks ago. I bought a gamecard and added it today since my gametime ran out.

For the hell of it I checked my wife's account and lo and behold, she now has 30 days of playtime again.

Make sure to delete your card info people

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I cancelled my wife's and my own account 2 weeks ago. I bought a gamecard and added it today since my gametime ran out.

For the hell of it I checked my wife's account and lo and behold, she now has 30 days of playtime again.

Funny looking at your posting history someone posted somethign similar and you posted "thanks for the info".........and then repost the exact same story?

Troll.

Prove it. :)

Here's how you do this:

Go to your account > Subscription > "Show your payment history" > click to edit your credit card, then scroll to the bottom and click delete.

He did.

There have been a few different peopel posting about this now, but all these posts disappear which scares me.

They did the same thing with WAR, but at least at that time they had the direct debit option for the Netherlands, which is not possible without me consenting.

But seriously, what they did in WAR was criminal without any doubt.

Edited by Humus_

This is how he gets people to cancel who normally wouldn't. What is this third time you posted this Thread?

I don't give a rats *** if morons want to stick with this game. I just want to make sure people don't get charged for something they don't want.

Not everyone is a ***.

Funny looking at your posting history someone posted somethign similar and you posted "thanks for the info".........and then repost the exact same story?

Troll.

Uh, no, thanks to the guy posting about it I actually went and checked if this was true. And he didn't lie.

This is how he gets people to cancel who normally wouldn't. What is this third time you posted this Thread?

Why would his post get people that aren't going to cancel, to cancel? They will be billed anyway, and voluntarily.

What it's done is warned those that cancelled that they are likely to be billed again, regardless.

Being a fan of the game is one thing. I enjoy the game (until Patch 1.1). Being an idiot is another thing . . .

He did.

There have been a few different peopel posting about this now, but all these posts disappear which scares me.

I hear everything people post on the internet is true. Therefore we are all already dead and living in the matrix ruled by a giant pink bunny.

I don't understand why this information keeps being deleted. If anything, I would expect support to make a sticky warning customers about this bug in the billing system.

For weeks now players have been complaining that after cancelling their subscriptions, they go back into the account page and find that they have been mysteriously re-subbed for another month. Blame it on a bug, a flawed billing system/webpage, whatever. Point is, many players have been complaining about this for the past few weeks. If you're not seeing the threads it's because they only seem to last a very short while before disappearing. Speculate why on your own time, if you care.

If you're cancelling your subscription, the only way to guarantee that you're not being bitten by this "bug" is to remove your payment information. That way, when the account system fouls up and takes it upon itself to re-sub you against your wishes, there's no payment information for it to draw on.

That is what people are trying to warn others about. A little less trolling and a little more effort to understand the nature of the warning/complaint, please.