I really want this game to do well....really.

sandyrocks

It's just sad to see so many angry players and haters.

It would be nice to have another successful MMO other than WoW but right now it just looks like things are not going well....

Same boat. Going to move our 6 month sub to month to month at this point. Bioware is closing threads with legit complaints instead of fixing. I really, really want this game to do well, but I'm not seeing it happening with Bioware's current progress.

Agreed. I am playing the game on a great new rig and so far have had none of the FPS or ability delay issues that others are complaining about, so I am having a great time.

That said, I am an avid PvPer, who wants to play Republic, and the extreme population imbalance along with Ilum are not very promising. If BW doesn't get these things straightened out soon, I might simply unsub after I finish a few class stories.

Bioware is closing threads with legit complaints instead of fixing.

1) Actually, they are closing "off-topic" threads (and they have defined what is/is-not off topic for forum members) and they are closing redundant threads and redirecting discusison back to an existing thread.

Forum moderation here is much better then most game general forums.

2) their primary source of player feedback on bugs is /bug reporting in game, NOT general forum. General forum is largely a rant fest, often distored, inaccurate, and full of emotional bias.

3) if you actually want to see what they are fixing... follow devtracker.

Same boat. Going to move our 6 month sub to month to month at this point. Bioware is closing threads with legit complaints instead of fixing. I really, really want this game to do well, but I'm not seeing it happening with Bioware's current progress.

So...are you among those people who want Bioware to make the fix before the end of the thread? You want the programmers to come on to each thread and apologize for the specific bug and explain in detail what they are doing to fix the problem? Show me ANY game where they do that. yet we've got posters here that appear to be demanding that very thing. Most of the threads I've read with "legit complaints" may have started that way, but have quickly digressed into slime fests. I concur with the GMs that close them when they get to that point.

I wish people around here would realize (as you have stated) that Bioware/EA wants this game to do well. Especially with all the moolah that has been invested, I am guessing (just guessing, mind you) that they are working up a sweat trying to solve the MAJOR issues first, then will attack the smaller stuff at a later date.

That said, I am an avid PvPer, who wants to play Republic, and the extreme population imbalance along with Ilum are not very promising. If BW doesn't get these things straightened out soon, I might simply unsub after I finish a few class stories.

Pretty much my reaction too.

Throw in the fact that few of the Republic stories seem to be the quality I was expecting.

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany then on the official forums for WOW, and they manage to keep the game going. So don't worry about this game going under just because people have no self control.

Not everyone realizes this though. Some people will come on here and see people claiming they are going to unsubscribe and that people should be shot or fired over the state of the game and believe this is a real persons opinion. And it taints theirs after a while. So, the admin comes in and removes those threads and redirects to constructive ones talking about the same issues. This avoids the slander and missinformation. Angry people are on the forums, happy ones are at home playing the game.

It's just sad to see so many angry players and haters.

Never judge the player-base by the posts in the forums. The people who are happy with the game are busy playing it.

As a rule, people are far more likely to complain in a forum then to visit one to make a complement. If you can show me any MMO that has mostly positive posts in the forums hell will freeze over.

You sure gave them a chance...not.

They are consolidating many threads (sure some may be deleted). Why? Because you all just keep repeating yourselves over and over and over again. It is soooo annoying to read.

Let them work - I'd like to see you hop in and try to code those fixes. It is a working system and a process. Prioritize fixes, actually go in and design a fix, try to recreate the bug after you've prototyped a fix, if it works, push it to QA, then release to production.

If any problems are encountered at any step, the process starts over.

I did the same today, switched from 6 months to 1 month. Going to think long and hard this afternoon about whether to un-sub completely or give it 30 days.