SWTOR = Warhammer Online

Thamelas

He mentioned something called "Train" that they ran in PvP, and said its going to start happening here too.

Its a tactic.

Destruction players would join up and make a train and just go around farming stuff.

That will happen in ANY non instanced non player capped environment.

That said, it is not their responsibility to fix it. Would you rather everything be a queue box like in wow?

I like that the world is open. Unfortunately I must admit I am sith. But I started republic. The reason I changed is primarily the dialog options for the jedi were so lame. Mechanics were nice. i enjoyed throwing rocks.

WarHammer's PvP was much, much better than SWTOR's. But in the end WarHammer failed becuase 2 faction PvP always fails.

But mmo devs continue to copy WoW's craptastic PvP system because they have the mistaken belief that those sub numbers mean something in the PvP arena. They don't. WoW is successful because of it's PvE.

SWTOR is a good PvE game. The PvP will always suck.

Edited by --Grim--

WarHammer's PvP was much, much better than SWTOR's. But in the end WarHammer failed becuase 2 faction PvP always fails.

But mmo devs continue to copy WoW's craptastic PvP system because they have the mistaken belief that those sub numbers mean something in the PvP arena. They don't. WoW is successful because of it's PvE.

SWTOR is a good PvE game. The PvP will always suck.

3 factions in the Secret World. My last best hope other than GW2.

I don't recall Warhammer having as many technical issues..other then lag and queues. Warhammers biggest problems were in design and balancing. However, they very well may end up in the same category of big hopes/big disappointment.

warhammer had a ton of UI issues that particularly made ranged/healers life miserable.

It's at least why i quit.

I was tired of getting hit by ranged weapons t hat had no animation and no indication at all oither than the combat log.

Your "friend" doesn't remember Warhammer very well.

Seems you don't remember that game well friend. People *****ed at mythic to remove stupid PVE in their PVP and they didn't. Look at that game now.

SWTOR is , it seems doing the same move on theirs. "Lets put guns you can farm for pvp points even if the other side isn't around."

BioWare!!! Remove Mythic membersfrom your team NOW

Well they both use ridiculously crappy game engines, so I guess that's one similarity.

WAR was actually better than SWTOR when it launched imo.

I recall a game that released last year that had the same engine as WAR......i think it was called RIFT.

if anything can be said about that game is that the engine was not flawed, the game design was.

3 factions in the Secret World. My last best hope other than GW2.

I didn't know that about the Secret World. Thanks for the info, I'll have to look at it more closely.

GW2 has been the holy grail for my guild for a while now. I hope it doesn't disapoint.

Unless a game is desinged for PvP from the ground up it usually ends up lacking. Devs need to make the decision early on whether they'll make a PvE game or a PvP game; when they try to do both you end up with a watered down product.

Hello, folks! We ask that discussion on the General Discussion forum be centered around Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Due to this ending up as more a discussion of other games, we will be closing the thread for being off topic. Thanks!