any way to tell IN GAME if that is a CE account?

DarthYeska

hi there,

i bought one standard edition and a CE.

so now i just want to make sure IN GAME which account is which. i may end up cancelling the standard edition and just want to make sure IN GAME which account is which.

dealing with a couple e-mail accounts and forums account now i am a bit confused and really want to make sure before making a decision.

thank you!

The thread makes no sense if you take the OP at face value, since you don't delete your account from in-game. :p

Now, if you're a cynic and see this just as a roundabout way of asking how she can show off in-game to random strangers that she's a CE buyer, well it begins to make a lot more sense. :D

...Why would you buy both? Seems a bit of a waste.

becuase i was not sure how many toons per server back in july-2011 so i wanted to make sure to have the ability to have a bunch of toons in a single server.

i come from swg's and we could only have 2 toons per server. so i had 4 accounts in galaxies.

The thread makes no sense if you take the OP at face value, since you don't delete your account from in-game. :p

Now, if you're a cynic and see this just as a roundabout way of asking how she can show off in-game to random strangers that she's a CE buyer, well it begins to make a lot more sense. :D

not trying to delete from in game. just want to make sure what i am deleting before deleting.

If you're in game, go to the fleet station and get on the VIP room elevator. If it is a CE account, you can go up. If not, it forces you off.

Pre-order keys don't matter when it comes to what product you apply to the account.

good idea. but i need to lvl out of hutta before hitting the station correct?

or can i fly out of hutta at any time?

One could argue video games are a waste.

I bought the CE and the digital D/L. Just in case my CE didn't arrive on the 20th. Waste? lol my wife thinks so... I am ok with it.

ya. not a waste for me either.

but now seeing we can have more than two toons per server i only need one box set.

good idea. but i need to lvl out of hutta before hitting the station correct?

or can i fly out of hutta at any time?

You can just go there. One point though, if you don't have the CE box in hand, you won't be able to do this.

The pre-order key applied to the account doesn't actually matter. And if you've already used the CE code, theres no chance to "cancel" an order.

You can just go there. One point though, if you don't have the CE box in hand, you won't be able to do this.

The pre-order key applied to the account doesn't actually matter. And if you've already used the CE code, theres no chance to "cancel" an order.

ok.

what about used up codes in standard editions. i think i want to cancel my standard one.

I bought the CE and the digital D/L. Just in case my CE didn't arrive on the 20th. Waste? lol my wife thinks so... I am ok with it.

One COULD. But there's also a counterargument to it, to wit the entertainment value over a single game vs. no games.

Two copies of what amounts to the same game? That seems a waste. But I mean it's your money, and thanks for stimulating the economy and all, I guess.

I did exactly the same in fear that my CE would not ship in time, even tho i paid extra for overnight shipping..

I am fine with it too. I would hate to be left out after early access just to wait again to play...

One COULD. But there's also a counterargument to it, to wit the entertainment value over a single game vs. no games.

Two copies of what amounts to the same game? That seems a waste. But I mean it's your money, and thanks for stimulating the economy and all, I guess.

in some games we are limited as to how many toons per server.

i used to know peeps in swg's who had up to 10 diff accounts and heard of peeps having more at some point.

people just want to have all the proffs in game and other perks many toons in one server can bring.

ok.

what about used up codes in standard editions. i think i want to cancel my standard one.

I'm just uncertain of what you have on hand here. Have you:

1. Purchased and have opened up a CE box, and applied to code to an account?

2. Purchased and have opened up a SE box (or have one from Origin) and applied the code to an account?

If you have done both of these (on seperate accounts), try using the elevator at the fleet station (you can go right there from character creation. Its actually a good idea too, as you can train crew skills, and pretty much hit level 4 before starting the first quest from exploration XP).

in some games we are limited as to how many toons per server.

i used to know peeps in swg's who had up to 10 diff accounts and heard of peeps having more at some point.

people just want to have all the proffs in game and other perks many toons in one server can bring.

Such as? Sorry, still new to the genre. Don't see how having 10 pc's on a single server makes it worthwhile to pay an extra 15 bucks or more a month, plus the initial game fees.

I'm not trolling, I'm actually curious as to the thought process behind it.

I'm just uncertain of what you have on hand here. Have you:

1. Purchased and have opened up a CE box, and applied to code to an account?

2. Purchased and have opened up a SE box (or have one from Origin) and applied the code to an account?

If you have done both of these (on seperate accounts), try using the elevator at the fleet station (you can go right there from character creation. Its actually a good idea too, as you can train crew skills, and pretty much hit level 4 before starting the first quest from exploration XP).

no, no physical copies on any account.

i just used the codes from the e-mail sent for reserving a copy. which still applied the perks to the accounts.

Such as? Sorry, still new to the genre. Don't see how having 10 pc's on a single server makes it worthwhile to pay an extra 15 bucks or more a month, plus the initial game fees.

I'm not trolling, I'm actually curious as to the thought process behind it.

see above post.

In : Star Wars Galaxies. we could only have 2 toons per server. plus we used to be able to have lots to place houses/factories. two toons was not enough to have all proffs or many homes/factories. so we (many / many peeps) had more than one account.

no, no physical copies on any account.

i just used the codes from the e-mail sent for reserving a copy. which still applied the perks to the accounts.

Alright, then the elevator thing is not going to work. You can just cancel the SE order from the retailer with no fear on how it affects your account status.

It does not matter which account you applied the CE pre-order code to.

see above post.

In : Star Wars Galaxies. we could only have 2 toons per server. plus we used to be able to have lots to place houses/factories. two toons was not enough to have all proffs or many homes/factories. so we (many / many peeps) had more than one account.

So instead of... getting friends, you decided to pay more money to do it all yourself?

I see. hrm, thanks.

Alright, then the elevator thing is not going to work. You can just cancel the SE order from the retailer with no fear on how it affects your account status.

It does not matter which account you applied the CE pre-order code to.

ah yes.

then when i get the box (in case a delete wrong account) i can use the box code on the current account?

maybe?

So instead of... getting friends, you decided to pay more money to do it all yourself?

I see. hrm, thanks.

beleive or not dude. PLUS what is you wanted to be a medic/bounty hunter/crafter/commando/jedi/more

and you only had two toons per server. ask you freind to lend you thier account to play jedi per se??? good one...