Is Ashara bugged

Yuichix

Worked fine for me last night. I don't know full story or where you're at with her, but at first I thought she was bugged, but I did learn, she doesn't care about what you do on Taris, if you're questing there after you get her. She didn't seem to care much about my responses on Quesh, although I finally got a couple +40's out of her and a couple -2's. On Hoth last night, she was much more responsive. On ship, during personal convo's she was fine, getting xp as expected, and got the plus 40 for choosing her to go to Hoth.

EDIT: I do recall, first personal conversation on ship didn't yield any xp either. But other than that, when I get the points, they're showing in her total.

Edited by Jaksith

I had three ship convos personally. The last was

After the Sith killed a bunch of Jedi she was made at me.

Same thing it poped up in comer, nothing at the end, and even checked and no change.

Ok nvm works for now, must be first few convos buged or something.

Edited by Yuichix

• 4 weeks later...
ever since they "fixed" Ashara's dual weilding animations Ashara refuses to sheath her sabers and when she does (which is like 5% of the time) the blades show and 1% of that 5% the blades disappear but as soon as i get on a speeder then get off she automatically pulls her sabers out. i put in a ticket and they asked for more info like the location it happened is just related to one area.

I have noticed this as well, also something else I spotted with Ashara is sometimes when you select a conversation option you dont gain affection but if you esc out and select it again you do.

It happens with all characters occasionally.

She doesn't seem to react to almost anything with me, but then that seems to be the case with all of my companions at the moment at level 41. On Taris I got affection points basically just with Khem Val until the bonus series when Andronikus seemed to wake up a bit on that front, on Quesh none of them seemed to care about what I said and did and I do explore all the possibilities with all companions before deciding my own "canon" version of the conversation.

Edited by Rouge

I see I am not the only one who does not get all the affection points from conversations with Ashara. For me, it is spotty; sometimes I get the AP, sometime I get half, and sometimes I get nothing. Something is going on with Ashara's coding to be getting this kind of erratic response. I have made a couple of tickets describing what happened, but I get the reply that there is nothing to be done at the moment.

I see I am not the only one who does not get all the affection points from conversations with Ashara. For me, it is spotty; sometimes I get the AP, sometime I get half, and sometimes I get nothing. Something is going on with Ashara's coding to be getting this kind of erratic response. I have made a couple of tickets describing what happened, but I get the reply that there is nothing to be done at the moment.

You silly bronie.

I recognize your sig. It wins.

Anyways, thats the only reason im posting.

I just got ashara, but nothing seems amiss so far.

Since I attained her, I hadn't seen any favor gained or lost at all. Half way through Quesh right now and she's still sitting at 0/10000 even though I've selected some rather heavy darkside choices that would under normal circumstances cause her to cry at least a little.

Since I attained her, I hadn't seen any favor gained or lost at all. Half way through Quesh right now and she's still sitting at 0/10000 even though I've selected some rather heavy darkside choices that would under normal circumstances cause her to cry at least a little.

Companion affection is a range between 0 and 10000.

In case it wasn't obvious, zero minus any number with a lower limit of zero equals zero.

Ashara has several "companion quest conversations" that do not award affection as noted.

I don't remember the names off the top of my head, but they are there. I suggest submitting an in-game bug report ticket. Granted, it will likely be closed with no update, you'll never hear any feedback or you'll get a canned response (in broken English!) that has absolutely zero to do with the problem,

"Ashara companion quest X does not provide affection gains noted in the dialog."

"Thank you for contacting BioWare! We appreciate you report this issue, and we comprehend that many of customers find their bacon gets a really rubbery texture when cooked in microwave hot box. We are looking into more good ways of the cooking bacon fastly, and you can look for this content in an upcoming patch! Sorry inconvenience this may cause and bad feelings, and we promise to completely ignore any more ticket enters you submit related to this matter! Ticket closed."

but it might make you feel better.

Additionally, I found one for Xalek that behaves similarly last night.

It's one where you let him go bury his dead father. You should get something like 300+ affection with the proper answers, but receive none.

Edited by LeperJack

Companion affection is a range between 0 and 10000.

In case it wasn't obvious, zero minus any number with a lower limit of zero equals zero.

This is incorrect, you can have negative affection, for example when I first got Xalek, I made a couple choices he didn't agree with and he went from zero to -45 affection.

Ashara does have some bugs, a large number of conversation and quest rewards in the game are bugged. Its not uncommon to miss out on affection or social points, as well as dark and light side points.

Ashara will not start granting conversation points until Hoth (at least at any regular rate). Quesh is a strange planet anyway (I believe it was added into the game later than the others) and companions in general just do not gain or lose affection there aside from gifts (there are a couple of occassions where it has been reported that they do, but these are few and far between). It's like BW forgot to go back and add the appropriate companion reactions when they added the planet.

Also it seems that companions can only gain/loss affection from convos on planets after the planet on which you obtained them (this goes for all companions). For Ashara that is Hoth, for Andy it's Alderaan, for Xalek it's Corellia etc. If you have a mission where you have to return to an earlier planet (for example Nar Shaada), companions you gained after going to that planet the first time around still don't gain affection even if the quest chronologically would have occurred after you got them.

You wont get the points shown in convo until the end of that chain (the quest turn in. when you get your reward)

I have completed quest chains with Ashara where the AP awarded to me did not match what was being given during the conversation. (either half, or none at all)

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. Every other one of my companions gets AP just fine, but Ashara never ever gets any AP awards from ship conversations.

Yet another bug, yet another bug report, and yet another one still not fixed. I assume it'll get fixed in the same timely manner as the daily Ilum quests getting fixed...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.