The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

WHY DOES ION Cell do more damage then everything

Daecollo

You mean overall in WZs? Damage stats at the end of the match?

Yeah, probably...because the shield tech guy stays alive much longer to do their constant, lower dps. His uptime on damage delivery is constant throughout the whole match, instead of sitting at respawn banging his head on an invisible wall.

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about tactics not doing any damage. I'm tactics and in respectable gear and all but the best tanks struggle to keep threat off of me (single target threat on the primary target). Beyond that, I haven't seen a warzone in the past few days that doesn't have my name at the top of the damage meters (excluding huttball since I spend most of my time running the ball).

I don't see crits higher than around 3.5k in pvp (and that's WITH my crit/surge relic popped) but when you have several abilities that can hit within the 1.2k - 1.7k range and crit within the 2.2k - 3.5k that are all instant casts, you don't need to see a 6k pop up to know that you're melting faces.

cant tell if serious....

shield does ok damage, nothing to write home about, in full tank gear i can get 2.5k stockstrikes.

with tactics i can get 3k fire pulse, 2.5k ion pulse, gut, and then do insane damage with a 5x pulse cannon, all while in tank gear, the dps boost from chosing a dps tree instead of a tank tree is evident and obvious.

You want to do good damage as vanguard in warzones pre 50, you go Assault.

If not Assault, you go Shield. Thats true there, since you stay alive longer.

Tactics before lvl 50 is a big no no, unless as a 2nd tree after assault to place points into.

At 50 with good gear, Tactics is a great tree to have 23 points in, for pvp, or less.

The damage for PVP is done by atleast having incendiary shot to trigger your HIB shots.

Working that with Gut and the synergy in there, or even with shields synergy for stock strike, will net some nice dps.

Ion Cell, unless fixed in 1.1, does extremly low damage. It was bugged prior to 1.1

Plasma Cell does great damage with talents and that alone, together with incendiary shot gives a ton of damage.

PS: With the new warzones 1-49 going Tactics pre 50 will definately be viable.

Earlier due to lvl 50s you simply did not have the survival to go too deep in and generally performed much better staying at range, and closing in when you could as per your choosing, not cause you had to, to perform any damage.

Edited by Waagabond