Does Ilum work as intended ?

Trimsic

Please, have a look to the following image:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/lolillum.jpg

This picture shows about 100 imperial players camping the Republic base in Ilum. As soon as a Republic player spawns in his / her own base, s/he gets instantly killed. No way to escape.

EDIT

Important notice to Bioware Community managers and developers. People camping the Republic base are reporting to earn about 1000 valor points each minute, in AFK mode. Every 10 minutes, they can gain one rank, 6 ranks per hour. I do not know if these reports are true or not.

END OF EDIT

Now, let's talk a bit about the client performance, and server performance, in Ilum. On a brand new PC, Core I7 2600k + GTX 580 + 8 Gb DDR3 1600 + SSD, the frame rate is about 5 FPS, and the server response is very slow.

You told the SWToR community that your PvP development team was the best team in the world. I would like to trust you, really, but...

The fact is the open PvP aspects of the game were not ready when the game was shipped, and a month after it was released, the situation has not changed.

In my humble opinion, you should simply communicate to your customers the facts that the Open world PvP content is not ready, but it will at some point in the future, and in the meantime you should simply close the Open world PvP zone in Ilum.

Open World PvP on Ilum is under construction. Period. And stop pretending it is not, because otherwise your customers will have a very bad feedback about your standing of quality.

Edited by Trimsic

Open world pvp is open world.

The side with the most people wins most of the time.

That is how open world pvp works and how it has always worked. That people had some kind of ridiculous notion it worked differently, I do not know why.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner!

the servers are not balanced therefore everybody's on the inferiour side just logged off to complain. actually if there was a little bit more balance it would be a great place. we had some pretty nice battles today on Dresdae Cantina, of course the Imperials crushed the 'Pubs in the end (Swarming the base with a full ops group) but still I think both factions enjoyed their battles.

That is how open world pvp works and how it has always worked. That people had some kind of ridiculous notion it worked differently, I do not know why.

Did you ever play Dark Age of Camelot ?

If you did, did you ever meet such a situation in DAoC ?

So many solutions exist to avoid this camping issue, that it's just mad that none of them were implemented in SWToR. There is a simple reason for that: the Open World PvP was not ready when the game was released, and it's still not ready.

Edited by Trimsic

This is NOT how OPEN WORLD PVP works. If you want to play a PvP game that is a real one, go play Shadowbane. FACTIONS makes "Open" world PvP no longer Open. This is simply POORLY designed. As I chatted with people that play the game, I mentioned this would make PvP in Ilum completely stupid. As I went over the notes, I saw that the wording had been changed, which made me assume that this was reverted. Now it's a joke. I've never developed video games and COMMON SENSE simply told me this wouldn't *********** work.

SERIOUSLY, with game developers, do you not play on your own servers at least? Can't see which faction has double to quadruple the amount of players compared to the other faction? Are you seriously this clueless that THIS made it into the game when common sense players can figure out that it's AWFUL if you did it this way? No one gave feedback for this potential problem? I didn't even need to play on the test server to know this.

Edited by adrenalinee

I have no problem with the side with the most players winning more often. That's called strength in numbers. I do have a problem with the massive rewards associated with said victories. Sith players will be valor capped in days. Republic players won't get there until they grind all the way to max in warzones...all against Sith players who are now full Battlemasters because they valor capped in Ilum!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.