Design Notes - Game Update 1.1

CourtneyWoods

These forums just got a LOT worse after release. I want the pre-launch forums back, hehe.

On the upside, it only takes a few minutes, now, to get my fill of QQ tears. YUM!

Suck it up, people. This is still the best game that has had the best launch with the most content with the fewest bugs that any other MMO has *EVER* launched with.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QFT - an immediate shut down, rollback, and hotfix are in order. Anything less than that before the end of the day is a huge mistake.

I've been a fanboi of this game from day 1, but there have been plenty of people telling you what you were doing to Ilum wasn't going to fix it. If only they knew how right they really were.

I'm contemplating canceling my subscription for a game I've been swearing for 4 years I would sub to until it was officially closed down. Makes me sad.

So go ahead and cancel... drama queen much.

Ridiculous viewpoint. They had a whole month. THIS was meant to be the fix. First major patch release and they screwed it up, people are losing faith in bioware.

In case you havent read the customer support threads either, there are literally hundreds of players who cant even get into the game cause the client patcher is a piece of ****.

Bioware could easily lose thousands of players today. No exaggeration.

And another drama queen.... forums are full of them today.

You guys saw that game this weekend... ?

Thats what you get for racing to lvl 50. Now sit there and wait or you can leave ... until bioware fixes the issues.

100 cant get into the game.. really... i just loged on patched and game launched.

millions that can get on > hundreds that cant :D

Edited by darkwingduk

Suck it up, people. This is still the best game that has had the best launch with the most content with the fewest bugs that any other MMO has *EVER* launched with.

Jeramie, you going to be on the BioWare fanboi calendar this year?

And I did have tears. Tears of laughter at your statement that it has the fewest bugs of any MMO ever. Ha Ha.

"They see me trollin" ~JeramieCrowe

haven't you guys learned by now when people exploit, it gets nerfed soon? So if people are in Illum and messing around and exploiting etc etc etc then they are probably gonna lose their battlemaster stuff.

And it's probably based on server population too, but since I am on a PvP server I don't have a problem with Illum, if it's an extremely big outnumbering there then I won't go to Illum it's that simple lol

thank you so much bioware for this update 1.1

i noticed a huge performance boost playing swtor now in majestic full hd on low details with average 30+ fps. I got a 3 years old notebook and i appreciate the work - keep it up well done this job. I hope this fits in this thread according the game update 1.1

best regards - Henoch

haven't you guys learned by now when people exploit, it gets nerfed soon? So if people are in Illum and messing around and exploiting etc etc etc then they are probably gonna lose their battlemaster stuff.

And it's probably based on server population too, but since I am on a PvP server I don't have a problem with Illum, if it's an extremely big outnumbering there then I won't go to Illum it's that simple lol

QFT :cool:

Repeat after me.

Turrets DO NOT GIVE VALOR. I have killed 5 turrets now and received no valor from any of them. I wish people would quit spreading these lies.

As for the QQ about lag from the PvP area. I hate to tell you, but absolutely NO GAME CREATED can handle 200+ people in one tiny area spamming graphically intense abilities. Its not happening.

DAoC did just fine. Though sometimes when we got up to 500+ people in a small area, the servers would start to have problems.

Reading comprehension FTL. He said:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ has had a very successful launch, but we know our work has only begun.

No where in that dev post did he say that "1.1 has had a very successful launch". No where.

So, my *** must be pretty smart, since I didn't even have to use my head to understand that.

ALSO check this

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

THEY even made the thread about it, so rather than complain here and talk about "they don't reach out to the player base they don't do this or that or ask for your opinion"

That should show how dumb that kind of statement is in a situation like this, they made the thread on the problems already and ask for feedback there so if you really want a change go here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1790513

Otherwise you're just trolling ;)

Reading comprehension FTL. He said:

No where in that dev post did he say that "1.1 has had a very successful launch". No where.

So, my *** must be pretty smart, since I didn't even have to use my head to understand that.

Derp. Patch 1.1 = Rise of the Rakhgouls. You should be at school learning how to comprehend text.

*edit* the title of the post is even called Game Update 1.1 - l2read

Edited by Shzwinnng

If your all done talking about that icy planet in the Unknown Regions, I found the following part of the blogpost interesting:

"Expect a few surprises between these Game Updates, too. You never know when the Republic might strike Dromund Kaas, if a mysterious alien fleet could appear in the Core Worlds… or when the Rakghoul plague of Taris might infect the rest of the Galaxy. Changes are coming, and they’ll affect everyone. "

The patch name Rakghouls rising, makes me think that this isn´t tha last we have seen of those strange critters.

Sorry patch 1.1 killed the game for me.Unsubbed and removed my payment info from the site.Might come back in a few months but unsure as to what went wrong with it.

Sorry guys,patch 1.1 just wasn't any good,untested properly or someone didn't listen to the bugs/exploits/hackers of the test server :(

adios :(

ok my pc just updated the patch now when i go and put my pasword and key in... i hit play and the game wont come up now... wth ive tried repair and everything

Mine did this only it was after the patch and I unchecked the win xp sp3 mode in compatibility setting. I wanted to test and see how it worked out but when I unchecked the setting, I could get to launcher, enter info, hit play, back to desktop.

Re-check the mode, get to launcher, enter info, hit play, game loads.... U DUNNOOO!!! why it does that.

If your all done talking about that icy planet in the Unknown Regions, I found the following part of the blogpost interesting:

"Expect a few surprises between these Game Updates, too. You never know when the Republic might strike Dromund Kaas, if a mysterious alien fleet could appear in the Core Worlds… or when the Rakghoul plague of Taris might infect the rest of the Galaxy. Changes are coming, and they’ll affect everyone. "

The patch name Rakghouls rising, makes me think that this isn´t tha last we have seen of those strange critters.

I am curious to see how "events" will work here. Hopefully the window of opportunity is not too small.

aside part where patch is repairing nothing and breaking pvp, can anyone tell me why i have loading screen while im: loading fighting standing afk or anything else ?

Its funny cause we are going to pay 30.000.000 euros straight into ea/biowere pocket.

That's a bad deal ;]

Btw that thing about Jedi knight/sith warrior they are invincible now 1v1 nice ^^

Edited by Pezol