Servers Need to be Shut Down NOW

madmarttigann

If all of the turret bug posts on this forum are true and empire is gaining ridiculous valor the servers need to be shut down NOW and all valor gains need to be reset for the day. I have put up with a lot of stuff from this game, but I just reached BM in a legit manner this week and nothing will piss me off more than to see 500 scrub Empire people get BM in a matter of hours. This is absolutely ridiculous and will cause me to unsub. I don't care about getting outnumbered 10-1, I will get my buddies on and we will roll through them when we want, but this bug is unacceptable and completely breaks the game.

This needs to be hotfixed immediately.

Remember the new year's pvp update?

Open World PvP on Ilum: The planet of Ilum currently allows for open world PvP even on a PvE server, but the mechanics and incentives of the planet are not in as intended yet. We’re working on longer term goals for the planet and for other PvP areas, but expect to see some interim adjustments in January - such as more respawn points to focus conflicts, restricting Companion Characters from the area, and revisions to rewards. Ilum will also become a major source of Valor. Valor buffs will increase and decrease based on the objectives your faction owns. These buffs increase the amount of Valor you receive per player kill. However they do not give anything in and of themselves, so players will still need to defeat other players for significant Valor rewards. Additionally, daily and weekly missions will require player kills to complete. Player kills for quests and Valor credit will have diminishing returns per player killed. So, the more players that are fighting other players, the better it is for everyone.

L O L

I have never even SEEN this in a game before. How do you go from non existent world PvP to DESTROYING the game in one patch when you have been testing it for weeks!?!

So, messing up world PVP on one planet = destroying a game?

Interesting.

I agree, it's a huge blunder, but there's a whole lot of people that could care less about PvP in general, let alone world pvp on ilum.

I went ahead and unsubscribed. If they remedy this appropriately I will resubscribe and I said this in my cancellation. That's really the best way to make sure it happens. And, if it doesn't happen, then I see that this is not a game that I want to be a part of.

Ruining the game in one fell swoop has to be applauded really.

See, this kind of stuff just kills me.

I mean, look at it from a very personal, human angle. These are people who spent YEARS of their lives making this game. YEARS! And then, ONE DAY before the first billing cycle, they do THIS?!

This isn't funny. It's tragic. It's like watching someone train their whole life to climb mount Everest only to slip and break their spine coming out of the car at the foot of the mountain.

So, messing up world PVP on one planet = destroying a game?

Interesting.

I agree, it's a huge blunder, but there's a whole lot of people that could care less about PvP in general, let alone world pvp on ilum.

im pretty sure you mean couldn't care less

but yeh who am i to tell you how to use proper english.

If all of the turret bug posts on this forum are true and empire is gaining ridiculous valor the servers need to be shut down NOW and all valor gains need to be reset for the day. I have put up with a lot of stuff from this game, but I just reached BM in a legit manner this week and nothing will piss me off more than to see 500 scrub Empire people get BM in a matter of hours. This is absolutely ridiculous and will cause me to unsub. I don't care about getting outnumbered 10-1, I will get my buddies on and we will roll through them when we want, but this bug is unacceptable and completely breaks the game.

This needs to be hotfixed immediately.

Seconded! I prefer to be the underdog, but when they release broken and un-controlled crap like this? Then my thoughts start drifting of towards other games and my plans to re-sub vanishes :p

Seconded! I prefer to be the underdog, but when they release broken and un-controlled crap like this? Then my thoughts start drifting of towards other games and my plans to re-sub vanishes :p

Not tolling, but what other games? Any decent PvP mmo out there currently?