Improved FPS + AA for me

SethTheSith

Yay for a drop in moving jagged edges!

I see an awful amount of people saying they are having trouble. I guess I was just fortunate.

For me, I noticed that my max fps has gone from ~60 to ~80.

And that's with the new feature, antialiasing, enabled. (on high) I expected my FPS to drop with it enabled, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Who else here is seeing these performance increases rather than decreases?

I haven't noticed any major FPS increase, but it's interesting that my FPS didn't take a hit at all even though AA was on High.

That being said, the patch has gone back to making my computer run extremely noisily, as it did during beta. I flipped AA off to see if that fixed it, and it did somewhat, but it's still way noisier than before patch. Kindof crazy.

Yay for a drop in moving jagged edges!

I see an awful amount of people saying they are having trouble. I guess I was just fortunate.

For me, I noticed that my max fps has gone from ~60 to ~80.

And that's with the new feature, antialiasing, enabled. (on high) I expected my FPS to drop with it enabled, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Who else here is seeing these performance increases rather than decreases?

My performance didn't increase, but I definitely am pleased with AA, and my fps did not drop AT all even with AA on High. Cheers!

I look forward to testing this when I get home from work and have had some dinner..

What's your computer spec btw?

16gb ram, 3.2ghz cpu and just one HD6850 (1gb gpu). I would have better performance I'm sure if Bioware would allow my crossfired gpu to benefit the game. (It's been force-disabled since launch?)

My performance didn't increase, but I definitely am pleased with AA, and my fps did not drop AT all even with AA on High. Cheers!

I have no idea why my max fps went up some, but it isn't really noticeable since my fps when moving my camera around and doing stuff is the same. There probably was not a performance increase, but maybe a cap fps increase for a few people for some reason that we may never know.

I haven't noticed any major FPS increase, but it's interesting that my FPS didn't take a hit at all even though AA was on High.

That being said, the patch has gone back to making my computer run extremely noisily, as it did during beta. I flipped AA off to see if that fixed it, and it did somewhat, but it's still way noisier than before patch. Kindof crazy.

Sounds like your gpu fan is struggling more to keep your card cool. If it is intensely loud, I suggest looking in to your temperature.

why you would want 80FPS is beyond me, stop making your video card overwork Vsync is your friend

80 fps max (while standing still). While actually playing, I only get around 20-40. If my minimum was around 50, I'd be thrilled. (And it would be if crossfire worked) I have vsync on to kill the screen tearing I was getting, and it doesn't drop my fps anything too noticeable.

Edited by SethTheSith

Just a note that AA isn't actually new. You could enable it by editing an .ini file prior to 1.1

Actually, I tried that method in the past, and found that the game wouldn't launch when I did. I'm sure I didn't make a mistake, as I checked and double checked and checked again the text I put into the file. In fact, I just checked my .ini and the new AA line is the same as what I put in the past. I'm lucky they had AA in this patch, because whatever they did, they got it working for me now.