Gunslinger Sharpshooter VS Dirty Fighting DPS (Theorycraft)

Bearaids

So tonight since there was no combat log i figured id be all hardcore and fraps the same fight first boss in Eternity Vault hard mode.

My Sharpshooter attempts i turned out to do 394,782 DMG Within a 9 Minutes fight (Im going to keep it at 9 Minutes Becuase thats easy'r math)

Dirty Fighting i Turned out to do 321,871 DMG now keep in mind it was my first time playing the spec and i was Greatly confused on how to play the spec at first.

So the Numbers are

Sharpshooter - 394,782/540 = 731.077777778 DPS

Dirty Fighting - 321,871/540 = 596.057407.... DPS

Fact of the matter is I might be a better skilled sharpshooter, And i also might have speced the Dirty fighting tree wrong as well. If anyone would like to publish their findings that would be good.

On a Boss that has 1,600,000 Health Ive clearly done my share =D

(8 Man Raid BTW)

Edited by Bearaids

I have found SS is extremely good for PvE and okay for PvP. DF is extremely good for PvP, all that internal damage, and okay for PvE.

SS is better suited for PvE encounters due to the increase in regen from Foxhole and a simpler rotation than DF. That static regen talent far out weighs Fighting Spirit.

DF is great for gun and run in PvP.

the one thing to keep in mind is movement. A lot of the end game bosses from what i have experienced have mechanics that force you to move around, while df might have slightly lower dps in terms of raw numbers, it might do overall the same in the fight because ss needs to spend time moving and has much lower dps when doing this.

I havn't done a ton of end game PVE, but I noticed that we dont have a lot of aoe attacks. Our grenade, sweeping fire, and XS. I play SS by the way. I personally havn't played DF, but from my experience SS is bad ***** in pvp! I can easily finish in the top 3 damage every map, and I have low deaths. I dont have a problem with moving around. I personally really enjoy using the cover mechanic and think it is really advantageous for us. I especially like the roll to cover.

-For anyone having cover problems, dont use the cover abilities. Change your cover settings in preferences. It makes it react faster.

Well I have given both a try thru the last two EV runs and I actually found DF to work better. SS does have better burst and on fights where I can pretty much be a turret the dps output is much better.

But on a lot of fights you have to be more mobile. You can't stay in the same place to long and there are going to be times where you have to move, break LoS, or when bosses swap phases. I can keep the dots up 24/7 and its really easy to toss up hemo for when I know I need to move. Think the boss in EV with the platforms and lava pools. So I am doing more consistent damage.

I think though you might not be optimizing your gearing and rotation for DF. My primary stats are crit - surge - cunning. I've found that power is not as important as crit. Power doesnt seem to up the dot damage by much, but every dot crit gets me 2 energy back so when I hit the 45-50 crit range which puts my dot crit rate around 75-80% I can really get away with spamming dps abilities.

Toss hemo and my dots up, the armor debuff, do wounding shots, and then spam charged burst while I am waiting for CD's and to reapply the dots. With enough crit the energy regen is simply game changing.

For straight up dmg per energy I dont think you can beat SS... but imo you trade it for reduced movability, less aoe dmg (although X flyo is still awesome no matter what spec).

I have not really used a high sabo spec except for pvp and it lasted an hour or so :p

DF, done some hardmodes/pvp. It is hard to manage energy but once you get the hang of it is pretty potent, very mobile etc.... I pull aggro more on DF though than SS.

I suppose it just depends on playstyle.