FPS issue can't be ATI

Inraika

Who said it was? I peak just of 135 in game and i run 2 - 4870 HD dark nights. AMD Phenom 2x4 3.6 BB. on a SD drive.. So i dont see much lag period, but this game was not designed for ATI it was ment for Invidia.

Who said it was? I peak just of 135 in game and i run 2 - 4870 HD dark nights. AMD Phenom 2x4 3.6 BB. on a SD drive.. So i dont see much lag period, but this game was not designed for ATI it was ment for Invidia.

People I see are blaming ATI for the FPS issues.

Pretty sure it was designed to work on almost any computer.... It does not make sense to throw half of your market under the bus. Really it will come down to driver support, and for a game this big, its just a waiting game. My guess is new AMD drivers will be out soon and will really improve the performance on their side of things.

BTW

Rocking an AMD 6950 with great FPS.

Edited by Culveren

135 eh?

Funny, game caps @ 111 FPS.

Lets' see a screenshot.

5 of these are posted every week. lol

135.. I have 10 times the graphics and I max out at 111 FPS like everyone else.

P.S. ATI has always been a problem.

135 eh?

Funny, game caps @ 111 FPS.

Lets' see a screenshot.

5 of these are posted every week. lol

135.. I have 10 times the graphics and I max out at 111 FPS like everyone else.

P.S. ATI has always been a problem.

I wonder if you are biased against AMD? LOL.

$20,000 over the course of 12 years. I know what I'm what i'm talking about.

Everyone can take it for a grain of salt for all I care. I've bought and I have owned , benchmarked it, overclocked it.

It's all cheap garbage on roll back from wal-mart.

People buy it because it's red, "cool looking" and cheap. Just like Apple products.

Makes me sad.

computer hardware fanboys are.....embarrassing...

If only they saw themselves as most people do.

...and if you're wondering, I'll buy ATI or nvidia, whatever best suits my needs for the price range at the time of purchase.

Everyone can take it for a grain of salt for all I care. I've bought and I have owned , benchmarked it, overclocked it.

People buy it because it's red, "cool looking" and cheap. Just like Apple products.

Makes me sad.

Apple products are far from cheap, and they do not look "cool"

Not to mention that AMD has the most expensive single GPU on the market, and also the fastest single GPU.

Personally i go by Bang for buck. And frankly 6950s in crossfire is a damn good setup, it benches 25% faster than a GTX 580 and does it for less than 125% of the cost.

Bulldozer is one story, but there are a number of AMD products that excel in gaming, regardless of your experience. Just look at the benchmarks.

I buy what is the best deal at the time for what i need to do, be it green or red, AMD or intel, if it works it works.

Edited by Culveren

AMD is a performance leader right now. The drivers need some work, but there's nothing wrong with the hardware. In fact I've never had an ATI/AMD video card die, every one I've ever owned are still running in some machine daily. Every Nvidia card I've owned has died - anecdotal, but relevant.

Here's a bit from AMD's site:

"Home of the world’s fastest GPU for 790 days and counting"

Makes me sad.

Lol nothing wrong with AMD/ATI just a bigger bang for the buck! Intel/nvidia are great but im not going to break the bank to get small improvements in gaming unless I go extreme on A 1K CPU for a few games! I still get around 90 fps on my 2yr old system!

Makes me sad.

Still, it can't be all ATI cards... as posted in the topic starter.

I'm generally over 90 with my 5870 (with AA forced to 8x16, mipmap quality all the way up, texture filtering all the way up, etc), but I drop down to 30ish in the fleet. What's more, it doesn't seem to matter what my settings are like in the fleet, I drop down to 30ish no matter what.

Also 16BG of 1600MHz DDR3, PhenomII 965 OCed to 3700. Memory and CPU usage are both well, well below what they could be.

I have a feeling the game isn't utilizing as many system resources as it could be, for some reason.

I wonder if you are biased against AMD? LOL.

LOL indeed. Hardware fanboys are even more pathetic than computer game fanboys, because it really is all laid out in black and white with hardware, not much room for subjectivity.

ATI actually has a good advantage in this game due to having larger memory pools. Check benchmarks at 1920x1080 or higher, I promise you wont see an nvidia card winning. Not a fanboy, I have two comps running intel/nvidia and amd/ati, they were both built to my needs at the time. ATI WILL perform better in swtor. And the 7990, well, anyone who says its not as good as a gtx580 is just plain ignorant. I'm sure nvidia will answer back with something faster for twice the price, but the 7990 is the absolute fastest single gpu card on the market right now, and at the same price as the gtx 580. I am building a system next week actually, and it will be intel 3930/ati 7970, because that is the best I can do on my budget(err, my budget set by my wife) and that is the best platform a person can build for under 2.5k right now. Edited by spaceship

• 2 months later...

Sorry to zombie this thread but I have the same as everyone else, I get capped @ 111FPS but drop to 60 on the fleet when there's a few hundred walking around, even though my system can handle it perfectly fine. I have it on 1920x1080 with max settings and forced AA. Currently I'm on these specs:

• Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 Intel Z68 (1155) DDR3 Motherboard

• Intel Core i5-2500K LGA1155 (Clocked @ 4.3GHz on this test)

• Sapphire HD 6950 "Dual Fan Edition" 2GB (Unlocked Shaders, 880MHz Core - 1325MHz Memory)

• Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB 1600MHz (1333MHz on this test)

• XFX 650W XXX Edition PSU

• Gelid Tranquillo CPU Cooler

I don't really care if it's BW's engine or AMD's drivers but I would love a fix for some areas where spikes can happen, rare but you get them.

Edited by Preykousis

AMD is a performance leader right now. The drivers need some work, but there's nothing wrong with the hardware. In fact I've never had an ATI/AMD video card die, every one I've ever owned are still running in some machine daily. Every Nvidia card I've owned has died - anecdotal, but relevant.

Here's a bit from AMD's site:

"Home of the world’s fastest GPU for 790 days and counting"

I own ATI right now, and I have had an ATI card die on me. I think it was the 9800 pro.

ATI actually has a good advantage in this game due to having larger memory pools. Check benchmarks at 1920x1080 or higher, I promise you wont see an nvidia card winning. Not a fanboy, I have two comps running intel/nvidia and amd/ati, they were both built to my needs at the time. ATI WILL perform better in swtor. And the 7990, well, anyone who says its not as good as a gtx580 is just plain ignorant. I'm sure nvidia will answer back with something faster for twice the price, but the 7990 is the absolute fastest single gpu card on the market right now, and at the same price as the gtx 580. I am building a system next week actually, and it will be intel 3930/ati 7970, because that is the best I can do on my budget(err, my budget set by my wife) and that is the best platform a person can build for under 2.5k right now.

7990 is not out yet and it will not be a single GPU card.

Fastest card single gpu card right now is GTX 680. It will be released soon.

Seems like Nvidia is going to win this war between the graphics card. Taking back the title from AMD who has had it for two generations now.