Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

:rolleyes:

This thread shows the many many people that feel *entitled* to get something their way.

I work third shift, and on my days off, my play time is NIGHT, as in, right during regular maintenance hours. I also, when I get off work, play mornings....during...regular...maintenance hours.

There are a lot of people that play during those times. But not NEARLY as many that play on weekends, and in the afternoons, evenings.

I however, realize that I am in the minority, and that asking Bioware (or really, any MMO) to reschedule their times around MY off time is silly. No matter what, SOMEONE SOMEWHERE will be affected. Asking Bioware to adjust for YOU PERSONALLY will, of course, SCREW SOMEONE ELSE.

The sense of entitlement in this post is just... Staggering. "I don't complain so you shouldn't complain either even if you feel you are receiving worse service for higher price for no real reason!"

Come on.

Yes, the servers have to be down during someone's prime time, but it should be the time when the least amount of people are playing. That's the night. A lot of people like to point out that many people are working during EU maintenance hours. While that is true, there are also a lot of players to whom that is a good time to play. There are a lot of school kids playing this game for example, many of them get home way before the maintenance ends, especially if it gets extended. There are also retired people, unemployed people, people who don't work 9 to 17... That's a lot of people there, much more people affected than would be affected by nighttime maintenance.

It just doesn't matter if we get patches a bit later or a bit earlier if it means better maintenance time.

I really like this game and I don't like to see people unsubbing because of something so easily avoidable (JUST SCHEDULE THE MAINTENANCE DURING THE NIGHT)... Yet they are unsubbing and this is one of the reasons.

Edited by Yvin
edited quote

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither did I read my post please. I want them to just to shut up all the whiners in this forum. This forum is a PR disaster, if someone come here looking for information about the game and the quality of it they would not touch it with a barge pole. There are 3 options to appease the small minority of EU players that are inconvenienced by maintenance taking part when the majority of the EU is at work or school.

Cycle maintenance times. Not going to happen, they’re fine as they are thank you.

Split NA/Oceanic/EU shard maintenance to the middle of the night. Could happen but it depends where your technicians are located, if the majority of the team is in the US and its only really hardware that’s located in the EU then you need to pay your technicians in the US to stay awake all day and night to patch servers as and when it’s convenient for that regions player base.

With that option you also get the “It’s unfair that Region A gets their patch before Region B and gets all the World/Raid Boss kills first and ……..” crowd moaning on the forum.

Final option, leave things as they are, it works fine, it really does.

But Obviously it does not work fine and if during the day is ok then why should USA have it at night? Because At night is when most players are not playing

Not everyone works till 6pm, not every school last till 6pm and why should we not complain and warn others

We will not be ignored and sit quietly. Either they listen and acknowledge or loose subs (which they are already)

IF YOU LIVE IN EU BE WARNED BW WILL NOT LISTEN NOR CARE ABOUT YOU... RUN GO TO ANOTHER MMO WHERE YOUR EURO MATTERS.

and PST: the game being down from 10-4 gmt is not actually the case when 2 of the 4 times they have been down till 6:30 gmt which for me is 8:30 gmt +2

SO NO IT IS NOT OK FOR THEM TO IGNORE US NOR WILL WE ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO COME HERE AND BE MISTREATED

What really astounds me is that i see so many americans telling us europeans to just live with it.

Don't you understand that all we're asking for is seperate maintenance times for the EU servers? it's not like we want maintenance done in the middle of the day for american servers or something.

You americans stand to lose nothing by supporting us in wanting seperate maintenances.

So why are you always in these threads telling people to "just live with it"?

Actually, why would you even care?

What really astounds me is that i see so many americans telling us europeans to just live with it.

Don't you understand that all we're asking for is seperate maintenance times for the EU servers? it's not like we want maintenance done in the middle of the day for american servers or something.

You americans stand to lose nothing by supporting us in wanting seperate maintenances.

So why are you always in these threads telling people to "just live with it"?

Actually, why would you even care?

Separate Maintenance times for US and EU servers DOES make sense actually. It's only 4 or 5 hours difference. If there is not separate Teams for each Server cluster there should be so this is do-able.

I support this.

Separate Maintenance times for US and EU servers DOES make sense actually. It's only 4 or 5 hours difference. If there is not separate Teams for each Server cluster there should be so this is do-able.

I support this.

The EU servers are physically in Dublin, Ireland. Logically, there is a seperate server crew handling these.

What I think is that the server crew in Dublin is not trained to actually do patches on their own yet, resulting in the Americans having to do it remotely instead to ensure that the windows are short.

Obviously, EA/BW could also be completely uncaring about their potentially largest playerbase and think "they'll eat it because they have to", to which I can only say that BW will learn, and FAST.

Night time maintenance for EU should be HIGHEST priority as a LOT of subs are already hanging in the balance because of only this. It's just stupid not to fix such a glaring issue.

Most people in Europe work "in the middle of the day", which makes it, by definition off peak-hours for an online game (that is something people don't generally do while working, yanno).

Don't you? :rolleyes:

Yeah, except that 4PM GMT is 6pm my time and I have definitely come home at that time. Add into this various problems usually arising post-patch, like inability to patch correctly and trouble on Biowares end, this easily messes up my entire evening, already has done so at least once. (autoupdater not patching correctly and whatnot). I know Im not eligible to complain because of Eula, but so far patching has been done pretty poorly.

If we have separate servers for EU and US, why cant the patch time be separate too?

ps. Also not every player goes to work.

Edited by Karkais

The EU servers are physically in Dublin, Ireland. Logically, there is a seperate server crew handling these.

What I think is that the server crew in Dublin is not trained to actually do patches on their own yet, resulting in the Americans having to do it remotely instead to ensure that the windows are short.

Obviously, EA/BW could also be completely uncaring about their potentially largest playerbase and think "they'll eat it because they have to", to which I can only say that BW will learn, and FAST.

Night time maintenance for EU should be HIGHEST priority as a LOT of subs are already hanging in the balance because of only this. It's just stupid not to fix such a glaring issue.

If it were just a matter of training the crew, why hasn't BioWare come forward and told us that? I'm pretty sure almost everyone making a fuss in this thread would've been content knowing that the crew is being trained and that they're working on separate maintenance schedules. But so far, nothing...

I have a nagging suspicion that BioWare is working on a very wordy and very carefully formulated, diplomatic way of saying that Europe can drop dead. Why else would they maintain complete and total silence if not to find a way to

?

Surprised i can still post tbh, dont have an active sub anymore. Part of the reason is this maintenance, then ofc there is the ability delay, and terrible CS.

Crossing my fingers for BW/EA seeing the light and gives us seperate main times.

I imagine that most people that aren't just a drain on their society are working between 10am and 4pm and thus it is an off peak time.

I imagine that the world is not flat and that time zones do matter.

For example, 4PM GMT is actually 5PM for more than half of Europe and 6PM for another 30% and i'm not even going to mention the Russian players (whom, for some strange reason, did not have access to the CE although they got an official launch(!?!?)) whom are the worst hit bunch of them all by this crappy maintenance schedule.

I'm also, of course, imagining Bioware stating, more than once, that the maintenance will take place "tonight"which of course contradict my first statement, that the world is not flat. If we were to agree with Bioware then the world is surely flat... Either that or they are completly ignorant, falling into the stereotype of >not going to mention which< nation...

But hey, my imagination just went wild...

If it were just a matter of training the crew, why hasn't BioWare come forward and told us that? I'm pretty sure almost everyone making a fuss in this thread would've been content knowing that the crew is being trained and that they're working on separate maintenance schedules. But so far, nothing...

I have a nagging suspicion that BioWare is working on a very wordy and very carefully formulated, diplomatic way of saying that Europe can drop dead. Why else would they maintain complete and total silence if not to find a way to

?

Indeed - I am also suspecting that Bioware has severely underestimated how big an issue this is to EU players.

I know quite a lot of guildies who've already know been going "ANOTHER day lost, ***?".

BW could fix a lot by adding some free days to our subs, in case of unexpected maintenance days, but the biggest fix would definitely be to set up night time maintenance.

I am tired of this stupid situation.

I was really hoping they would change the times of maintenance to Europe so we have our maintenance taking place during early morning OUR time as they did for the US. Obviously we are not as important to Bioware...

So if we are not as important then our money isnt either.

I dont care what the fanboys will type after this, and if a response from them is of the type.. "bye!" my answer is.... You can say that once or twice, but how does it feel playing on a dead server with maintenance?

Maybe they will extend maintenance a bit later so it will be on your peak time once or twice, then we will see how you feel.

Am not paying for this anymore!

No matter what you guys do, No matter what time Bioware would prefer taking the servers down, It would still affect someones game time. The maintenance fall on my rest day from work 2pm - 10pm. sucks right? but I love the game and I would continue to pay for it. :D

No matter what you guys do, No matter what time Bioware would prefer taking the servers down, It would still affect someones game time. The maintenance fall on my rest day from work 2pm - 10pm. sucks right? but I love the game and I would continue to pay for it. :D

You wouldn't be affected if the maintenance was done like it is in America, right? From 2 AM to 8 AM. In fact, quite a lot of people would be unaffected. More people would be unaffected during this time than during any other time.

Which brings us to the actual request: give America its own schedule for maintenance, and give the same to the Europeans. It's better than giving Europe the finger.

You wouldn't be affected if the maintenance was done like it is in America, right? From 2 AM to 8 AM. In fact, quite a lot of people would be unaffected. More people would be unaffected during this time than during any other time.

Which brings us to the actual request: give America its own schedule for maintenance, and give the same to the Europeans. It's better than giving Europe the finger.

Any player may access US or Europe server. Would you like people from EU jumping to US servers if its time for their maintenance?

Irritating...

Working away for a week and got back late Friday night. This morning (and right now) servers unavailable. My pretty short gaming window is obsolete as it looks like I set off Sunday to earn money of which contributes to the subscription.

Sure it's difficult to patch production servers without a comprimise. I face the problem every day but on this scale do they not have standby servers that are already patched and waiting to be rolled out to minimise disruption. i.e. high availability!!!

At least two prior patches released have already caused me frustration. They were fixed the next day but what kind of testing is carried out or are we still beta testing?

So far pleased with the game and generally the work the guys and girls are doing behind the scenes but... patching can be done more efficiently?

Problem isnt taking the servers down the problem is the time difference there is between US and EU servers and on a weekend taking the servers down for 5½ hours US night time would be EU daytime (prime time on weekends) So the best option would be to take the European servers down first fix them and then take the US down or take the US servers down wait 18 hours and then do the same with the european servers!

Cancelled my sub:

I am sick and tired of being second class citizen, your continual choosing to carry out patches during European prime time is not acceptable.

I could tolerate till 12am on Saturday but to have it extended with no explanation no ETA and to then prevent comment posting on the forums ranks of utter contempt for the player base.

You should consider it telling that less than a month after release most of my friends have stopped playing due to the obvious Empire favouring bugs not being dealt with or the face rolling Operatives 3 shotting people with stim buffs.

I can only hope the next MMO being developed does not hire your CR's or Developers because you've failed to learn from Warhammer in fact you've gotten worse.

Regards

PS in case your wondering what I mean by European try this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

Today's maintenance was really a sick joke. Shutting servers down for six hours during a timeframe when most of EU players are free to play the game to fix one (sic!sic!sic!) and not that widespread or critical issue???

Also, the lack of any official response discussing reasons for doing the maintenance the way its done at the moment is downright insulting.

EU player - sub cancelled.

Got to love the patience in the gaming community. Seriously what do you want them to do. Not patch at all. Guys this is best time for most since MOST people are at work period. Now this weekend i am impressed they are actually patching a problem on the weekend. I can not take any one serious that says i cancel my sub blah blah blah. They really don't care if you threaten them. I am sure they will tell you the same thing.

It was a server side patch not client side. Why the hell didn't they take the servers down during off peak hours based on server location?

This saturdays rage was preventable.

I can understand problems with lack of version control if client is updated but for a server only update.

Bioware deserve this rage

I could be wrong did anyones client actually update or are you using the same client you were using yesterday?

Edited by corbanite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.