Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

So now we have a maintenance session scheduled from between 2pm and 6pm GMT, or 6pm and 10pm in some EU parts of the EU.

Yes I know there are people exploiting the game, yes I know a patch is required, but it is still unacceptable that patching or maintenance is done during PRIME TIME.

So BioWare releases a patch that totally screws Ilum, then they decide to release a patch at a time that once again inconveniences the EU the most. Sorry, but this has gone beyond a joke.

Edited by Mandrax

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but this has gone beyond a joke.

We need to make it more expensive for them to keep the current system, in order to change. Reduce your sub time (if it's over a month) to 1 month or unsub with reason: "EU maintenance times". It's EA, it's the only way they will change the system, if it's more expensive for them to keep it (by losing subs).

All that bioware has to do is to compremice between eu and the us...If they will make the maintenance 4 hours earlyer then nobody has major issues.

Now they just give the Us players the best part..let just split the cake fairly!!!

Edited by hages

which would require either seperate clients, or completely disabling character creation on whatever servers are up while the others are down.

I am going to assume you have never played another MMO, so will say that the following games have seperate maintenance times (that I know of):

• Everquest
  • Everquest 2
  • LoTRO
  • WoW
  • Rift

So why can't Bioware manage it.

We already have gameservers in Ireland so it's not a timezone thing.

All that bioware has to do is to compremice between eu and the us...If they will make the maintenance 4 hours earlyer then nobody has major issues.

Now they just give the Us players the best part..let just split the cace fairly!!!

so instead of 2am central they should push it back to 10pm? Thats even worse! I feel for the EU people, but that would cancel out all 4 timezones in the continental US's prime time.

unless you mean tommorow's mait, in which yeah, i agree.

I am going to assume you have never played another MMO, so will say that the following games have seperate maintenance times (that I know of):

• Everquest
  • Everquest 2
  • LoTRO
  • WoW
  • Rift

We already have gameservers in Ireland so it's not a timezone thing.

I've played WoW, LoTRO, EQ 1 and 2. The thing is, NA accounts cannot play on EU servers and vice versa. Thats not the same here.

Edited by Clova

so instead of 2am central they should push it back to 10pm? Thats even worse! I feel for the EU people, but that would cancel out all 4 timezones in the continental US's prime time.

As the Americans (in the main) that come here sying get a life blah blah, then I'm sure they won't complain about losing their gametime.

So that's alright then.

I really don't understand all these people that think it'd be some massive technical undertaking to have the different servers brought down at different times. As has been mentioned time and time again, a bunch of first timers in Trion can manage to do it, so and industry behemoth in EA should be able to.

As for US players flooding to EU servers (why would they? They're still getting their patches and maintenance at the same time, their actual slowest time) then good! If they want to come play here, we might have some people on the servers for a change, instead of the pathetically few you come across on our lonely, lonely travels in the instanced world that Bioware have created.

As the Americans (in the main) that come here sying get a life blah blah, then I'm sure they won't complain about losing their gametime.

So that's alright then.

Not really. Theres a big difference between 8-11pm prime time start and a 10am start.

We need to make it more expensive for them to keep the current system, in order to change. Reduce your sub time (if it's over a month) to 1 month or unsub with reason: "EU maintenance times". It's EA, it's the only way they will change the system, if it's more expensive for them to keep it (by losing subs).

Already done it, I'm away for a few days so can't play anyway so thought it wasn't worth resubbing until I get back. I can't see it making a difference though. It seems as though they really aren't bothered. With all the posts about it, they go and schedule maintenance during prime time in parts of Europe. They really don't give a stuff and I don't see them ever changing their policy.

I've played WoW, LoTRO, EQ 1 and 2. The thing is, NA accounts cannot play on EU servers and vice versa. Thats not the same here.

I kow in EQ2 and EQ they can play on all servers. So it's still not a logistical problem but a definative choice by a developer to exclude and penalise portions of the community.

I understand most Americans have an issue believing anything exists East of New York, but there's a whole world out there.

That is a bold faced lie. You can most certainly play on US or the two EU servers in EQ2 by selecting which region you want on the launcher.

If you want to back up your argument, don't resort to lying to do so.

I kow in EQ2 and EQ they can play on all servers. So it's still not a logistical problem but a definative choice by a developer to exclude and penalise portions of the community.

I understand most Americans have an issue believing anything exists East of New York, but there's a whole world out there.

I NEVER said ANYTHING about Americans. In fact, when they moved up the start time to 8am central for tommorow, I was just as irritated for EU ebcause i know that goes into their prime time.

I know you like to sterotype, but a lot of us yanks are not selfish primadonnas.

Because it's EA, not Bioware.

btw the message for maintenance atm reads "16:00 to 20:00" for where I live, the hours I CAN play is usually 16:00 to 23:00 my time... nice lol. If that's not PRIME time, what is it?

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

What instead of cancelling out all four European ones instead. Obviously in your opinion we dont count.

What they at least should have done is kept it at the 11 until 4GMT they had originally stated, its bad enough as it still kills hours of prime time for the far side of europe but at least there was still some of it left for all.

That is a bold faced lie. You can most certainly play on US or the two EU servers in EQ2 by selecting which region you want on the launcher.

Fine, well i know WoW works differently. Probably because it needs to support such a large and global pop.

I appologise for generalizing that to ALL MMO's then. In fact, if i got anything wrong, Im sorry. Guess I got too used to WoW's systems.

Edited by Clova

I know, I used to runa West Coast US guild in EQ for quite a while. I live in UK but work weird hours, so a 7pm PST raid time was actually good :)

But now I work late evenings in the UK so my prime time is during the day here.

I NEVER said ANYTHING about Americans. In fact, when they moved up the start time to 8am central for tommorow, I was just as irritated for EU ebcause i know that goes into their prime time.

I know you like to sterotype, but a lot of us yanks are not selfish primadonnas.

That's why I said "most", certainly in this thread at any rate.

But my apologies if you felt I included you in that stereotype.

Fine, well i know WoW works differently. Probably because it needs to support such a large and global pop.

Look I am not a WoW fan boy, but you CAN'T compare the support of Blizzard with EA or Bioware. I have a friend working for Blizzard, you just CAN'T... those guys are professional and take support seriously and spend a lot of cash for it, because they know it brings them subs.

EA is cheap, as simple as that, this is why we don;t have different maintenance times.

That's why I said "most", certainly in this thread at any rate.

But my apologies if you felt I included you in that stereotype.

Well, being ganged up on by 3 EUs that are rightfully irritated but seemingly outsourcing their anger on me, who isnt even one of those who says "Its EU, dont care"... GAH!!!:mad: