Which Mac book pro Should i get?

Scyln

So i am currently thinking about replacing my current Laptop with a Mac Book Pro. This isnt a thread about PC VS MAC i don't care what you say about PC i want a mac book. Now that this is over with.

I am looking at the 15" 2.2GHz quad-core

Intel Core i7

4GB 1333MHz

500GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB GDDR5

Built-in battery (7 hours)2

It is possible that i would get the one with the 1gb dedicated video memory.

So basically i wanna know if anyone else in the Swtor community that has that computer is able to run Star Wars on decent settings?

The laptop im replacing is a Samsung i5 with 4gb of memory and the nvidia 310m hybrid video card. It runs SWTOR like absolute crap. Have to run on lowest settings and it still gets very low FPS.

So i am currently thinking about replacing my current Laptop with a Mac Book Pro. This isnt a thread about PC VS MAC i don't care what you say about PC i want a mac book. Now that this is over with.

Intel Core i7

4GB 1333MHz

500GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

So basically i wanna know if anyone else in the Swtor community that has that computer is able to run Star Wars on decent settings?

The laptop im replacing is a Samsung i5 with 4gb of memory and the nvidia 310m hybrid video card. It runs SWTOR like absolute crap. Have to run on lowest settings and it still gets very low FPS.

FYI - swtor is not out for mac, you'll have to dual boot. I have a MBP and loving it, it's not for gaming though if that's your goal...i have a separate PC desktop for games.

Edited by Xtrema

Intel Core i7

4GB 1333MHz

500GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

I'd get at least 8GB of RAM. 1333MHz is on the slow side. Do they have the option for better memory? A 2.2GHz CPU is rather slow too. I'd look for 2.4 and up, even if the i7 is pretty fast per clock (though doesn't Apple use an older generation?). I'd strongly recommend getting an SSD along with a data drive, especially for a laptop. Also, 5400rpm?

The 6750M is a very mediocre graphics card. Barely midrange. The 6770M is on the upper end of midrange.

The machine you posted will not run SWTOR well, and would struggle to run most newer games at lower resolution and medium settings.

Also, FWIW, the specs you posted are worth $800-1000 tops. I'm not going to bother looking at Apple's site, but I'd guess the MSRP is twice that or more.