where are the 2 million that got the game

KnightRacer

wow where is everyone, my server has about 300 to 400 on republic side i go from planet to planet and there is about 23 to 40 people on them, space station has about 70. Seem this game did get the players they said they would my guild and others had hundreds join come game time about a quarter showed up. Look how many servers they have, they may need to start putting some together.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow where is everyone, my server has about 300 to 400 on republic side i go from planet to planet and there is about 23 to 40 people on them, space station has about 70. Seem this game did get the players they said they would my guild and others had hundreds join come game time about a quarter showed up. Look how many servers they have, they may need to start putting some together.

I had queues all weekend. So on the weekend they are playing the game.

At 3:30 in the afternoon, probably working....getting off school. You know things people that go outside do.

There's like a 10 to 1 ratio of Empire vs Republic. So you do the math and now have the answer why Rep side is not completely packed. Rep side is the new horde- since being horde actually meant being on the least populated side in the old days.

People are all into the "I'm so evil! I'm so bad!" now that every percieved "bad side" is very player heavy now. Thank TB and Jesse Cox for brainwashing the masses.

You see my child. There is something called sleep.

Your server =/= total player base

Concurrent players =/= total player base

US players =/= total player base

No matter what the naysayers are trying to pass off, they are not bleeding subs.

Edited by Kazmtyh

If you look at population statistics there is a steady decline. At launch you had around 750k (not talking about subscribers but people actually coming online to play) people come online for the game. This since slowly decreased to a average of around 450k hence why the servers no longer have heavy or full loads and are standard even at peak hours.

6 months into launch should give people at better idea about the condition of the game. Though expect a sudden drop since the free month is about to run out.

I should make clear that these are peak numbers. As in launch peaked 750k online and now the peaks are around 450k.

Edited by Jigss

people must want an ogrimmarish central hub because the number of people i see questing is in many cases more than i ever saw open world questing in WoW unless it was new racial starting area after an xpac dropped.

i prefer to see only a handful of people open world questing...i dont like waiting on respawns for quest mobs or harvesting the same nodes im looking for.

It's normal for a lot of people to stop playing after the first month.

Server merges will come soon I think. That's good though, putting the remaining players together.

Good...and bad. If Bioware begins to merge servers we will be seeing a lot more "this game is dying already, I told you so" posts. Not that it matters, because there is already so much negativity on these forums it's mind-boggling. My eyes cross just looking at the General Discussion main page.

If you look at population statistics there is a steady decline. At launch you had around 750k (not talking about subscribers but people actually coming online to play) people come online for the game. This since slowly decreased to a average of around 450k hence why the servers no longer have heavy or full loads and are standard even at peak hours.

There is no such statistic. The only semi-credible statistic is of a third party source and it states that there was a peak of 350k concurrent users during the holidays.

No matter what the naysayers are trying to pass off, they are not bleeding subs.

I find that really unlikely. I think the more realistic way of phrasing that (since free play time is ending and statisticly EVERY game loses subscriptions when that happens) is:

"They are not losing any more than expected." or "Significant amounts"

come on all did you all not think that the servers would be like 5k on them i mean 2million copie's 30 servers american and about that overseas there is no 2million player playing this game

30 US servers? Someone can't count. there are 118 US servers alone.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status <----- :rolleyes:

To give you an idea of size, WoW launched with about 40 servers total.

Edited by Kazmtyh

Not really. Only Bioware really knows the exact stats but even a very very simplified calculation correspond to the average number found in game.

But if you assume each player averagely play 1H per day. That players are spread on about 200 servers, and then standing on one of the 18 planets at a time. You then get the following average per planets with 2 millions players:

2 000 000 / 24 / 200 / 18 = 24 players averagely per planets.

Edited by Elysith

6 months into launch should give people at better idea about the condition of the game. Though expect a sudden drop since the free month is about to run out.

I should make clear that these are peak numbers. As in launch peaked 750k online and now the peaks are around 450k.

And you base this on?

They raised the population caps, which inherently is going to up the actual load "classification" (not saying that it hasn't dropped, but I'm sure that contributed).

And what servers are you talking about without heavy/full (again, some can be attributed to above)?

2 of the servers I played on were standard, and now hit Heavy during Prime Time.

Let's try not to talk in such absolutes.

come on all did you all not think that the servers would be like 5k on them i mean 2million copie's 30 servers american and about that overseas there is no 2million player playing this game

There's more than 30 servers.... Last number I saw said 215.

your opinion =/= fact.

see what I did thar?

Truth be told we dont know. no one knows until subs run out if they will be renewed. BW will crow if its a sucess and spin/be silent if not.