REMOVE the Blacksabers!

sithlordcip

The fact is, the crystals used to stabilize the plasma beam are capable of producing any color. There even are silver and rainbow color producing crystals. So I see no reason why black sabers shouldn't be in the game. After all its simply a natural process. Some colors are obviously harder to produce though.

Point your trying to make? Black light doesn't exsist. You buy a black light and it's really just purple... idc about black sabers... if you want a lame lightsaber go for it. Black is the absence of light therefore (even if it is a plasma contained in an energy field, lightsabers still emit light) a black lightsaber would be a physical impossibility... unlike the force

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're hideous, and I'm more than a little upset that the top-tier Republic lightsabers have black/blue crystals, but my solution is to just not use it. Look how many people had them on day one, versus how many have them now. The novelty is wearing off, and if we allow it to wear off entirely, they'll go bye-bye.

Well yeah, I can make better lightsaber crystals now so obviously I wont keep using the yellow-black one, I assume everyone acts the same way.

They're hideous, and I'm more than a little upset that the top-tier Republic lightsabers have black/blue crystals, but my solution is to just not use it. Look how many people had them on day one, versus how many have them now. The novelty is wearing off, and if we allow it to wear off entirely, they'll go bye-bye.

Or, you know, people just stopped using the pre-order crystal once it became worthless at level 17.

Point your trying to make? Black light doesn't exsist. You buy a black light and it's really just purple... idc about black sabers... if you want a lame lightsaber go for it. Black is the absence of light therefore (even if it is a plasma contained in an energy field, lightsabers still emit light) a black lightsaber would be a physical impossibility... unlike the force

Yes, trying to justify your hatred of dark sabers because they aren't physically possible is totally going to hold up when it is based in a fictional universe where people can control other people's thoughts, routinely jump 15 feet in the air, electrocute people with lightning that comes out of their fingertips and choke people without touching them.

Lemme get this straight.... It's ok for someone to hold a mini fusion reactor in their hand, capable of melting through blast doors on ships and instantly cauterizing wounds, and they don't melt into a sticky puddle, but black lightsabers are impossible?

Maybe it's a mini black hole generator that absorbs light but has a device that stops it from absorbing anything else while emitting the same heat as a lightsaber (which would still not harm the weilder somehow).

That makes equal sense to me.

Edited by Tygranir

Yes, trying to justify your hatred of dark sabers because they aren't physically possible is totally going to hold up when it is based in a fictional universe where people can control other people's thoughts, routinely jump 15 feet in the air, electrocute people with lightning that comes out of their fingertips and choke people without touching them.

Oh this is touching. Yes I am totally saying that because they are a physical impossibility that they should be out of the game. I stated that I DONT CARE if they are in the game. I think they are stupid yes, but I definitely made a snide remark at the end of my post... did you read the last 3 words? Anyways, my point is that I was just stating that they are a physical impossibility, not that they shouldn't be in the game...

Oh this is touching. Yes I am totally saying that because they are a physical impossibility that they should be out of the game. I stated that I DONT CARE if they are in the game. I think they are stupid yes, but I definitely made a snide remark at the end of my post... did you read the last 3 words? Anyways, my point is that I was just stating that they are a physical impossibility, not that they shouldn't be in the game...

Oh see I just didn't take the last comment as a snide remark. My bad.

What's interesting is that science is on the verge of proving something very much like the force is actually real, so I just assumed you weren't being facetious.

Canon or not, they are an eyesore to enough people that doing something about them is merited. BW also stated their intention to stay as true as possible to the starwars films; so whether or not colored sabers with black cores are canon in some other form, they are certainly NOT in the films, so their presence in game contradicts said goal.

An option to visually override the colored sabers / blaster-fire on the user end of things to have white cores instead of black would be a good move.

Everyone can set the toggle according to their preference; everyone wins.

I don't know if -the- darksaber is obtainable in this game or not... I personally hope not... but if it is, perhaps it could be an exception; retaining it's black core with white edge regardless of the settings of the beholder.

Are you serious OP? It's not in the lore so you're saying they should take it out of the game? Calm down, put on your pokemon shirt, and go outside. Don't worry that ball of light in the sky is supposed to be there, and it's not going to hurt you. Unless you stay in it too long.

Canon or not, they are an eyesore to enough people that doing something about them is merited. BW also stated their intention to stay as true as possible to the starwars films; so whether or not colored sabers with black cores are canon in some other form, they are certainly NOT in the films, so their presence in game contradicts said goal.

An option to visually override the colored sabers / blaster-fire on the user end of things to have white cores instead of black would be a good move.

Everyone can set the toggle according to their preference; everyone wins.

I don't know if -the- darksaber is obtainable in this game or not... I personally hope not... but if it is, perhaps it could be an exception; retaining it's black core with white edge regardless of the settings of the beholder.

Neither are any of the planets in this game other than Tatooine, Alderaan, or Coruscant, then. They should all be removed.

More than two sith? Naw. Remove that - according to the movies, only two sith shall there be.

All the backstory for KOTOR should be removed too - it wasn't in the movies.

You know what? This time period isn't mentioned in the movies at all, so lets just blink the whole damn thing out of existence.

Dumb.