Sorry folks come back in 20hours?

stargardian

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Bioware this isn't really about testing the hardware (although I think there is some element of that) ... Their claim is that they want to control server populations and I think this is something broader than simply ensuring people are at different levels.

If that's the case then they should have done what every single other MMO out there does. Start out with TONS and TONS of servers so that everyone can get in and then merge the less popular ones. I dunno. I am not upset that I can't play yet. I am upset that people are going to have a longer early access people than I will. I know it's not personal but it feels like "oh you pre-ordered in december...you're not that important to us". I know thats not really what they mean but I mean this whole thing could have been avoided. I just dont think staggered access is logical.

My gf and I should be in tomorrow morning, so I'm stoked already. Will I whine or complain if we don't, though? No way. Why? Because we have other things to occupy us while we wait. :D

Unfortunately I do not have anything better to do lol. I just started 2 weeks vacation for christmas and the family doesnt get in until the 20th haha. Woe is me.

Unfortunately I do not have anything better to do lol. I just started 2 weeks vacation for christmas and the family doesnt get in until the 20th haha. Woe is me.

Well, if you're single and looking... and a big fan of Star Wars... this forum's certainly an interesting place, as I've found. :p You never know what conversation you find here to chip away at your free time.

Right, 'Zone? :D

really? your done for the day?

time to clock out and go home? how about we get bout 4 more waves out seeing the servers can take ALOT more than what their doin.

IF they cant take ALOT more then i guess its time you go bring more servers online and OMG send out more waves....not that hard people

/troll

Agree with /troll

Well, if you're single and looking... and a big fan of Star Wars... this forum's certainly an interesting place, as I've found. :p You never know what conversation you find here to chip away at your free time.

Right, 'Zone? :D

Been tryin to play some tekken to pass the time but my poor fragile little mind keeps coming back to Star Wars. How dare they get me addicted to crack and then refuse to supply me! :p

Been tryin to play some tekken to pass the time but my poor fragile little mind keeps coming back to Star Wars. How dare they get me addicted to crack and then refuse to supply me! :p

Ohhh yes. Withdrawal symptoms, the twitchings, the gnawing cravings. I experienced all of those after my Beta weekend. :D

time to clock out and go home? how about we get bout 4 more waves out seeing the servers can take ALOT more than what their doin.

IF they cant take ALOT more then i guess its time you go bring more servers online and OMG send out more waves....not that hard people

/troll

Do you mean that having the entire US server park at green and yellow and EU servers barely getting stressed at peak prime time is not normal for an MMO? Madness! :)

Ohhh yes. Withdrawal symptoms, the twitchings, the gnawing cravings. I experienced all of those after my Beta weekend. :D

I would say its more an anxiety thing. The wait is killing me. And honestly I am concerned that if I don't like the game I may have wasted a week of my life just....waiting. I know it will probably be heavenly but...I WANNA PLAY NOW! hahaha.

If that's the case then they should have done what every single other MMO out there does. Start out with TONS and TONS of servers so that everyone can get in and then merge the less popular ones. I dunno. I am not upset that I can't play yet. I am upset that people are going to have a longer early access people than I will. I know it's not personal but it feels like "oh you pre-ordered in december...you're not that important to us". I know thats not really what they mean but I mean this whole thing could have been avoided. I just dont think staggered access is logical.

The problem is that merging servers and creating character transfers to solve population problems generally upsets people far more than letting people in a couple days later. In a week people will hardly remember that they couldn't play for a day or two, but if server populations are not well balanced people will have the choice of abandoning their guild, losing their toon, or facing long queues or empty zones.

does anybody else think it would actually be better for them to crash the servers during the early access than to slowly trickle people in and not actually know what the servers are capable of, and then have them all crash on the 20th because they thought they were safe, when in actually they weren't even close because they never actually tested them during the early access.. the time to stress test a server.

also I have said it b4 every livestream makes the game look like a ghost town. I've been watching a lvl 20 bounty hunter and have only seen 2 other players in about an hour.. *** how can it be so full you can't add more people its a damn ghost town.

I watch multiple streams. And I can confirm it does look like a ghost town. I understand why bioware is doing what they are doing and I agree with it. But at the same time. In a way I think they are drastically failing and should add a few more waves.

And dont say its cause people are at work and whatnot. Cause the streamers often say it does feel kinda empty. So Im not the only one.

:rolleyes:

I kind of agree. They have had months to test their servers. They should have been ready for this. IMO people have every right to complain when just because someone pre-ordered early they get more time to play. Someone raised the comment about most of America is at work right now. What about the hundreds of us that were on the forums this morning waiting, hoping, praying for a chance to play today? If there is space why can't we play now? I don't think it's at all fair that someone can pretty much be done with the game before I even have a chance to play just because they pre-ordered before me. I think they should have prepared a little more...isnt that what alpha and beta testing is for?

^^ This made me LOL IRL! You realize they wont "be done with the game" right? Have you ever played an MMO before? Look up the meaning please before you post...

Let me guess, you ordered in November or December?

Chill.

The problem is that merging servers and creating character transfers to solve population problems generally upsets people far more than letting people in a couple days later. In a week people will hardly remember that they couldn't play for a day or two, but if server populations are not well balanced people will have the choice of abandoning their guild, losing their toon, or facing long queues or empty zones.

You raise a good point but I think that if you're trying to accomodate more people at once then you have to go with what works. these forums may possibly be barren if everyone was able to play right now...AMIRITE?

^^ This made me LOL IRL! You realize they wont "be done with the game" right? Have you ever played an MMO before? Look up the meaning please before you post...

Let me guess, you ordered in November or December?

Chill.

I have been playing MMO's for going on 13 years sir. I have been through the launches of Rift, GW, and EQOA. I have been around the block. Rift had a FAR better launch than this is experiencing. Please take your trolling elsewhere.

Edited by mynimoe

/troll

I agree, they quit the wave invites yet GO abd LOOK at SERVER status ,they are light to standard

You raise a good point but I think that if you're trying to accomodate more people at once then you have to go with what works. these forums may possibly be barren if everyone was able to play right now...AMIRITE?

I wouldn't say barren... but there'll be a whole lot less gnashing teeth and shaking fists at the poor dev team when everyone is finally in... :o Having to wait seems to bring out either the absolute best or worst in people, in the heat of their anxiety even good manners take a nap. Personally, I'm saddened by that - when we are already getting _so much_. :)

I would say its more an anxiety thing. The wait is killing me. And honestly I am concerned that if I don't like the game I may have wasted a week of my life just....waiting. I know it will probably be heavenly but...I WANNA PLAY NOW! hahaha.

Amen Sister.

I've got an entire month off from work... that's not a good thing. I have an incredibly addictive personality.

Let me in, please? =)

I wouldn't say barren... but there'll be a whole lot less gnashing teeth and shaking fists at the poor dev team when everyone is finally in... :o Having to wait seems to bring out either the absolute best or worst in people, in the heat of their anxiety even good manners take a nap. Personally, I'm saddened by that - when we are already getting _so much_. :)

Poor devvers. The amount of death threats they receive must be frightening.

So by fearing that they would fail with their launch - let's take the safe way out and "stagger" the launch.

By doing this they have ultimately failed their launch.

Did they stop here?

No they also took the safe approach at class balancing by mirroring classes between the two factions.

This company needs to grow a pair because they are failing it up bigtime by playing it safe.