What is up with the Graphics?

kakotan

What is up with that lack of quality in the graphics, the shadow been looking awful, there is edges on them and this shouldn't be for a new game.

When will we see fixes in this cause its not on my end also last night when my friend and i was doing missions we noticed in alot of areas we would run through shadows and they would be a clear box around our characters.

That shouldn't be for a brand new game, even WoW has their shadows down and doesn't look sloppy one bit!

So can anyone tell me if this is gonna be fixed or will we have to sit with a sloppy looking game for the next 6 months ???

I dont get the box you describe? However I agree the shadows look god awful. They are pixelated lumps of crap honestly. Clearly the high settings on this game is just a low - mid setting. Clearly when you can run high-ultra on 64 person servers of BF3 yet struggle to get stable FPS during a 10v10 warzone. I should probably get a new pc? Lol Edited by Deathprevail

Sorry PC is fine, The graphics looked better in Beta and didnt have all these graphic glitches i and other have , like still the rays of light out of the 'lights' green walls of light. the clear/white boxes around Characters when they walk through shadows. Everything is at max on this game and i can handle better games and better populated games on my PC. So it isnt on my end its the game and I want to know what is being done about it dangit.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with serv pk 1

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

8GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 1 gb of ram on it.

Everything is brand new and not used. Run WoW on ultimate perfect and it has smooth shadows all the time, Same with Skyrim it is on highest setting all the time. There is no reason why a new game like this should look so sloppy on my screen.

Edited by kakotan

Reading down the list of stuff on here i see that there is alot wrong with this game, alot that was fixed in Beta but seemed to never made the live version, some things that should have been fixed from beta but never was, why did EA push this out like this. I want to enjoy this game but these little graphic glitches really take from the atmosphere of the game as a whole. :(

Reading down the list of stuff on here i see that there is alot wrong with this game, alot that was fixed in Beta but seemed to never made the live version, some things that should have been fixed from beta but never was, why did EA push this out like this. I want to enjoy this game but these little graphic glitches really take from the atmosphere of the game as a whole. :(

One simple reason, EA, i.e., "The Kiss of Death" wanted money. It's all about da money :)

does anyone notice the ground (say 30 meters in front of you) seems to rise up and kindof just grow from the spot. I was wondering if that was just my machine.

Yep, that has to do with distance rendering. Mine does it too. Only renders it the closer you get to it. Prevents from rendering everything at one time reducing lag.

does anyone notice the ground (say 30 meters in front of you) seems to rise up and kindof just grow from the spot. I was wondering if that was just my machine.

It's not just you. And yeah, the graphics in this game are nothing to write home about. Shadows in particular are pretty horrid.

YES that does that for me too, i have gras and trees on 100% and they grow up like this always, where they get this dang blasted engine from for this game anyways geesh :/

Here is my link to my first time saying something about the Graphics this was about a month ago, and i have links of the Rays Of Light from the "lights in this topic as well

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=31124&highlight=kakotan

My understanding is that BioWare is working pretty hard on coming up with some fixes, as graphics are, in fact, pretty low quality, even on high settings, compared to what is possible with this engine (and the settings that were possible early on in testing). The problem seems to be that not even better computers than a regular consumer can acquire can handle the truly high settings right now. This sounds to me --and I'm pretty ignorant of this stuff so it's just a guess --like BioWare devs didn't really spend (or even have) enough time working out a good compromise between quality and what computers could handle and creating efficient coding that finds that middle ground. This engine is also: very new, was not actually completed when BioWare bought a license, and is heavily modified for what BioWare wanted. All of these things do not make the process any easier.

Not sure what you're talking about, mine looks pretty good.

nah, TS is correct. Walk around on Taris on max GFX settings. Look as your character's shadow on the ground, and shadow's of leaves and trees, etc. They all have big jagged edges. Even with doing anti-aliasing fix through your card or ini file the shadows still look jagged.

Personally I don't mind. But in comparison to shadows in old games like LOTRO for example, the shadows in those old 2007 games on max settings look amazing. This game has very basic graphics settings compared to even 2007 games like LOTRO.

Don't believe?

Download LOTRO and once in the game set graphics to ULTRA HIGH, and force 16X anistropic filtering, and 8x Anti-aliasing. You'll see how nice shadows can look even in 2007 game.

Edited by Gilbara

Sorry PC is fine, The graphics looked better in Beta and didnt have all these graphic glitches i and other have , like still the rays of light out of the 'lights' green walls of light. the clear/white boxes around Characters when they walk through shadows. Everything is at max on this game and i can handle better games and better populated games on my PC. So it isnt on my end its the game and I want to know what is being done about it dangit.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with serv pk 1

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

8GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 1 gb of ram on it.

Everything is brand new and not used. Run WoW on ultimate perfect and it has smooth shadows all the time, Same with Skyrim it is on highest setting all the time. There is no reason why a new game like this should look so sloppy on my screen.

there are several threads stating whats wrong.

1). no high res pacs in game outside of cutscenes.

2). No AA

3).no antroscphic filtering

4). Dx9 only

Yep, that has to do with distance rendering. Mine does it too. Only renders it the closer you get to it. Prevents from rendering everything at one time reducing lag.

This has nothing to do with lag and everything to do with framerate. You can edit the grass rendering distance in the ini files.

Only when it comes to your PC it would seem.

If you think that a person's personal computer dictates the rendering limits of the graphics engine then you know nothing about software and should probably stick to simpler things, like stickers or drawing with crayons. The game uses Dx9 which is fully capable of drawing smooth shadows.

Edited by DannyInternets

If you think that a person's personal computer dictates the rendering limits of the graphics engine then you know nothing about software and should probably stick to simpler things, like stickers or drawing with crayons. The game uses Dx9 which is fully capable of drawing smooth shadows.

I have seen the same kind of shadows in Mass Effect. It really is kind of a Bioware thing.

Look at the shadow. http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/1/2/8/0/3/shadow_ps3.jpg.jpg

Whatever you say Champ.

3 more days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.