Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Invisible doesn't mean intangible

dmikhail

It seems like characters with stealth can just evaporate into thin air. One example was someone who just scored in hutball, surrounded by 5 angry people trying to kill him, goes invisible and suddenly doesn't get it. A steady stream of lightning on the person should hold. Aoe's should hit as well. if you were sitting on someone's chest beating on them, and suddenly they went invisible, they'd still be there to hit. They don't become intangible.

It seems like characters with stealth can just evaporate into thin air. One example was someone who just scored in hutball, surrounded by 5 angry people trying to kill him, goes invisible and suddenly doesn't get it. A steady stream of lightning on the person should hold. Aoe's should hit as well. if you were sitting on someone's chest beating on them, and suddenly they went invisible, they'd still be there to hit. They don't become intangible.

When they use their in-combat stealth, they get a speed boost to get out of the way very fast, FYI.

AOEs still work. Unless it was a Sin/Shadow using their resist skill. And, if we are being realistic, how could the sorc aim the force lightning if they couldn't see them after they stealthed?

If I could just fraps everytime a noob sin vanished with my assault plastique stuck to their head and I get to play the fun game for all ages..."Where will the corpse appear?"

You get about two seconds after it happens to look around. Suddenly you see a little flash and a nice and dead assassin flops to the ground somewhere out of the way. I don't think there's any other feeling quite so satisfying in PVP :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.