The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

anyone close to level 36 or so?

-___-

want to compare our stats? 604 aim, 639 endurance, 8k hp, 4.2k armor, 40% damage reduction, 91% accuracy, 15.84% crit, ranged crit multiplier is at 50.00%

Also, hows that shield tech spec in questing/pvp?

what companion do you find to be the most useful, and why?

Edited by -___-

21-0-4 Powertech.Level 34

Been Shieldtech since lvl10 and love it.

I only use Mako. Her heals are yummy (i keep her gears updated).

Her short CC has saved my reckless butt a few times, and she's a little cutie to boot!;)

My current stats @ lvl 34:

674 Aim . 677 Endurance . 8079 HP . 4251 Armor

40.87% dmg reduction . 90% Accuracy . 16.15% crit . 50% crit multiplier

also, i am a SLAVE to the datacrons. . . nom nom nom:D

Edited by DarthSalt
Spelling

just specced shield tech, 689 aim, 627 endurance now.

41.55% damage reduction.

you guys think its better to stack endurance or aim as a lowish level shieldtech?

are you guys sacrificing stats for the tanking offhand? (5%shield chance, 20% shield absorb)?

Edited by -___-

I go for Aim while leveling, and keep a tanking offhand at all times.

The improved absorbs and increased absorb chance from shield tech + Ion Cylinder far outweighs the small amount of stats you get from a dps offhand.

I've leveled as every spec (40 now), and so far Shield Tech is by far my favorite and the best one. It has a massive survivability boost for only a slight loss of damage.

AP is more based around mobility, wich isn't useful for lvling and Pyro dots usually don't last long enough to take its proper effect while lvling.

I'm close to lvl37 shieldtech. Don't know my stats offhand but always use Mako with as much customized gear as possible. I usually use the offensive gear in my offhand but I always carry my damage reduction shield in my inventory so I can swap them if it is necessary. At level 36 I finally feel like I've figured out how to properly use my BH in combat. Have a nice rhythm going with my attack pattern. I run around with my headslot hidden too because I still don't have a helmet I love yet.

I run around with my headslot hidden too because I still don't have a helmet I love yet.

The spilling chemicals heroic I think gives a nice helmet. Actually the whole set from Taris is nice was able to get it all last night and at lvl 38 I am 9.7k hp 5.2k armor 642 aim

Right now I'm wondering if I can get away with dps gear + a shield for tanking the foundry and onward. Just so I can quest faster?

Also I'm wondering how people are solo'ing heroics? I tried to do a 2+ "blackout" and there's no way mako could keep up with the heals her dps abilities are turned off and has 600 cunning if anyone has tips please share

Edited by edspegeddd

want to compare our stats? 604 aim, 639 endurance, 8k hp, 4.2k armor, 40% damage reduction, 91% accuracy, 15.84% crit, ranged crit multiplier is at 50.00%

You should be fine for leveling/normal questing.

At level 43 I am sitting at almost 14000 heath, 49% damage reduction, 98% accuracy, and I cant remember the rest right now.

Also, hows that shield tech spec in questing/pvp?

Questing is faceroll easy. Make libral use of your defensive and healing cooldowns and you shouldnt ever really have a problem ... Oh, keep Quell on an easily accessible button, it'll save your *** aginst elites.

what companion do you find to be the most useful, and why?

I use Torian 90% of the time. I find that as a Shiedtech I can survive just about any encounter, and the time I save by killing the mobs faster and just Recharging and Reloading after every other battle far outweights the reduced downtime from having Mako as a companion.

Side Note: I have bound Torians Flame Sweep skill to my own so when I pull packs of mobs we both just spam it over and over. Its a pretty sick sight to behold!