The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo, based on this thread, we can safely say that all the 'the sky is falling in types' know very little. The overwhelming majority of people in this thread are going to be playing next month.

Now, the haters will probably tell me that the forums can't be used as a good data sample. Funny how they all use it to justify how the game is failing though huh...

I'm staying, my friends are staying, I'm looking forward to improvements, and I'm looking forward to Rakghouls.

Bring it on.

Everyone who is complaining about this game being boring at max level.. Do you not do anything other than game?

Get a job or something seriously. 3 weeks into a new game and you have already got max level and maxed out the pvp gear.

No wonder it's boring for you.

Try a month and almost a week. Play semantics all you want, but it exposes you as someone disingenuous.

Naw I got a Merc to 30 and stopped. not re-subbing

the story is awesome, but i think the pace of it and how its told is terrible due to the nature of MMOs. Most quests are a fancy, voiced version of "kill 10 of these" or "destroy these", while only a couple have major story elements. Even for those, the plot elements are broken up by HOURS of running, grinding, and completing the insignificant quests. I ended up skipping all quests but class and major planet/faction quests, and the gameplay isnt good enough to encourage me to get to 50.

Basically Major storytelling points are too far apart, and the gameplay isnt good enough to get to each one, especially when many console RPGs have better story and storytelling, unless its cause im not a Star Wars fan.

just lookin for a good game..........

I'll keep my subscription up because I'm not yet level capped and, so far, I'm having fun. Despite the (rampant) bugs, I'm really enjoying the voice overs and storyline. Those alone are totally worth the purchase price.

Should I reach 50 to discover that the so-called "Fourth Pillar" topples and the endgame is still nothing more than a pale reflection of WoW (options: grind raids, grind PvP, grind dailies), I'm canceling and waiting out for GW2 in the vain hope that it will prove to be the holy grail. Maybe give Rift another shot, even though it's lore and storytelling is like dry cardboard cut-outs.

Edited by Jairec

I'm sticking around, I still have raids to do, my battlemaster's to collect, and the new instance coming in patch to do.

Worst case scenario they could not add content for another 2 months and I'd level an alt of each class to 50 before I quit, because leveling to 50 the first time was so fun.

I'll be here a while it seems, currently.

I will keep it for 1 more month. I have 1 character at 50 and another at 25. I'll probably finish the one at 25 up to 50 and see if I'm still having fun.

Right now I just don't like the PVP in this game. There's no point to it other than gear grind. There's no real world PVP that's meaningful. And it's a pain in the rear to find groups for ops/HM FPs as a dps class. I don't want to reroll a healer and level it up because if I have to go through the same quests for the 3rd time I might just gouge out my eyes.

PVP is what will determine whether I stick around in SWTOR. Other determining factors:

1. Do we get a real 3d space combat system at some point? If so, I might return then.

2. Do we get a meaningful crafting system that comes close to SWG's system? If so, I would definitely return.

3. Do we actually get any guild functionality? Even something as basic as a guild bank would help, but not be enough to keep me. We need guild houses (or guild capital ships) that players can pool funds or some other sort of resource (perhaps commendations from HM FPs or Ops) to buy. Give us a reason to work together as a guild!!!! Seriously, Bioware, it's not that hard to come up with ideas here.

No. Broken buggy game with so many technical issues, design issues, amateur mistakes.

No custom UI, no meters, no LFD, no macros...

What exactly are we paying for?

rofl i bet you were a wow fanboy that came into around wrath... wow was horrible at this stage of the game. it didnt have a custom ui, meters or LFD at this stage. oh and also did you even notice there is a LFG? pretty simple plus all the lower level flashpoints are at the fleet. Not hard to find a group at all. they might add those features later, they might not. I guess i shouldnt try to explain how wrong you are to judge a game because it didnt come with features others didnt as well. Ill be happy when people like you leave. Less QQ babies the better

anyways on to the original topic.

I will be keeping my sub. I rushed to 50 and still find plenty to do. Ive done end game pvp and pve and love both (not a pvper tho, because i suck at pvp honestly)

:) Toodles! :)

I did notice those similarities to be sure, and they definitely ripped a lot out of the wow playbook.

Still those moves aren't ports of one another, most of them have nuances that are different, or make them function differently.

Ya...right.

I genuinely like the game, but I don't think I'll be re-subbing. The skill animation issues and poor performance in warzones pretty much leave me with no reason to continue paying for something I won't enjoy.

Hopefully it gets sorted out in upcoming updates.