What is happening?

SpikeRosered

So a common scenario is developing for me in world PvP.

I'm in a fight with a jedi shadow and winning, when suddenly they disappear and combat ends. I wait and figure w/e ability they are using has a limited duration and they will reappear soon.

They never reappear.

I see these guys the most since I imagine people who play them like to PvP since they are the rogue class. But seriously, am I just the world's worst hide and seek player or is something fishy going on?

It's called stealth. It ends when they want it to.

Well call me old fashioned, but if I recall in my WoW days as a rogue I couldn't just decide hmmm combat over and just decide to be stealthed from now on. I had a very temporary stealth that ended combat that wouldn't be lasting very long.

Can Shadows/Assassins just stealth out of combat and stay stealthed?

Well call me old fashioned, but if I recall in my WoW days as a rogue I couldn't just decide hmmm combat over and just decide to be stealthed from now on. I had a very temporary stealth that ended combat that wouldn't be lasting very long.

They took most things from WoW, and this includes the "Vanish" equivalent ability. Yes, Vanish removed you from PvP combat in WoW - and it even used to remove you from PvE raid combat. But they changed the latter part at one point.

It's identical to the WoW rogue equivelant.

Places you in stealth for a short duration, any dots will still break you out of stealth.

However they have a semi-long cd that removes all debuffs and what not (cloak of shadow esqueue) that if they use at the same time will basically place them back in stealth as if they hadn't broken stealth yet.

I'm playing as a shadow myself and whenever i'm fighting against other shadows/assasins/whatever stealthclass and they disappear into stealth, I instantly run into the direction i think they're going and pull out some AOEs. Most of the times I hit them with my AOE knockback on my first try. This isn't a guaranteed method of course. And if my opponent hits the debuff removal+stealth+force speed it's very unlikely that I can break his stealth but it's always worth a shot.

It's b/s is what it is. I'm tired of these a-holes attacking me, and then stealthing away when the fight didn't go the way they wanted it to.

And don't these classes also have that skill that removes DoTs? So can't they just remove your DoTs and THEN stealth?

If you decide to attack another player you shouldn't be able to ***** out afterwards.

You recalled wrong. Rogues have had vanish since day one.

And yes shadows/assassins have it and operatives/scoundrels too, it's on a 3 minute cooldown, but can be shorter depending on talent spec.

Aoe spells or dots will remove stealth, falling damage will not.

I'm playing as a shadow myself and whenever i'm fighting against other shadows/assasins/whatever stealthclass and they disappear into stealth, I instantly run into the direction i think they're going and pull out some AOEs. Most of the times I hit them with my AOE knockback on my first try. This isn't a guaranteed method of course. And if my opponent hits the debuff removal+stealth+force speed it's very unlikely that I can break his stealth but it's always worth a shot.

Its still a unfair get of jail free card. It means they can basically grief players and basically get away with it.

Its still a unfair get of jail free card. It means they can basically grief players and basically get away with it.

Not at all, there are several things you can do about it, if you can't DoT them, you can control them when they're low enough to burst down. You can even attempt to bring them out of stealth immediately after they stealth by guesstimating where they are and using an AoE ability.

It is an escape ability, but not a free get out of jail card because there are ways to stop it.

You recalled wrong. Rogues have had vanish since day one.

And yes shadows/assassins have it and operatives/scoundrels too, it's on a 3 minute cooldown, but can be shorter depending on talent spec.

Aoe spells or dots will remove stealth, falling damage will not.

Yea but you couldn't full stealth once you were vanished, and even with the speed increase in stealth mode you weren't gonna be getting very far. If you got caught by a player as a rogue Vanish wasn't gonna save you unless you were lucky.

Not at all, there are several things you can do about it, if you can't DoT them, you can control them when they're low enough to burst down. You can even attempt to bring them out of stealth immediately after they stealth by guesstimating where they are and using an AoE ability.

It is an escape ability, but not a free get out of jail card because there are ways to stop it.

Yea but here's the pattern I see

Stun

Remove DoTs

Force Speed

F'ing GONE!

You don't remember a rogue ability called 'vanish'? No?

When an assassin vanishes on me, unless I'm sleepy/tired or stunned, I stealth scan them out almost every time. The radius on stealth scan is pretty huge. Half the time when I miss with it I still unstealth someone because people still underestimate how big the effective radius actually is.

When an assassin vanishes on me, unless I'm sleepy/tired or stunned, I stealth scan them out almost every time. The radius on stealth scan is pretty huge. Half the time when I miss with it I still unstealth someone because people still underestimate how big the effective radius actually is.

What classes get that? Most of this complaining is from my perspective as a Sith Sorcerer.

Only BH/trooper got that skill and it can hardly catch shadow/assassin with speed buff as they can get out of it's range in under one sec <_<

Yea but you couldn't full stealth once you were vanished, and even with the speed increase in stealth mode you weren't gonna be getting very far. If you got caught by a player as a rogue Vanish wasn't gonna save you unless you were lucky.

Vanish is a "full" stealth in fact its an improved stealth which makes it even harder to detect them. plus rogues in wow have even more beastly moves now, shileds, LOS cloud, health regen in combat, many more ccs than assassins. Idk why you think vanish is a ****** small time move but its bread and butter to rogues nowadays. kinda like the cherry on top.

What classes get that? Most of this complaining is from my perspective as a Sith Sorcerer.

Amazing what a Sith Sorcerer has to complain about. :eek:

Anyway, I do play a Jedi Shadow and a lot opponents are quite adapt in breaking my stealth. That includes Sorcerers by the way, so I do not really see a reason for a change.

Vanish is a "full" stealth in fact its an improved stealth which makes it even harder to detect them. plus rogues in wow have even more beastly moves now, shileds, LOS cloud, health regen in combat, many more ccs than assassins. Idk why you think vanish is a ****** small time move but its bread and butter to rogues nowadays. kinda like the cherry on top.

I dunno, maybe its cuz of the flying mounts, but Vanish never helped me much in PvP situations. They're gonna find you again, and they will kill you.

Here you will not be catching them unless you're lucky.