Warzone scoring/stats all messed up! FIX NEEDED

Russx

Huttball: I passed alot to help score and scored myself in one game yet I have zero objective scores at the end?!

Alderan wz: Our team loses because we have 3 players doing nothing by camping the only flag we have instead of helping to cap one of the others. The other team just defends it's 2 flags but at the end of the match, the 3 guys who did nothing end up with massive objective scores! So I tested this myself in a game where we had 2 flags all match and I just stayed at one of our flags stood about mostly doing nothing and I ended up with a much higher objective score than I normally get when I normally attack and cap flags.

Voidstar wz: I planted the bomb on the last door then I got to the console first to activate to win the game. I got zero objective score for this!

All warzones: I visually saw a hit of over 2.5k but at the end of the match my big hit said 2.1k Also I complete a WZ from start to finish and sometimes it doesnt log as a win for the daily. I use my self recovery as a Sniper (not healer) and I end up with a decent healing score?!

Edited by Russx

Huttball: I pass and have scored yet I have zero objective scores

Apparently this was done so players would not hog the ball and refuse to pass (so they could get points scoring). It seems like a valid reason, but it still feels wrong.

And yeah.. scoring is weird, but they will never be able to "get it right". These kind of games always get exploited and min/maxed by players.

Edited by BubblegumYeti

Apparently this was done so players would not hog the ball and refuse to pass (so they could get points scoring). It seems like a valid reason, but it still feels wrong.

And yeah.. scoring is weird, but they will never be able to "get it right". These kind of games always get exploited and min/maxed by players.

I kinda understand what your saying but I didnt really mean that so I edited my original statement. I both scored and passed in 1 game and didnt get any objective points.

I understand.

BTW I am a games programmer myself and I see the problem with scoring. It isn't easy to write code that will score players in an "honest" way (also you don't want too much code running since it will slow down the game).

Humans will always exploit this.

If you give points for passing, people will just throw the ball all the time between themselves.

I guess Bioware could run some very smarth algorithms at the end of a match analyzing the log of what happened before (they probably don't keep a log of the match at this time) and try to make sense of it and score players.

I have had many matches where I was in the heat of the fight, scoring, passing, holding capture points and killing and still ended up in the middle of the pack objective wise.

Don't get your hopes up.... I don't think they can easily "fix" this.

Edited by BubblegumYeti

A concept where you don't get any points for doing what the game ask you to do is broken anyway. In the end, there's all about medals. Do I get any medals for opening all the Gates on the Voidstar (exept for the bridge)? No, I get neither medals nor objective points. Yes, I didn't kill anyone but the goal is to get through all the gates not killing stuff.

And yes, I understand the concept of the medals, where you can get rewards with doing other stuff than killing people but in the end, it's not the healer who gets the most medals, it's the guy with the most damage who can heal himself and gets points for that too.

So that's how it works, not to mention that 90% of all matches are Huttball what's a) completely boring and b) some professions are ****** up because they don't have speedbuff or can leap around all the time. But that's another thread.

I don't wanna troll around but that can be done better, as we know out of other games.