100+ people in PvP area - unplayable

FuriCuri

Ok, I came from warhammer and current SWTOR performance in open PvP zones with only about 100 ppl present is currently horrible.

We did hold a guild event yesterday where our guild (100+ ppl) were fighting on the Tatooine FFA PvP zone.

My PC spec:

• Intel Core i7 2600K (thats 3.4 GHz on each of 4 cores)
  • 16Gb DDR3 PC10300 (1333 MHz)
  • SSD Intel 250 Gb (system + game, swap file disabled)
  • Gigabyte GeForce 580GTX OC (factory overclocking)
  • Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Gamer Pro
  • Resulution 1920 (24" monitor)
  • Windows 7 Home Premium x64 with latest updates, direct x and drivers

And my FPS was 12 average with spikes down to 2-4 fps even with shadows off.

In warhammer online (after Mythic fixed technical issues and optimized the game engine) I could run 30+ fps on 200+ ppl fighting with a way less powerfull PC.

Patch 1.1 will make more ppl to participate on Illum ORvR so I see a very dangerous posibility that we will got another warhammer online which has it's massive population drop in the first half year due to unplayable lags, freezes and crashes.

Please, we already have good PvE. Think about PvP aspect of the game (mechanics and technical fps/lag problems). Currently there are a lot of good PvP guilds that I'm sure gonna leave this game if no PvP issues will be addressed in the following patches. It's clearly that currently most efforts are spent on PvE instead of PvP: we got yet another instance and yet we got only 3 warzones, constant crashes on warzone joining, group disband after warzone, unpleyable lag in heavy ORvR situations, ect. ect.

Surely PvE casual hamsters will always flow and go away each expansion, but PvP guilds are different - once they leave they almost never come back.

Edited by FuriCuri

Yesterday on EU server The Ravager there was evening "event" on Ilum.

Rep and Imp guilds supposed to come and get mass PvP.

After like 70 ppl from my guild and like 80-90 from one rep guild gathered on one ilum node fps become o point o o o o o o o o o eight percent (like droid says).

After "charge" command my client have hanged out deadly (as like 80 % of my guild). After that I just go to sleep.

Now I really feel sorry about next patch and mass pvp on Ilum.

Edited by BambulaGTS

we had a world PvP event at tattoine on my server and the fraps vid i was making dropped to 12 fps was almost like watching a slideshow and my computer is even little better than the TS so ya u kinda need to fix this imo.

Ok, I came from warhammer and current SWTOR performance in open PvP zones with only about 100 ppl present is currently horrible.

We did hold a guild event yesterday where our guild (100+ ppl) were fighting on the Tatooine FFA PvP zone.

My PC spec:

In warhammer online (after Mythic fixed technical issues and optimized the game engine) I could run 30+ fps on 200+ ppl fighting with a way less powerfull PC.

Patch 1.1 will make more ppl to participate on Illum ORvR so I see a very dangerous posibility that we will got another warhammer online which has it's massive population drop in the first half year due to unplayable lags, freezes and crashes.

Please, we already have good PvE. Think about PvP aspect of the game (mechanics and technical fps/lag problems). Currently there are a lot of good PvP guilds that I'm sure gonna leave this game if no PvP issues will be addressed in the following patches. It's clearly that currently most efforts are spent on PvE instead of PvP: we got yet another instance and yet we got only 3 warzones, constant crashes on warzone joining, group disband after warzone, unpleyable lag in heavy ORvR situations, ect. ect.

Surely PvE casual hamsters will always flow and go away each expansion, but PvP guilds are different - once they leave they almost never come back.

I've been screaming this over forum post repeatedly the optimization is horrible and should be the next thing they work on. Balance doesn't even matter when you drop to 5 FPS a second. World PVP is a big thing in MMO's and guilds can't even go at each other because once the fray starts the lag commences.

True... SWTOR engine is not optimized for this amount of people. WAR was, but they had to "drop" a lot of things to get there. I am not sure if that is the priority of Bioware at this moment. They will need to write a lot of code to make 100+ battles happen.

I don't think you should get your hopes up for that kind of battles TBH.

A pity WAR has been left to die... best recent mass PvP game IMHO. I woudl sub again to WAR (and to SWTOR) if they kept WAR evolving.

In warhammer online (after Mythic fixed technical issues and optimized the game engine) I could run 30+ fps on 200+ ppl fighting with a way less powerfull PC..

so wait for them to do this here

My PC spec:

ok, im a computer nerd, but i do it for a living, so i'm gonna give you some unrelated adive.

-overclock the cpu to about 4.6 ghz, they all can go that high without any voltage changes, if you have a good cooler you can raise the vcore to about 1.30 and maybe get 4.8, if you are lucky and have the golden 5% you maybe able to get 5ghz, but this take a good cooler and about 1.40+ vcore, do not go over 1.45, 1.50 is max imho, you should never go near the last two voltage unless you know what your doing..

Upgrade from that horrid memory, what are you thinking using 1333 memory on a sandybridge, get some good memory now! its cheap!

MAKE SURE YOU TURN OF SUPERFETCH OR IT WILL CRIPPLE YOUR SSD drive, i mean this, it will slow down your drive to horrid levels, because of windows caching, and it will half its life, solid state drives dont need superfetch. Make sure you dont have any drive defrag tools running for the SSD, they do not need it, they do not get fragmented much, and fragments have no effect of SSD performance since it has no moving parts and thus does not need to seek. Also, you need a swap file, just move it to another drive if you have one, or have a FIXED size of 800mb, not having a swapfile will cause issues.

The sound card is ok, but you would love an asus Xonar, they rock and perform much better and have less issues.

i would say overclock the graphic card some more, but i wont since when i tried it mine exploded and had to be RMA.

As for the poor performance, pretty much game engine issue, not much you can do other then beat it down with pure power, i run 4 gpus. pretty sure only two is used in game but even in those situations i get 60fps, normly its 100+

so wait for them to do this here

The problem is that due to lag/fps issues warhammer subscription base took a massive fatal hit in the first year (while they tried to fix an issue) - the precious pvp community, good guilds and players left cause of that and after that there wasn't enough left to enjoy the game. And now it's slowly dying.

I don't know if Bioware management aware of this, but currently there is a very good PvP community and even absence of the server forums (which is a big freaking fail itself - what is too hard for a company like Bioware to create forums with dozen of separate servers?) - even with absence of the server forums the community itself is very active and does not ask for some "moar expansion! moar purple pixels and stupid pve bosses! hurr durr!" - we can make our events, we can put server on constant heavy load in primetime, we can create epic pvp battles record them on youtube and show hows ORvR games are aweseom to other potential customers - but we hitting the wall of bugs, crashes and lags here.