operative are fine, its just a gear issue

annese

that proves it... you werent having fun before re-rolled to oprative now having fun because of your OPness Killing a tank class without them being able to move IS OP ive seen it happen with a 40 Oprative on a 50 Powertech in mostly champion gear. So saying it is a gear issue is laughable. Edited by Midnight_Malice

that proves it... you werent having fun before re-rolled to oprative now having fun because of your OPness Killing a tank class without them being able to move IS OP ive seen it happen with a 40 Oprative on a 50 Powertech in mostly champion gear. So saying it is a gear issue is laughable.

i play a lvl 41 operative...not even with the biggest crit luck, stims and full buffed it is possible to kill a lvl 50 powertech in stunlock ;)

The problem with blaming this imbalance on gear alone is the fact that no other class matchup is as bad as an Operative vs anyone, geared or not. So just saying that you can overgear and find balance is no solution at all.

with my ful green geared op i can do more dmg than my full champ assa :p

Thats odd, my assassin hits pretty hard. In fact I didn't see my first 3k hit until I got hidden strike at level 36 on my Operative, I then managed to hit 3.2k at lvl 14 on my Sin with maul. If anything my Assassin is more dangerous purely because I can take a fair few hits in darkness, have alot more **** abilties and whole lot more sustained damage.

As it stands gear is fairly important, an Operative in full pvp gear rolling biochem is going to hurt alot - on a single target out of stealth. However if you do the same with a merc or a sorcs you'll get similiar results on a much larger scale.

What it boils down to is the fact that 60% of the community have rolled a sage/sorcs or a BH/trooper, so there alot more people to complain about the other lesser played classes. If it was left to these sort of players, all melee classes would have no stealth, stuns, roots or damage for that matter. They just want a turret simulation game where they can press 3 buttons and kill 10 people.

Edited by LoneXS

already a video out of a scoundrel 2-3 shotting someone with 500+ expertise so saying its a gear issue isn't true, culprits a little two fold...

1: Scoundrel/Ops opener and burst is high super high to begin with

2: surge/power stims push them over the top in terms of pure damage

3: expertise boosts damage vs players... thus sort of nullifies even having expertise to begin with.

are ops unbeatable? sure i you catch them out of stealth you can win...problem is 9/10 you will NEVER manage it! not even like WoW where squishie casters have a spamable aoe can break stealth... pretty much limited in ways to find an op... generally speaking operatives damage is out of control but then, i think damage for almost every class is to high right now.

the good news is this can all be fixed by just boosting damage reduction on expertise, removing damage buff on expertise and splitting ops opener into 2 attacks. One that stuns and one that does damage fact they get both in one move is probably biggest issue i have with it.

Forget about expertise.

Expertise from PvP gear is hard capped in approx 10 %.

As developers have said numerous times before lunch.

Expertise buff and PvP consumable can make u have expertise over 10 %.

Expertise buff is situational, and nobody who needs champion gear buys PvP consumables since you need crapload of comms to that stupid random bags.