If you want Pyrotech

ProJarrod

I couldn't agree more. I justed resped to pyrotech from shield tech. My guild needed a dps since we had too many tanks. Even with 6 tank items my pyrotech (powertech) dmg was pretty sweet.

Me and my hybrid sorc friend destroyed the last boss in The False Emperor so fast there was no need to throw him off the bridge. Until then I didn't even know it was possible to finish him like that.

Having been full arsenal, 50 arsenal 50 pyro and full pyro, I disagree. I'm liking full pyro way more than full arsenal. Any arguments about merc pyro not doing dps are false. Racked up 480k damage in voidstar today and a couple 300k+ huttballs. Merc Pyro is fun and just fine.

A couple of 300+? I'm not even near full champion gear and it's rare for me as aer not to get 350k dps every game and that's mostly just spamming tracer missile in the middle of huttball. I can also assure you aer leads to more kills then the damage done by pyro DoTs.

A couple of 300+? I'm not even near full champion gear and it's rare for me as aer not to get 350k dps every game and that's mostly just spamming tracer missile in the middle of huttball. I can also assure you aer leads to more kills then the damage done by pyro DoTs.

Because as we all know, the point of Huttball is to get as many kills as possible. The whole scoreboard thing is completely irrelevant as long as you deal the most damage.

Look, I don't know enough about the AC damage numbers to compare one to the other. But some people want to DPS and still have the option to heal... which you can't do unless you're Mercenary. So, be elitist all you want, you're still wrong.

Because as we all know, the point of Huttball is to get as many kills as possible. The whole scoreboard thing is completely irrelevant as long as you deal the most damage.

Look, I don't know enough about the AC damage numbers to compare one to the other. But some people want to DPS and still have the option to heal... which you can't do unless you're Mercenary. So, be elitist all you want, you're still wrong.

Couldnt have put it better myself

Yeah I can farm kills and see big numbers also...

On a serious note though, I just went pyro from arsenal for PVP and am loving it. The mobility from it is the thing that really sells it for me. Being able to kite around and actually use LOS to your advantage is something arsenal will never have. For an example I was fighting an arsenal merc and by using LOS managed to kill him completely with him only getting a few casts off. Also fighting two melee type classes and living is always fun.

It is also great to be able to DPS while running ahead in huttball for passes or intercepts.

And last note, since I have really not seen many pyro specced mercs on my server, most people do not know how to handle me. When a healer starts hearing the oh so known sound of tracers smacking him they instantly react and can counter you. When it comes to me shooting an incendiary missle (which doesnt hit too much to startle them), throwing a thermal detonator, and lining up power shot and rail shot they lose 50-75 percent of their hp before they even react to me. Its then usually just a couple more buttons and they are gone.

As far as the damage goes it is still great. While doing the objective im usually still at the top (at least top 3) every game.

To conclude, you should try it before you write it off and if you do try it and you still think "it sucks" then you just might be doing it wrong.

And last note, since I have really not seen many pyro specced mercs on my server, most people do not know how to handle me. When a healer starts hearing the oh so known sound of tracers smacking him they instantly react and can counter you. When it comes to me shooting an incendiary missle (which doesnt hit too much to startle them), throwing a thermal detonator, and lining up power shot and rail shot they lose 50-75 percent of their hp before they even react to me. Its then usually just a couple more buttons and they are gone.

Yep! I have seen one other pyro merc at 50 on my server. It's really nice watching other players trying to counter tracer spam when that isn't what I'm doing.

Pyro is fine, roll arsenal if you don't like it.

Big numbers at the end of a WZ look great, but really.

As a Pyrotech were you able to spike down a healer, or a damage anywhere near as fast as a 'magic' arsenal missle spec'd BH can? No.

It comes down to sustained damage v spike damage. Spike > sustained in PvP.

I'm sure failtech is great in PvE though.

As a Pyrotech were you able to spike down a healer, or a damage anywhere near as fast as a 'magic' arsenal missle spec'd BH can? No.

Yes, pyro can do that.

Starting with a dot then lining up three hard hitting abilities which all hit in a 1.5 second period followed by unload which 60 percent of the time resets your hard hitting rail shot? I dont have actual numbers to put to what im saying but yes, I feel my "spike" is of adequate size sitting next to your arsenals "spike" and ill go comparing rockets with you any day :cool:

I believe u got the stuff confused...

Pyrotech= Spike, u can get easily 6k+ crits in the starting 3 secs

Arsenal = Sustained, u stand like wimp pressing one button and doing incremental dmg.

And yet again everybody seems to miss the point of the OP.

I'm actually wondering the same thing:

Is the dps of a Powertech (pyrotech) comparable to the dps of a Mercenary (pyrotech) ?

Edited by SDKyron

And yet again everybody seems to miss the point of the OP.

I'm actually wondering the same thing:

Is the dps of a Powertech (pyrotech) comparable to the dps of a Mercenary (pyrotech) ?

I dont see what im missing. The original post is this:

You should of gone power tech, I cannot see any reason to use this tree as a merc other then to make yourself a weak powertech.

From what I am interpreting this as is that he is saying that pyrotech is worthless for mercenary. I guess I can see how you can interpret it as pyrotech compared to powertech pyrotech is not worthwhile, but the only reasonable way to compare it within the mercenary forum and not the general bounty hunter forum is Arsenal vs. Pyrotech. Also by him saying "Weak Powertech" either there are no powertechs on my server (which there are) or I am not making myself a weak powertech since I consistently do top 3 dmg. Original poster feel free to correct me if what you said meant something different.

Pyro loses most of the pushback/kd effects, that's a problem in PvP.

And yes, Powertech Pyro is a lot more effective than Merc Pyro.. I respecced back to Arsenal after about 10 days when I realized Arsenal suits me a lot better, but I'm honestly considering to roll a Powertech alt to try Pyro.

I do agree I miss my 15 second knockback and the 9 sec rocket punch from going pyrotech but I only miss it for huttball defense. I dont really need knockbacks for fighting people since I can effectively kite and LOS. I did go back arsenal for a second after trying pyrotech and after two matches I went back pyrotech and will probably stay that way unless BW does a drastic change two arsenal making it vastly superior or does something stupid to pyrotech.

Also I should probably stop advocating pyrotech so I can be the only one on my server MUAHAHAHA

Having been full arsenal, 50 arsenal 50 pyro and full pyro, I disagree. I'm liking full pyro way more than full arsenal. Any arguments about merc pyro not doing dps are false. Racked up 480k damage in voidstar today and a couple 300k+ huttballs. Merc Pyro is fun and just fine.

Agreed, I also stated this in another thread, I can burst someone down in 3 -4 shots if they are not healing or getting healed.....

for more

here is the thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=171953

Say hello to TD->PS->RS.