For people with Warzone FPS lag, this worked for me.

NeoOsiris

Windows 7:

Right click your SWTOR Launcher shortcut

Click properties

Go to Compatibility

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition

Run this program as an administrator

Hit okay and boot SWTOR

No lie, I went from 5-10 fps to 30-40 instantly with the exact same graphical settings. I'm simply blown away how checking 3 boxes in my properties menu for the SWTOR launcher fixed the lag. Not guaranteeing anything, but it did for me. I know how many ppl are out there getting fed up with PvP. But this just totally changed the game for me and I wanted everyone out there to at least try this so they can enjoy the game too. I've even run this in windowed mode and it works for windowed mode too.

I run a Phenom II X2 550 BE, 4 GB DDR3, XFX HD4890. Run everything on high except shadows off and shaders low. This fix essentially lets the game run the way it does outside of PvP and the Fleet for me.

Edited by NeoOsiris

My 2 cents on why it works: your card is still being utilised for the GPU accelerated themes, and desktop composition.

Can someone sticky this, it'll make the game a lot more enjoyable for people without the best specs int he world.

Edited by NeoOsiris

Yeah, Bioware really needs to look at what their software is doing in the WZ and Fleets so differently then the rest of the game. Specifically, what is causing the in-proportionate stress on the GPU vs the rest of the content in the game. Edited by NeoOsiris

Wow, you have no idea how happy you just made me. I came to the forums wondering why PvP was so horribly laggy and found your thread, and with those simple changes warzones are playable. Thank you so much!

Anyone else found tips on making Warzones run faster? If something this simple can alter it so dramatically then there may even be other things that would make it run as smooth as wow does on my comp!

If no fix is added to those fps spikes me and my son will retire SWTOR after having alot of fun in the first weeks.

But it boils down on fixes for pvp issues.

Also since 16-01-2012 my son get constand disconnection

Today 17-01-2012 iam getting constand disconnection...

Already reported it in the CS forums, but i heared that can take a looong time to figure out.

Will try later today if i still get random disconnections out of the blue.

Dint change or downloaded any software so my comp is till the same when i started to play in the ast beta weekends.

Many people are jumping the gun all of a sudden and the realm i started on is already a ghostown :(

Rerold on another server with High population to prevent a deja-vu ala Warhammer/Aion

But now i cant even play on my damn free day -_-

Seems alot of people where right about EA/Bioware, i hoped to prove them wrong al those naysayers...

Patience young padawan, but in the meantime the cash is already paid and the fun is gone in a hearthbeat.

I have a good system but in some zones I get slow motion, even my cooldowns seem to take longer than normal and occasionally there's that Max Payne's infamous bullet time when I do force charge on my jugg, but that only happens in certain zones such as Hoth and Alderaan. I will try this and go to those zones and find out if it changes anything.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thank you for your advice! Warzones are playable now!

An update: Turns out that this did not fix my issues in warzones. I just happened to test it early in the morning when the population was really low (~5 people in Republic Fleet only). Trying warzones later I faced the same problems I had before.

Still hoping the Bioware team will introduce a permanent solution soon!

I also use a laptop to play this game thats really low end and it has XP. I only had the disable visual themes option but before I knew this trick PVP was super choppy, now its very playable and smooth. Thanks again, this makes a huge difference!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.