No patch on 1/17/2011

Kryptale

Bingo. I was shocked they were going to release it before the renewal period, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if this was planned.

Rift did the same thing. Content patch after a pay cycle...nothing new here. Greedy MMO companies with buggy *** games sc****** for every last nickle.

I think it was more along the lines of :

"We know it sorta sucked, but HERE! Everything fixed! Now resub plz."

Except patchfail and now ragequit.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 187 pages of people crying about the Kira bug.

Probababy equal number Crying about the PvP brackets.

Majority of the people crying about the PvP brackets are end-gamers.

They should have released the patches seperately.

Kira patch to placate those affected.

Seperate PvP bracket patch which would have probably let the people crying over end-game at LEAST play PvP until they release the new rakghoul endgame FP.

And fix guild listings (For real this time)

And non-responsive UI bug (have to CTRL+Ux2 to fix)

Or ability lag

or patcher issues

Or dying for no reason in ops

or randomly respawning ops bosses

or randomly NOT spawning ops bosses

or not getting credit for daily pvp wins

or...............ect

Of course they were going to wait til after the renewal... I was just telling a friend of mine 'watch - patch will suddenly be delayed til next week.'

EA/Bioware at its finest.

EAware. Interestingly, A dev closed a previous thread and directed me to this one so they seem to be watching

Edited by Spyderwraith

The "them" you refer to, are the people in this world who make **** happen. We don't lay down and let people shove BS down our throats. Truth is, you want us and need us, because if unmotivated to fix anything, Bioware is, disappointed you will be.

There are constructive ways to offer criticism....then you have what is happening on the forums.

And fix guild listings (For real this time)

And non-responsive UI bug (have to CTRL+Ux2 to fix)

Or ability lag

or patcher issues

Or dying for no reason in ops

or randomly respawning ops bosses

or randomly NOT spawning ops bosses

or not getting credit for daily pvp wins

or...............ect

Add in fix unharvestable nodes (for real this time)

Companions dropping dead for no reason when exiting a shuttle

enemies getting stuck in the wall and you not being able to kill them but they can kill you

Add in fix unharvestable nodes (for real this time)

enemies getting stuck in the wall and you not being able to kill them but they can kill you

Or companions randomly falling down and getting back up continually

Or the fact they don't auto repawn after you exit a vehicle OR the fact you can't summon them once in a fight your in because you get blown off a vehicle

OR the fact they have massive green random instances

So? let them leave. we dont need people like that in our game anyways. if you can't even bring up that little bit of patience to wait what a game like this (or any mmo) will grow in to, that's your problem. dont forget to close the door on your way out.

It's not a question of patience. Some people just don't want to finance Bioware to fix this unfinished product. Not that I didn't see this coming though, clever to make sure that people pay for another month after the free one ends now.

This one cracked me up. Happens in elevators too (not the platform ones, the quick zone ones). Went up, started a fight and was like ***...turn around, pet lying there dead at the entrance.

Thought lol, oh well. Went down after quest, dead again. Then the best bug. The next elevator I took, I died..turned the game off and went to sleep.

There are constructive ways to offer criticism....then you have what is happening on the forums.

You're right, and I agree, unfortunately, it feels odd, and I had a bunch of spare time on my hands this morning. And, I love a lively debate. But, the truth is, I guess is that I had high hopes and I'm disappointed. That's all really. It's my own fault. I just get angry when people defend incompetence. In my world, there are consequences for my actions. The only consequence I can extend to Bioware is not to re-sub, which I am not going to do.

I truly enjoyed my leveling experience and was able to look past all the bugs and issues, as none were game-breaking. But after experiencing end-game content and the lack of attention paid to serious issues that were affecting game-play, sadly, I lost confidence in Bioware. I may come back in a few months to re-visit, but I didn't with AoC, or Warhammer, or Rift. Maybe, I just need to lower my expectations. Bye, and no, you can't have my stuff.

A list of the last couple pages of minor bugs that add up pretty fast, and having to experience them all the time, does start to get old after awhile. These are the things that should be fixed with hotfixes (not all listed can be, but most)

1. Kira patch to placate those affected.
  2. Seperate PvP bracket patch which would have probably let the people crying over end-game at LEAST play PvP
  3. And fix guild listings (For real this time)
  4. And non-responsive UI bug (have to CTRL+Ux2 to fix)
  5. Or ability lag
  6. or patcher issues
  7. Or dying for no reason in ops
  8. or randomly respawning ops bosses
  9. or randomly NOT spawning ops bosses
  10. or not getting credit for daily pvp wins
  11. Add in fix unharvestable nodes (for real this time)
  12. Companions dropping dead for no reason when exiting a shuttle
  13. enemies getting stuck in the wall and you not being able to kill them but they can kill you
  14. Or companions randomly falling down and getting back up continually
  15. Or the fact they don't auto repawn after you exit a vehicle OR the fact you can't summon them once in a fight your in because you get blown off a vehicle
  16. OR the fact they have massive green random instances
  17. Only the group that gets the killing blow getting credit for mission completion in Ops

I can't believe some of the stuff that's being posted here.

You pay to play, not to get patches when you want patches.

They were going to release the patch in time for the resubs so people would have more content and bug fixes, allowing Bioware to show you they really do care to make this game awesome. At the last minute they decided to delay it because of some bugs that would be game breaking.

Do you seriously think Bioware did that to SCAM people into resubbing without the patch? What kind of crazy business model do you think they run? This hurts Bioware the most but they still pulled the patch because it's not ready.

End of the story, keep paying if you enjoy playing. If you don't, no amount of game patches delivered on time will keep you here for any extended period of time worth whining about on here.

I can't believe some of the stuff that's being posted here.

You pay to play, not to get patches when you want patches.

They were going to release the patch in time for the resubs so people would have more content and bug fixes, allowing Bioware to show you they really do care to make this game awesome. At the last minute they decided to delay it because of some bugs that would be game breaking.

Do you seriously think Bioware did that to SCAM people into resubbing without the patch? What kind of crazy business model do you think they run? This hurts Bioware the most but they still pulled the patch because it's not ready.

End of the story, keep paying if you enjoy playing. If you don't, no amount of game patches delivered on time will keep you here for any extended period of time worth whining about on here.

This....just.............holy crap LMAO so you think people should accept paying for a game that was released too soon and isn't getting fixed quick enough? Man what other things do you like so I can open a business about it and sell you and people who think like you bad products? lol

Bingo. I was shocked they were going to release it before the renewal period, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if this was planned.

Rift did the same thing. Content patch after a pay cycle...nothing new here. Greedy MMO companies with buggy *** games sc****** for every last nickle.

except rift wasn't a buggy mess, and stuff from beta was actually fixed. how long was kira been bugged in beta? how long was level 40+ content tested?

Edited by Graburr

allowing Bioware to show you they really do care to make this game awesome.

don't know about you, but how long was it in development?

that's several years "to show they care to make this game awesome"

as for the rest, saved as screenshot. just.to.hilarious...

A list of the last couple pages of minor bugs that add up pretty fast, and having to experience them all the time, does start to get old after awhile. These are the things that should be fixed with hotfixes (not all listed can be, but most)

1. Kira patch to placate those affected.
  2. Seperate PvP bracket patch which would have probably let the people crying over end-game at LEAST play PvP
  3. And fix guild listings (For real this time)
  4. And non-responsive UI bug (have to CTRL+Ux2 to fix)
  5. Or ability lag
  6. or patcher issues
  7. Or dying for no reason in ops
  8. or randomly respawning ops bosses
  9. or randomly NOT spawning ops bosses
  10. or not getting credit for daily pvp wins
  11. Add in fix unharvestable nodes (for real this time)
  12. Companions dropping dead for no reason when exiting a shuttle
  13. enemies getting stuck in the wall and you not being able to kill them but they can kill you
  14. Or companions randomly falling down and getting back up continually
  15. Or the fact they don't auto repawn after you exit a vehicle OR the fact you can't summon them once in a fight your in because you get blown off a vehicle
  16. OR the fact they have massive green random instances
  17. Only the group that gets the killing blow getting credit for mission completion in Ops

Do you guys realise, that if they switched staff that was working on new content patch for like 2-3 days all of these bugs would be fixed?

Don't you think is ok to wait for a week to polish your car, but it's kinda not ok to ride for a week if one of your car's wheels fell of?

except rift wasn't a buggy mess, and stuff from beta was actually fixed. how long was kira been bugged in beta? how long was level 40+ content tested?

Rift had quite a few end game bugs, however, nothing really gamebreaking. I was using it as an example of when companies release contact.

You can add to your list the BH chapter 1 story quest npc not spawning at the end of the mission. That's a great one I ran into on an alt. Reset the instance 3 times. Finally got fed up and logged off. At work the next day, I found a thread 4 pages deep in the BH forums about a workaround to queue for pvp and when you get out the guy will be there....***... what kind of poor coding is this. This doesn't warrant an immediate fix? It's fixed in the patch but that's now been delayed twice? That's great for all the people who don't bother reading forums who won't find an answer. The terrible customer support response AFTER 2 DAYS was thanks we'll forward it on.

Edited by Qilz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.